New forums been cancelled ?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I hope so mabey they realized its not needed and that these fourms are indeed superior.
Lol, no. Technical difficulties.
11/13/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Zeropointt
Lol, no. Technical difficulties.

This would happen.

F
They did it because you misspelled forums, lol.
The gnomes they hired rebelled and now the Blizzard staff is inside a bathroom trying to fend off waves of gnome assassins.
11/13/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Saadet
The gnomes they hired rebelled and now the Blizzard staff is inside a bathroom trying to fend off waves of gnome assassins.

Because of Horde bias, they hired goblins and the servers were built to blast.
we did it reddit
well look how long it took to fix the post history. Not to mention the CMs haven't even bothered to announce the new forums are coming, what to expect, and what has/will change.

When people have been saying the changes were coming since April what would a few more months of nothing do?
11/13/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Clasmenethil
I hope so mabey they realized its not needed and that these fourms are indeed superior.

No, the changes is not cancelled. Every single Blizzard forum is changing to the new Discourse software. They started with OW in Feb, HotS this summer, HS was scheduled for Oct but got delayed. WoW seems to be delayed given they pulled down the announcement.

This has been planned for a LONG time. You can read about it back in April on the CS forums.

04/23/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Vrakthris
04/23/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Scüba
They did just totally re-do the Overwatch forums with a new update, so I would expect that is what will be happening to the WoW forums as well, when that happens is anyones guess, but the new expansion might be a safe bet.

All of our forums should eventually be converted to the same as Overwatch has now. We are rolling those updates out slowly though, addressing some of the issues that we have found, developing new tools and features to make our forums the best they can be.

When those changes will come to the World of Warcraft forums is not yet determined. It may be around the launch of the Battle for Azeroth, but it is not determined by that timeframe and I would be surprised if that were to come to pass. The game and the forums are entirely different entities with different teams working on them. The cosmetics of the forums usually update with an expansion, such as in theme and coloration. The fundamentals of the forums are on their own schedule.
Very disappointing hopefully it's just a short delay.
The changes are being time gated.
I’m holding out on the slim hope they changed their mind.
Seemed weird that they would do this during a PTR cycle. Hopefully they delayed it until after December 11th.
It seems delayed.

So they'll be released Soon™
11/13/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Sorelai
Seemed weird that they would do this during a PTR cycle. Hopefully they delayed it until after December 11th.

Hopefully NOT.
New forums been 404'd boys!
11/13/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Tovi
I’m holding out on the slim hope they changed their mind.

Why? I guess you don't want to lose the post count?
New forums are mobile only, still a few bugs to work out.

*This post would have not been approved on new forums
If they cancelled it I would be embarrassed by my end of forum posts.
This seems like the same forum to me.