Last expansion you enjoyed.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
legion. i finally got back into raiding in legion and really enjoyed that. i had some personal issues that kept me from raiding after vanilla till the end of wod.

but ya legion was great and bfa is a little less great but im still having a good time.
Had the most fun time in Wrath, were my lava bursts felt like they did something
Last xpac I had fun with was Legion.
11/11/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Mëdicinal
What was the last expansion that you fully enjoyed? When did the level of fun you had in the game plummet?

For me it was WotLK, sure that was the beginning of dumbing the game down but the content itself was good. Yes I still play but not nearly as much, just come back every expansion to see what's new. And no this isn't because my gamer views have changed (my friends and I are dying for that original WoW mmorpg feel). BfA got about a month out of me and I haven't really been on since. Log in, stare at the screen for 5 minutes, log out.

Ive only been playin for 15 months or so, but I did level characters from 1-110.
The game got fun at MoP and stopped being fun at WoD because of the garrison and Pathfinder. Legion did the same thing with Pathfinder, which kept me from liking it as well. then enter BfA....pathfinder again.. Its been maybe nearly two weeks since Ive done anything in BfA. Lost all interest in it at this point.
Nothing to do with all the stuff there is to do because I just didnt get that far.
Drustvar was a blast with the witch coven storyline, but everywhere else just didnt feel very enticing.

So I guess that MoP was the last expansion I liked. And honestly its the only one I like.
What was the last expansion that you fully enjoyed? When did the level of fun you had in the game plummet?

For me it was WotLK, sure that was the beginning of dumbing the game down but the content itself was good. Yes I still play but not nearly as much, just come back every expansion to see what's new. And no this isn't because my gamer views have changed (my friends and I are dying for that original WoW mmorpg feel). BfA got about a month out of me and I haven't really been on since. Log in, stare at the screen for 5 minutes, log out.
MOP and WOD PVP was a blast for me. They killed it in Legion and now in BfA because I cannot get into the class mechanics of it for PVP =(

However, for PVE I had fun in MOP and Legion but WOD was lame. I do like the content in BfA so far.

The class mechanics in my opening is what is hurting this game. The classes and specs are not fun at all for me.

I've tried to play but I find myself logging in less then I usually do O.o
I have enjoyed every expac.

I'm really enjoying BFA so far.

My least favourite xpac being Wrath for Nax and Trial.

WOD - Higmaul almost made me quit but BRF onwards picked up its game.
I had a lot of fun in legion. I had a bunch of characters at 100 at the start of legion and not only got them to 110 but did various amounts of raiding on several of them, mage tower and more.

bfa has been drastically less fun so far but I've tried to tough it out until some of the patches come out. I've only gotten one char to cap and have little desire to level any others except my rogue who is around 116. lack of new class features, underwhelming Azerite, dungeons that are not fun and not a very gripping story have all made bfa seem pretty bad in comparison.

I played a lot in wod and felt like the leveling experience and class design was overall much better. I do prefer WQs to the old daily style quests, though both are pretty repetitive.
Legion. It had ups and downs but more ups than downs for me. Even liked the Mage Tower and would be excited to see another solo challenge style scenario.
Wrath

Last time I stayed subbed from start to finish
Legion was great and on my opinion the best expansion. :)
Legion has been the best expansion for me, not in all ways, but overall. Fantastic expansion.
I am currently enjoying BFA even though there are more than a few things in it I dislike. But I am still enjoying it.
Wotlk by a country mile for sure! before they changed the talent trees and put in lfg/lfd. From there it just went down hill. I've played since 2006 on and off stopped in the middle of cata and came back at the end of legion. From what I've heard I didn't miss anything lol.
I'm waiting for classic as bfa has become arguably the worst expansion to date; aside from wod and mop.
Fyi I quit bfa due to there being no master loot and the egregious amounts of rng as pertaining to acquiring/targeting loot.
I've enjoyed them all, each one since I started in Cata.
Also, pineapple belongs on pizza, and the terms soda and pop can be used interchangeably.
There. Should piss off the whole forum with that.
Favorite is a toss up between WotLK and MoP. BC was a lot of fun at the tail end.

I really liked Cataclysm adding flying to more of WoW.

I quit in WoD for over 6 months in protest to flying being removed, and came back when it was available again. I enjoyed the end of WoD for the raids and mythic dungeons.

Legion was tough, I had some fun, mythic+ was mostly fun, raids were mostly fun if a bit obnoxious sometimes with the mechanics, flying helped a lot at the end even though Argus was a pretty crappy designed zone where exploring got you killed more often than not.

BfA was too much a continuation of Legion, and knowing flying was time gated far too long I uninstalled WoW after 2 weeks. Probably the end of WoW for me as long as pathfinder is used to time gate flying. Flying is epic fun, but the wait for it is far too long.
All of them except Cata, which I still like parts of.

TBC is kind of clunky at this point but dat quest density.
MoP

Class Design was on point
All forms of PvP was booming
World Design was fantastic

I'd say the last expansion I fully enjoyed was this one, because I've had fun playing all of them.

I think WoW was more "magical" back when I first started because the world was new and more exciting to me back then as I was new, but I can't blame Blizzard for me losing some of this "magic" over the years. I've still enjoyed every expansion, and hope to do so in the future. :)
MoP
Fully enjoyed? Every expansion has had issues, but I've enjoyed every one of them I've played (BC, Wrath, Legion, BFA). The crazy RNG for gearing right now kind of sucks though.