Raider.IO reactions show you what kind of parents people had.

General Discussion
Raider.io isn't inherently a bad thing, but it's often used far more strictly than it should be. I remember a thread someone made in which they legitimately complained that too many people were offended that their raider.io was being checked for an elite WQ group (not even a world boss, just a regular elite mob).

It's one thing to use it in M+ to find people you can feel assured will perform well. But it's another if you start pulling a Gearscore and we start seeing +2 groups that demand heroic Uldir or better to get in.
11/14/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Barelor
Raider.io isn't inherently a bad thing, but it's often used far more strictly than it should be. I remember a thread someone made in which they legitimately complained that too many people were offended that their raider.io was being checked for an elite WQ group (not even a world boss, just a regular elite mob).

It's one thing to use it in M+ to find people you can feel assured will perform well. But it's another if you start pulling a Gearscore and we start seeing +2 groups that demand heroic Uldir or better to get in.

Yeah, using it outside it's intended purpose is a *#%@ move for sure.

I don’t see the problem. If they can find those players for their runs that’s fine and it leaves a lot of players who don’t meet those requirements available for your runs.
Raider.io isn't inherently a bad thing, but it's often used far more strictly than it should be.

What's strict is a matter of opinion. If you think someone's too strict, there's nothing stopping you from making your own group and setting your own rules.

And I guarantee you that no matter how lax your requirements are, someone out there is gonna call you an elitist for setting the bar too high for them.
11/14/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Varb
11/13/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Hrumn
This is the kind of ugly garbage they should be handing out forum suspensions for.

The truth stings a little bit does it?

The OP making up lies about people he knows nothing about and their parents is somehow "truth" because you want it to be?
I think it's more the way people act when they turn someone down more than the fact that they turn someone down. It gets equated to "if a company was hiring" But if a company turned someone down I can't really see them going "lol ur werk history sucks I hope you mom gets cancer".

Imo it's no so much that people use it to determine who to grab. It's the attitude they have about it and the way they treat people with a lower score.

But that kind of elitist jerk mentality is pretty common in the wannabe elite. The people who down one boss on mythic weeks after it's been cleared and act like they're amazing and did something remotely impressive. Which is pretty much the equivalent of doing a +10. Where the real elite are too busy running +20 or +21 to be a jerk to anyone applying for a pug +10. They don't need to act better than anyone, they let their spot on the board speak for itself.
Seriously just because some guy has a 1000 + IO Means
: he cant be drunk
cant have a headache
cant have the craps
cant be in a bad mood
all the reasons for a rage quit / exited wow.
11/13/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Arathian

what it doesn't show is whether you were in bad groups. you can be the top 1% of players but can still fail a key if the rest of the group sucks. that's why if someone is a mid-core and up player wanting to run m+, he/she should raise their io score by running with friends/guildies as the chances of progressing is much better than relying on pug groups.

Unless your friends and guildies suck, in which case you are better off pugging. Which is actually the issue for many people who are in bad guilds.
11/14/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Neghrar
I think it's more the way people act when they turn someone down more than the fact that they turn someone down.

As someone who has led groups before, when I turn people down I just hit the decline button and hope that's where it ends. People who whisper you afterwords "why did you turn me down?!" are the most annoying players WoW has to offer. When you are queueing sometimes the whispers of achieves clog up the chat channel and adding that to it is not going to make anyone happy who simply declined a pug for a group.

If someone were to whisper players individually after declining them just to be a jerk then that is pathetic and kind of funny lol.
11/14/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Fancypantsz
Raider.io isn't inherently a bad thing, but it's often used far more strictly than it should be.

What's strict is a matter of opinion. If you think someone's too strict, there's nothing stopping you from making your own group and setting your own rules.

And I guarantee you that no matter how lax your requirements are, someone out there is gonna call you an elitist for setting the bar too high for them.

If the group doesn't fill, the overly-demanding leader has basically just sat in time-out for whatever duration they wasted. Punishment already delivered, no need to call for mama Blizzard. If the group fills in a reasonable amount of time, then the requirements were fine.

