New forums been cancelled ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
11/13/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Horathol
Can someone please tell me what these ‘new forums’ are and where they’ve been mentioned? Why are we getting new forums?

There was a front page announcement over the weekend announcing the new forum software update for the WoW forums (currently in place on Overwatch forums). There was much fear and uncertainty and the declaration the world was ending.

The announcement has since disappeared and nothing's changed.

Stay tuned.
11/13/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Crepe
11/13/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Raiyyn
delayed™

I know what "soon" means. I wrote it.

I have no definition for "delayed."

I shall work on this.

"Delayed" was trademarked by the WoW Forum Poster Flight for Gold and Anti-Pathfinder Brigade.

"Delayed™" Definition: (1) Not postponed in any way, but not available when I want it; (2) Postponed because the news caused so much unrest in the forums that boulders move allowing all of the chickens out to scream for their lives; (3) Not actually postponed, or possibly postponed due to technical issues, but talk regarding is removed or kept to a minimum to keep the sky from falling.
It's dumb to put up a post saying "New forums are coming 11/13" which causes everyone on the forums talk about it, say their goodbyes and all that, only to 404 the post and give no update on what's going on.
We have 3 blues. Where are they? Ion said they need to work on communication. Blizzcon is over so they have zero excuses.
Anyway, requesting clarification from Blizzard here. I want the new forums. Is this a delay with no ETA? Is it coming next Tuesday instead? The takedown of the announcement is kind of worrisome since that implies to me that it's not coming soon.
I've actually come to like the new HotS forums. They have many good features. It just takes awhile to learn how to use them properly.
11/13/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Sanshunter
We have 3 blues. Where are they? Ion said they need to work on communication. Blizzcon is over so they have zero excuses.

This is likely something that needs approval for discussion. Or they're working out communication details. Like "you moved it to when?" "what do we tell them?" "who's the sacrificial lamb?" "do I at least get overtime?" "I'll be on vacation for the next 9 days, you tell them."
11/13/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Crepe
"you moved it to when?"

Ythisens
"what do we tell them?"

Ythisens
"who's the sacrificial lamb?"

Ythisens
"do I at least get overtime?"

Ythisens
"I'll be on vacation for the next 9 days, you tell them."

Lore
11/13/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Saadet
The gnomes they hired rebelled and now the Blizzard staff is inside a bathroom trying to fend off waves of gnome assassins.

I want this raid NAO!!!
No, the changes is not cancelled.

How unfortunate.
If I remember reading the post, it was supposed to be done at 5PM pacific time, so still about two hours away, assuming it actually happens and nothing delayed it.

Otherwise I"ll default and say it will be here Soon™ Weeks not Months™
11/13/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Cindariel
11/13/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Macällän
Very disappointing hopefully it's just a short delay.
Said no one ever.

Says me. I can't wait for the new forums.
11/13/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Idun
11/13/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Lovefool

I AM THE MEME!

The Meme, The Cook, His Wife and Her Lover.

There is no meme.
11/13/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Jovix
The changes are being time gated.
Can someone please tell me what these ‘new forums’ are and where they’ve been mentioned? Why are we getting new forums?

Because are very outdated and we need them.
11/13/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Macällän

"Because people are telling the truth about the poo-filled dumpster fire that is BfA and must be silenced so we get one more good quarterly bonus."
They arent delayed, they are being time gated.

Hope the delays wont be too long.
11/13/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Damackabe
If I remember reading the post, it was supposed to be done at 5PM pacific time, so still about two hours away, assuming it actually happens and nothing delayed it.

Otherwise I"ll default and say it will be here Soon™ Weeks not Months™

Forums were supposed to go down at 8AM PT and be back up at 5PM PT.
11/13/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
11/13/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Macällän

"Because people are telling the truth about the poo-filled dumpster fire that is BfA and must be silenced so we get one more good quarterly bonus."

These forum changes were planned long before BfA came out... but nice try.