New forums been cancelled ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
11/13/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Empathetic
11/13/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Tovi
I’m holding out on the slim hope they changed their mind.

Why? I guess you don't want to lose the post count?

I don’t like the Redit layout. That’s why I’ve never created an account there.
too hard when all of the top tier devs at blizzard are working on mobile games... obviously WoW has the bottom of the barrel interns leading the dev team now
the changes weren't canceled, you just don't have a high enough forum rep to enable them yet
No, the changes is not cancelled. Every single Blizzard forum is changing to the new Discourse software. They started with OW in Feb, HotS this summer, HS was scheduled for Oct but got delayed. WoW seems to be delayed given they pulled down the announcement.

Ah-ha! One last chance for me to say something controversial before I get put on the distrust list!

Eggplant.
Maybe cracking down on all the forum rebels who made racey last day doomsday posts before wiping them.

*sweats*
11/13/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Mistblossom
Maybe cracking down on all the forum rebels who made racey last day doomsday posts before wiping them.

*sweats*

I'm scared I don't want them to take my Pineapples away :(
Maybe the new forums will be released Soon™, just like the new Worgen and Goblin models were to be released Soon™ since 6 years ago.
11/13/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Mistblossom

*sweats*

The original notice said they were moving the last two weeks of topics to the new forum format. So those Doomsday posts would still be there.
Hopefully this delay means they'll be changing some of the things so they don't operate the same as the OW ones.
11/13/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Clasmenethil
I hope so mabey they realized its not needed and that these fourms are indeed superior.

If not today then this week. In any case let's savor the moment before they switch the forums.
Not all players were invited to the nirvanna of the new forums. Sorry if you were one of the ones left behind.

;-)
Suspect the company is going silent to avoid more fan backlash. I expect the migration to continue once the stock price settles down.
Another fine example of improved communication? Honestly it's been a week since anything other than the weekly events was posted here in GD -- and that last post was just their "correction" about KT mages and Z.Warlocks.

MVPs, use your mind-meld techniques and get some quasi-official news on the forum migration?! Even if only to admit that they jumped the gun on their "Breaking News" announcement and that's why it mysteriously disappeared.
Maybe i can get to 30k after all :)
Blizzard commitment to time gating is so strong they use it themselves!

Now if we can only get them to use RNG for their paychecks.
Considering the top post is a post about the first amendment dribbling in the OP's political Bias' I'd say the new forums aren't up yet.
Is there a post somewhere stating the delay time? I mean just so we can know what's up.
Hopefully it stays away... These forums look so much better and are way more readable.
11/13/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Macällän
Very disappointing hopefully it's just a short delay.
Said no one ever.
Hopefully technical difficulties = 'hey the overwatch forum setup blows, so.....'