A lot of people seem to believe - I even sort of believe - that experienced players have a responsibility to aid and teach new players. I just don't think that it necessarily follows that it's immoral for someone to set up a quick and easy run of content that, for them, is trivial, while excluding players who are just barely capable enough to struggle through it. Teaching runs can be great fun, sometimes. Just not every time.

A bad mismatch in player experience may not even be to the advantage of the newer player, either. A group that assumes everyone knows what to do is a lot less tolerant than a group that's just flailing around, learning a bunch of ways how not to kill bosses together. If getting declined for a group you think you shouldn't have feels toxic, you're in for a real treat when you get accepted to a group that you shouldn't have.

The OP making up lies about people he knows nothing about and their parents is somehow "truth" because you want it to be?

Lies implies that the OP is wrong when there is a very good chance he is correct. There is a huge difference in the parents who think that every child gets a trophy vs parents that instill responsibility into their children. Thinking that doesn't rub off on your children is ridiculous. The OP's claims won't be 100% accurate but it's plain as day when you read a thread and people complain about raider.io, other group leaders, etc vs those who take responsibility to make their own way.

Let me guess, you're a mother who feels like it is her duty to defend these hypothetical bad parents because you think parenting is so hard?
11/14/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Varb
The OP's claims won't be 100% accurate but it's plain as day when you read a thread and people complain about raider.io, other group leaders, etc vs those who take responsibility to make their own way.
11/14/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Aewendil

Unless your friends and guildies suck, in which case you are better off pugging. Which is actually the issue for many people who are in bad guilds.
i didn't realize these people were being held at gunpoint to stay in a bad guild or not make additional friends who don't suck. i would argue that if they were truly friends, they would be supportive of each other. the skilled friend would help his/her noob friend(s) as much as possible; and, the noob friend(s) would not be offended if the skilled friend runs harder content with others while they're in training. 0o
11/14/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Varb

Lies implies that the OP is wrong when there is a very good chance he is correct. There is a huge difference in the parents who think that every child gets a trophy vs parents that instill responsibility into their children. Thinking that doesn't rub off on your children is ridiculous. The OP's claims won't be 100% accurate but it's plain as day when you read a thread and people complain about raider.io, other group leaders, etc vs those who take responsibility to make their own way.

Let me guess, you're a mother who feels like it is her duty to defend these hypothetical bad parents because you think parenting is so hard?

I see. You are just like him.

Hey, you and the OP both had moms who rewarded you for bullying kids who were smaller than you, didn't you? And you do the same thing with your own kids.

And you know, I'm probably right.

The truth stings, doesn't it?

The "waah, those other kids get a trophy and my johnny didn't, but at least he can beat that kid up". Right.

Actually, your whole claim is made-up. It's a lie based on a bizarre sense of entitlement you and your ilk revel in. You in fact know nothing whatever about child-rearing or psychology. But the fun part is that you think this makes you more of an expert than anyone who has ever studied it.

Fun fact.
Just think about it that way:

You apply to a +10 as a dps..

Guess what? 20 more others if not more are applying as well already..

So let me guess? If you made a group who would you pick? lets be 100% honest here?? pick random guys? and yolo? or look for the highest EXP guy? :D

Ty.
11/14/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Varb
11/13/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Hrumn
This is the kind of ugly garbage they should be handing out forum suspensions for.

The truth stings a little bit does it?

I could give a rip about raider.io itself beyond the way it has become overused for low keys -- the behavior that has spawned many recent complaints.

But associating someone's complaints about it with the "kind of parents people had" is ugly, and you know damned well that's what I'm referring to. At least you should. Normal people do.
Threads like these...."show you what kind of parents people had."
If you are judging your worth via a video game then you have nothing worth proving :)
Salty salt is salty! hahaha
11/14/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Fancypantsz

That's one thing. But I'm talking about a guy who was using it for WQs. It's one thing to be picky with stuff like M+ and raids, but it's another when you're doing content that only takes 2-3 people of any skill level and demanding high R.IO skills. I can promise you that a few hundred people managed to kill that enemy without anyone even going below 50% health before that group managed to get 2 people.