Story Forum
11/11/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Grandblade
11/11/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Chåoslord
Called it. Next expansion warden and darkranger hero classes
NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE PLAYABLE.

But i want to play a mechanaga demon hunter :(
11/11/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Kundros
But i want to play a mechanaga demon hunter :(
Look, I wanna play as a Half-Nathrezim Leper Bard as much as the next guy, but y'know.
11/11/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Kalaryia
It'd be like if the original Star Wars trilogy ended with the Rebels losing.
Isn't that uh, where we're at right now?
11/11/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Serevèn

empire strikes back

We're in a different narrative arc right now.
I mean it's nice that there's something for Night Elf players to rally behind, but it feels really weak. Tyrande gives a speech to a crowd of like, thirty people? Kinda feels more like some RPers out enjoying themselves. Needs more oomph, some ancients or glaive throwers or something so they look a more imposing threat, at least.

The dialogue itself is... ok, but I wish it was a little less cliched. "For our hope resides not in the trees, but in our bonds to each other!" is nice for feeling like the Night Elves aren't entirely hopeless, but the whole speech comes across like generic hero speech that somebody copy pasted and just edited to be pertinent to Night Elves. Just feels like a bunch of purple humans rather then an ancient race.

Is anyone else noticing Tyrande sounds kinda weird here though? I swear I can hear more tired old lady in her voice, and a little bit of echo to it in the last couple sentences. "Bonds" especially, it almost rings to my ear.
11/11/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Kalaryia
...Isn't that uh, where we're at right now?

We're in a different narrative arc right now.
Shame it had to throw the past one under the bus to do its own thing then. Feels like garbage.
ahmm...
what?

so okay, this is after the nightwarrior scenario? or the finale of it?

Is this after we kill the valkyr ?
or is after the darkshore finale? i mean, what does that even mean?
tyrande and CO seems to be so proud of the "victory" but.. isn't darkshore a warfront? so..
if this is after the warfront.. doesn't that mean that we are going to lose next week?
i am so confused.
because even genn and mia are there, what the hell is mia doing in the battlefield in the first place?

Does this means that nelfs will canonically win darkshore?

pd:i love the lack of sounds effects on the applause,makes everything weird,out of place, random and funny at the same time, with that human throwing a /train emote LOL.
I figured out what this cinematic made me think of this morning at work.

"We are Kaldorei!"
Narrator: "And there was much rejoicing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmPhaG1ud38
11/11/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Withpuppys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQDLjqAbFac enjoy

also where did genn and mia come from

The crowd looks rather pathetically small.
11/12/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Resìleaf

"We are Kaldorei!"

It made me think of Donald Trump's "overflowing" crowds at his inaguration.
11/12/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Drahliana
11/12/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Resìleaf

"We are Kaldorei!"

Don't.
11/12/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Grandblade
11/12/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Drahliana

Don't.
i agree with the human paladin, politics is a can of worms thats best left unopened in the forums.
11/11/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Chåoslord
Called it. Next expansion warden and darkranger hero classes
NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE PLAYABLE.

WHY NOT!?
11/12/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Granfaloon
... NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE PLAYABLE.

WHY NOT!?

Because coding has limits.
11/12/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Etheldald

Does this means that nelfs will canonically win darkshore?

[/quote]

No... because there will probably be a similar scene for Nathannos cheering a victory on his side. Horde players have to win too. It's going to play out much like the way the Stromgarde warfront does now.
11/11/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Merìngue
11/11/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Darethy
Something has to happen that turns the tables by 8.3, and i'm concerned about the fanbase reaction when we find out what it is.

Based on what? There is no reason that is has to. It could very well be Tyrande that separates Sylvanas head from her shoulders and ends the war.

Honestly, if Blizzard ends this expac with the Alliance, and Night Elves in particular, as anything other than a relative high point:

In other words: really, really stupid.

Problem at the moment is the Alliance fanbase reaction, at least on story forums, isn’t matching up with what is being told in game.

In game the Alliance gets told that “victory is weeks away” after the Battle of Dazar’alor. (Even the Horde basically gets told this). We know for certain that the war won’t end any time soon. That very likely means the Alliance is going to suffer a major setback very soon.

The players of course don’t see the Battle of Dazar’alor as a big victory for the Alliance like the in game Alliance and Horde do. That’s just asking for a major disappointment.
Anyone notice that this scene is taking place under what looks like to be a solar eclipse? (Lunar eclipse don't have prominences) That was also the last time that anyone can claim to have witnessedan Elune manifestation.
I find her accent in that cinematic really distracting. Some vowel sounds change from Caribbean to almost British as the voice actor shifts in and out of accents. I like that there is a clip to watch but those accents, plus half the crowd doing train emotes, make it hard to watch again.
11/12/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Jandarus
I find her accent in that cinematic really distracting. Some vowel sounds change from Caribbean to almost British as the voice actor shifts in and out of accents.

It's best not to think about Night Elven accents too much. One of the voicefiles for female Night Elves uses a similar accent to Tyrande, but not as thick. But the rest use a different one. Delaryn was inexplicably British. The Legion version of Thisalee sounds like a teenager hopped up on speed (or a Gnome). The Wardens have been chainsmoking for 10,000 years (especially Maive). And the usual voices for male Night Elves are good for being low and wise-sounding, or low and menacing, but utterly ridiculous when they try to yell (see Malfurion, or the male Night Elf death scream).