Druid,Priest,Shaman,Mage or Warlock!

Classic Discussion
HALP! i want to play everything , i decide i want to main something for classic , then the next day i change my mind. lets talk about what i should play
Play a class you haven’t before. New content right there.
Level them all. Get each one to level 15-20ish before making a decision on what to press onward with.
11/13/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Jdpp
Level them all. Get each one to level 15-20ish before making a decision on what to press onward with.
cant do that friend i want to hit 60 early and start to gear up and help my guild get ready for raiding
warlock: dark wizard of chaos and doom, U get ur own personal sex demon and a bodyguard thats made out of ShadowMagick
If you want to heal and be sought after then go priest. They take a lot longer to level than everything else until you get shadow form.
Mages are incredible for farming. Good dps and wanted for raids and dungeons.
Druids are dispel bots.
Not knowledgeable about shamans in vanilla.
Warlocks are gimped in raids due to debuff slot limits. They can summon and have soulstone and healthstones. They get an extremely cheap mount at 40 and a cool questline for their 100% mount at 60.
11/13/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Dirtytape
If you want to heal and be sought after then go priest. They take a lot longer to level than everything else until you get shadow form.
Mages are incredible for farming. Good dps and wanted for raids and dungeons.
Druids are dispel bots.
Not knowledgeable about shamans in vanilla.
Warlocks are gimped in raids due to debuff slot limits. They can summon and have soulstone and healthstones. They get an extremely cheap mount at 40 and a cool questline for their 100% mount at 60.
thank you for tying i dont need a breakdown what classes do, im aware of this, i was looking more for opinions
I mean I'm going to roll a priest. But that's because I only plan to !@#%!**@ face in bgs/world pvp and then heal to occasional dungeon to gear up. Could possibly switch to disc if I choose healing in the future so I am not stuck to a single roll. But that's just me idk
Mage 1st so you can farm for all your other classes.
11/13/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Micro
HALP! i want to play everything , i decide i want to main something for classic , then the next day i change my mind. lets talk about what i should play

Elemental Shaman (if you intend on playing Horde)

Stupid high burst damage, and due to your gearing, you can actually DPS /OR/ Heal in dungeons, and easily heal in raids (30/0/21 is perfectly capable of healing in raids).

While leveling, you won't need two gear sets, and for 10/20/40 man raids, just bring gear with more Mp5 rather than +nature damage and you're golden.

Chain Lightning and heals is god mode in world pvp large fights and AV stalements where you can just throw crits into large crowds and watch alliance drop. It also helps that every melee will want you around for WF. Ever see a rogue or ms warrior with WF one shot a clothy? You will, a lot.

Druids are neat if you just want more casual play, or be able to do stealth runs with rogues. But overall, it will just make you want to play a different class. Unless of course you REALLY know what you're doing and are dead set on playing a druid in the first place.

Shadow preist is very powerful horde side with troll / undead. Much stronger than their alliance counterparts. Mind controlling people off boats and into the lava at BRM will be a huge staple, as well as mind controlling pvp elite NPC's at arathi highlands and Alterac Valley portals. Arguably, the strongest 1v1 pvp class, but lacks the range and staying power that other casters have to accel at larger battles.

Warlocks if you hate mages, and but still want to be a pure dps class. Still very fun, but my general knowledge is limited. I had a twink at 39 back in the day, but that isn't quite the same as mastering the class at 60. In large wpvp battles (fighting over bosses, open world conflict, or AV) The dots apply a metric sht ton of pressure on enemies as you do crazy amounts of damage just by dotting everyone in sight. Really helps your faction gain momentum as the enemy faction is literally taking thousands of damage from your dots while the stalemate sits on. In private servers, hunters, warlocks and ele shamans rack up the most kills overall in AV because of their high damage at range. They are also a staple of setting up both pvp and pve raids for summons, i.e. summoning people in the deep run tram for horde so you can back door ironforge, or summoning your raid group for BRM based raids / pvp.

Horde could always use more based lightning Gods. Go Ele shaman. You'll crap on mages, paladins and rogues, which will be undoubtedly very popular in classic and there is a lot of unique int / sp based mail gear that is exclusive to you. Also, a horde warrior with WF and purges will beat a paladin warrior combo, your warrior will do far more damage and the paladin's buffs will be removed from the equation. Fastest instance group is a shaman with 2/3 warriors and 1/2 rogues. Get friends who play melee.
Mage can aoe farm, solo parts in dungeons others cannot, make money off of selling water/food. Solid choice.
11/13/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Saintanger

Elemental Shaman (if you intend on playing Horde)

Stupid high burst damage, and due to your gearing, you can actually DPS /OR/ Heal in dungeons, and easily heal in raids (30/0/21 is perfectly capable of healing in raids).

While leveling, you won't need two gear sets, and for 10/20/40 man raids, just bring gear with more Mp5 rather than +nature damage and you're golden.

Chain Lightning and heals is god mode in world pvp large fights and AV stalements where you can just throw crits into large crowds and watch alliance drop. It also helps that every melee will want you around for WF. Ever see a rogue or ms warrior with WF one shot a clothy? You will, a lot.

Druids are neat if you just want more casual play, or be able to do stealth runs with rogues. But overall, it will just make you want to play a different class. Unless of course you REALLY know what you're doing and are dead set on playing a druid in the first place.

Shadow preist is very powerful horde side with troll / undead. Much stronger than their alliance counterparts. Mind controlling people off boats and into the lava at BRM will be a huge staple, as well as mind controlling pvp elite NPC's at arathi highlands and Alterac Valley portals. Arguably, the strongest 1v1 pvp class, but lacks the range and staying power that other casters have to accel at larger battles.

Warlocks if you hate mages, and but still want to be a pure dps class. Still very fun, but my general knowledge is limited. I had a twink at 39 back in the day, but that isn't quite the same as mastering the class at 60. The dots apply a metric sht ton of pressure on enemies as you do crazy amounts of damage just by dotting everyone in sight. Really helps your faction gain momentum as the enemy faction is literally taking thousands of damage from your dots while the stalemate sits on. In private servers, hunters, warlocks and ele shamans rack up the most kills overall because of their high damage at range. They are also a staple of setting up both pvp and pve raids for summons, i.e. summoning people in the deep run tram for horde so you can back door ironforge, or summoning your raid group for BRM based raids / pvp.

Horde could always use more based lightning Gods. Go Ele shaman. You'll crap on mages, paladins and rogues, which will be undoubted very popular in classic and there is a lot of unique int / sp based mail gear that is exclusive to you. Also, a horde warrior with WF and pruges will beat a paladin warrior combo, your warrior will do far more damage and the paladin's buffs will be removed from the equation. Fastest instance group is a shaman with 2/3 warriors and 1/2 rogues. Get friends who play melee.
you have passed the test friend, Shaman was the correct answer

Main something new, or newish, then roll all of the others as alts.

Vanilla was great that way.
11/13/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Modelcitizen

but but , why you make this hard on me,the nice elf man told me shaman , i have alwasy been shaman , now im dont know anymore
11/13/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Micro
11/13/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Modelcitizen

but but , why you make this hard on me,the nice elf man told me shaman , i have alwasy been shaman , now im dont know anymore

Shaman in vanilla played VERY different than it does in more modern expansions.

I'd argue unless you extensively played vanilla in non-official enviorments *cough* *cough* over the past 14 years, go shaman.

Best way to figure out what works for you is to try it first. Now, I'm not advocating private servers here, especially in light of Classic coming out, but for just this purpose, you should give it a shot. Go Light's Hope.