If WoW were on Xbox?

General Discussion
Theoretically, if WoW were released to Xbox but required the soon to be released keyboard and mouse support do you think the community would be an inferno, a poop show, or completely reasonable to the idea?

I'd include PS4 but I don't believe they natively support keyboard and mouse.

I wouldn't mind it. Might help reinvigorate the player base and provide an easy to target platform for the devs to work on.
I think with the climate after Blizzcon's diablo fiasco that Blizzard would be really reluctant to put wow on a Console at the moment. The community would probably run with it to rage town all over the forums.

Me personally, I wouldn't mind, might finally be able to convince my GF to give it a shot and stop playing xbox diablo 3 for a few minutes.
Not as much outrage because it would be a cheaper alternative for people to play Warcraft on.
The people that would rage about WoW on console would be the ones complaining how BfA sucks and they should put their effort into fixing that instead of going on a different console. And I hope those people are currently already unsubbed so they wouldnt even be able to complain here anyway.
If wow were on Mobile!!!....
Who actually wants this? I’m a major fan of my Xbox one X but wouldn’t play WoW on there
11/13/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Abattøir
Theoretically, if WoW were released to Xbox but required the soon to be released keyboard and mouse support do you think the community would be an inferno, a poop show, or completely reasonable to the idea?

I wouldn't mind it. Might help reinvigorate the player base and provide an easy to target platform for the devs to work on.

For one, it wouldn't be on B.net so they wouldn't be playing with PC people. 2nd, I don't see them wasting their time porting it to console. FFXIV and ESO did because they were planning on console during development. Why do you think all the f2p games haven't ported to console? Rift, GW2 (p2p), Tera, AoC, LotR, SWToR, etc. None on console.
I'm not sure I really understand the difference, if wow is still being played with keyboard, mouse, addons, etc.
Technically it could be since the Xbox is running on Windows 10; however, with the resources being limited by the nature of Microsoft's modification to the OS, it might not work well.
If it required keyboard and mouse I don't see the issue. As long as the game isn't reduced to a state that can fit on console.

Console adapts to fit WoW = Good

WoW adapts to fit console = Bad
11/13/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Snowfox
I'm not sure I really understand the difference, if wow is still being played with keyboard, mouse, addons, etc.

My thought is that it would allow those with consoles but not gaming PCs to play WoW without having to think through the complexities of PC gaming builds and costs, etc... Not sure if the market is there, but it may be a way to expand the player base.
11/13/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Abattøir
11/13/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Snowfox

My thought is that it would allow those with consoles but not gaming PCs to play WoW without having to think through the complexities of PC gaming builds and costs, etc... Not sure if the market is there, but it may be a way to expand the player base.

It's just, from a purely left hand on keyboard, right hand on mouse, staring at a video screen perspective.. it's not any different from how we play, right?

i.e. I don't want wow reduced to a console controller, but that's unlikely. Neither though, do I have a problem with consoles getting keyboards and mice and doing wow.
11/13/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Snowfox
11/13/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Abattøir

It's just, from a purely left hand on keyboard, right hand on mouse, staring at a video screen perspective.. it's not any different from how we play, right?

i.e. I don't want wow reduced to a console controller, but that's unlikely. Neither though, do I have a problem with consoles getting keyboards and mice and doing wow.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. No differences other than the platform. I know the idea is farfetched, but the idea was in my head since I heard XB1 is getting the kb&m support soon and wanted to see how others thought.
It would need to be a separate game from the PC but otherwise I wouldn't care. It would give the devs even more incentive to improve the game.
11/13/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Abattøir

There is actually, it is just disabled for the time being. There are a few peripherals that allow this to be turned on and they happen to be a keyboard and a mouse.

As for WoW being on Xbox... well you'd add like 7 new players to the game.
id play it alot.playing wow in my leather recliner with a controller on a 50" 1080p tv..........make wow for consoles not for phones blizzard.
11/13/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Melantha
Not as much outrage because it would be a cheaper alternative for people to play Warcraft on.

You can build a cheap PC nowadays. Pretty much the same price or lower than the new Xbox One X or w/e its called and get a better performance.

The thing is it takes initiative to build one.
11/13/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Raicolette
Technically it could be since the Xbox is running on Windows 10; however, with the resources being limited by the nature of Microsoft's modification to the OS, it might not work well.
SOthis
SOme game sjust don't translate well to the small screen
*KEepWoWEPIC
I wouldn’t play it for one reason:

Xbox requires a subscription to play online multiplayer. So to play WoW on console you’d have to pay TWO subscriptions.

PlayStation is the same.

I’m betting that’s why it hasn’t happened yet.
11/13/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Overrpowered
If wow were on Mobile!!!....

I'd be down for this.