Last expansion you enjoyed.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
BfA, legion, mop, wrath, bc. I enjoyed those ones.
11/11/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Jagdtiger
Haha, always good for a laugh metro, thanks for being around.

Gotta do what it takes to keep that sweet, sweet greentext.
Cataclysm, those difficult dungeons were a blessing in a game where everything else was getting easier every day.
Mists of Pandaria was a great expac because of all of the really beautiful areas and mounts! I love all of the expacs though, new content!
MoP and the very beginning of WoD.
Legion was probably the 2nd best expansion overall.

M+ really gave players a lot more flexibility in terms of progression, and a few months of being unable to raid didn't put you hopelessly behind as in BC, Wrath, Cata, etc. I had fun with it.

BC was - by far - the best expansion because of the sheer amount and difficulty of raid content.
Legion was great.

Also LMAO at the people who have stayed subbed for 10+ years but actually haven't had fun since BC/Wrath.

Imagine spending this much time and money on something you hate.
I really loved legion! Loved Suramar story, and all the raids! Classes felt pretty great too with the exception of a few.
MoP was the last I fully enjoyed. I liked parts of WoD and Legion but there were also several things I didn't like. Don't have BfA so can't comment on that one.
Mists of Pandaria.

PvP was the most vibrant. The rise of oQueue addon, lots of premade communities, lots of RBG participation to the point of 2K rating being a yolo rating.

There was no scaling, one could gather a party of five geared players to wreak havoc on battlegrounds. Friends were made. Individuals could feel like heroes. I can still remember all the fun I was having with warrior brother, how we played arenas to gear to help alliance in BGs. That was the most heroic experience.

Classes were better. Really good plays actually could turn around things. Warriors were OP with the Second Wind. Affliction warlocks and snapshotting - time it right, pop all cooldowns, Soul Swap dots around and see enemy team melt.

The most fun MM hunter design ever, with double Steady Shot focus buff, also stacking for instant Aimed Shots, which did 100% on targets above 80% health. Aimed Shot into Chimera Shot into Kill Shot was the most fun combo to execute.

Also the music and art design was beautiful. There was something very majestic about them.

(Ret paladin design was improved in WoD though, but that's it)
MoP. Easy.
11/11/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Byniri
Legion was great.

Also LMAO at the people who have stayed subbed for 10+ years but actually haven't had fun since BC/Wrath.

Meh, I didn't hate anything after MoP, except for BfA, but that's another thread. MoP is the last complete xpac I liked. I did like bits and pieces of Draenor and did enjoy most of Legion, but I liked everything about mists from start to finish. And I don't raid, so I never hit the Siege drought.
It would have to be MoP actually.

I genuinely enjoyed that expack despite the problems, only thing I wish I didn't miss was the phoenix mounts though. I'm still kicking myself for not finishing them up since I adore the ashen color.
11/11/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Mëdicinal
What was the last expansion that you fully enjoyed? When did the level of fun you had in the game plummet?

For me it was WotLK, sure that was the beginning of dumbing the game down but the content itself was good. Yes I still play but not nearly as much, just come back every expansion to see what's new. And no this isn't because my gamer views have changed (my friends and I are dying for that original WoW mmorpg feel). BfA got about a month out of me and I haven't really been on since. Log in, stare at the screen for 5 minutes, log out.

MOP...
11/11/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Byniri
Legion was great.

TBC was peak gaming for me. I liked Wrath and Cata. Pandaria wasn't fun for me, but I leveled a toon and checked out the endgame, then quit. Ditto for WoD.

Legion was great. BfA...I like the M+ but I don't think its a good game as it sits right now. Perhaps 8.1 will clean it up.
11/11/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Metrohaha
I've never played an expansion I didn't enjoy, and its kinda odd to think others wouldn't be in that same boat and still be around to talk about it.

Regardless, BFA is slowly cementing itself as my favorite for sure.
I love pretty much all the content, the music, the zones, and especailly our city as Horde.
8.1 looks like it might be my favorite patch ever as well, and will contain a raid I easily think will go down as my favorite ever outright.

I love troll stuff, and I love the city, so combining all that seems just absolutely spectacular.
ZG was my favorite raid up until now, so that should explain some things.

Otherwise, if it wasn't for the current, my favorite expansions would go in this order.

Legion > MoP > TBC > WoD > Cata >>>> Wrath.

Really didn't enjoy most of wrath, and it was the time when they added some of my least favorite decisions that eventually cascaded into bad ideas like split difficulty raiding, queueable content, massive leveling nerfs, and huge deviations on class design.

BUT YET U ENJOY all off the content that spewed off what u consider ur least favorite expac....play the game and stop posting for internet points.
my heart hurts seeing so many dislike BFA =(
Legion
11/11/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Mëdicinal
What was the last expansion that you fully enjoyed? When did the level of fun you had in the game plummet?

MOP is mine and the level of fun never ended until it ended and we got the train wreck called WOD.
Legion. Amazing expac.