Disc pretty bubbles?

Priest
What happened to disc and their, in my opinion, pretty round bubbles when doing damage on enemies? I must not have played disc in a while or maybe this is new and I totally missed it but who remembers this amazing effect we used to have when our obsorb shields went up? :-(! I miss them.
I definitely remember these bubbles, but I do think that was before they introduced the atonement mechanic / built the spec around atonement. I wish disc had a little more visual flair, too.
I liked a lot of previous Disc bubble animations, like Spirit Shell and Clarity of Will. Luminous Barrier bubbles look cool. Too bad the utility itself is pretty limiting.

I do feel our aesthetics have been neutered since they removed most shields and gave all wings to Holy. I loved the Archangel / MoP legendary / glyph of angels wings.
11/13/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Gorgeous
What happened to disc and their, in my opinion, pretty round bubbles when doing damage on enemies? I must not have played disc in a while or maybe this is new and I totally missed it but who remembers this amazing effect we used to have when our obsorb shields went up? :-(! I miss them.

This was the Aegis animation (our mastery until end of MoP). It honestly was too OP so they removed it. I liked the animation though. It would be nice if atonement applied some sort of cool animation like that.

Also I miss archangel animation as well. We have that and DAA in PvP but I wish it was baseline in PvE too or a talent.
11/13/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Serenity
11/13/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Gorgeous

This was the Aegis animation (our mastery until end of MoP). It honestly was too OP so they removed it. I liked the animation though. It would be nice if atonement applied some sort of cool animation like that.

Also I miss archangel animation as well. We have that and DAA in PvP but I wish it was baseline in PvE too or a talent.

Yes!! Thank you! That was OP But so pretty....would play disc just for that again haha.