Fallout 76

Games, Gaming and Hardware
so I see the reviews are pretty terrible so far, I haven't read them yet. I was semi interested in the game. Was wondering if anyone here has played and if the bad reviews are just cosmetic fixes or the game is just that bad?
No, it's just bad.

It's Bethesda's Diablo mobile.

$5 For a blue pipboy. A lot of really sleezy microtransactions we're datamined already.

The game isn't about Fallout fans, it's about milking money out of people just like Fallout Shelter was.
Wrong forum. This area is for World of Warcraft. The section you are looking for is here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/2721885/
Imagine taking everything that made a Fallout game good.

And then removing it. And making a looter/shooter with a fallout theme.

On the Gamebryo engine.

With micro-transactions.

Why would anyone even think it had a chance to be good?

There's not even any human NPC's in the game to give you quests.
what bethesda did to fallout is a crime against humanity.
11/14/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Tymberlea
Wrong forum. This area is for World of Warcraft. The section you are looking for is here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/2721885/

Come on. Don't be one of those guys.
11/14/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Sy
Imagine taking everything that made a Fallout game good.

And then removing it. And making a looter/shooter with a fallout theme.

On the Gamebryo engine.

With micro-transactions.

Why would anyone even think it had a chance to be good?

There's not even any human NPC's in the game to give you quests.

Gamebryo needs to be taken behind the barn and shot. PUT THAT ENGINE OUT OF ITS MISERY BETHESDA PLEASE.
Is it actually that bad? They said at the E3 this year that if you wanted to play 76 as a traditional fallout game, that option is there..
11/14/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Oimâk
so I see the reviews are pretty terrible so far, I haven't read them yet. I was semi interested in the game. Was wondering if anyone here has played and if the bad reviews are just cosmetic fixes or the game is just that bad?

It's a Bethesda game. Give it ~6 months to get into a decently non-bugged state.
11/14/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Slimeseason
Is it actually that bad? They said at the E3 this year that if you wanted to play 76 as a traditional fallout game, that option is there..

Imagine playing Fallout 4 only without any NPCs and only doing repetitive kill/fetch quests.

That's what playing 76 solo is.
Hmm .. might have to wait a bit to see how it gets refined. Unfortunate.

Is the base building any good at least?
Does the game have a story? Reading through some of the reviews, it doesn't sound like it does.
11/14/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Kushner
Does the game have a story? Reading through some of the reviews, it doesn't sound like it does.

The reviews that aren't just word vomit seem to imply that the world feels empty. I think the goal was to have players drive everything, but that's not quite working out.
11/14/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Mvura

From my understanding, the only difference between it and FallOut 4's is that 76 has more options for where you can start building a base.

11/14/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Kushner

"Good morning [insert name here]! It's been [25 years] since the bombs dropped. So naturally, the radiation levels are safe for humans to go out. Have fun!"
11/14/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Mvura

Did you play FO4? Because FO76 is literally a repacked FO4.

It's the same, but with more bugs.
11/14/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Ayaani
11/14/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Slimeseason

Imagine playing Fallout 4 only without any NPCs and only doing repetitive kill/fetch quests.

So there’s no storyline? And here I thought I’d be able to tackle Fallout 4 quests with 3 buddies...
11/14/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Slimeseason

So there’s no storyline? And here I thought I’d be able to tackle Fallout 4 quests with 3 buddies...

Nope. FO76 is just a vehicle for microtransactions.
I haven’t heard very good things. But I’ve never been in favor of it and would have liked another traditional Fallout game. So I’m bias I’m sure.

The good things I have heard give me a very Sea of Thieves vibe. That it is fun to get a group of players together and do stuff with them. Because playing games with friends is fun. But outside of that, the game feels empty. Atleast until more gets added.

And of course even though it isn’t suppose to support mods yet, people are already modding it, because the game is basically a fallout4 mod itself. So who knows what fun that will lead to.
11/14/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Slimeseason

Most of the quests in the game are go here, kill this, come back, etc. There's no actual living NPC characters in the game that you talk to or anything, and there are certainly no grand quest lines from the previous games.

It might be fun to screw around in with a few friends, but if you're hoping for a story, you're going to be disappointed.

It's sad, all they needed to do was add a co-op mode or something to Fallout, and not this MMO nonsense.
11/14/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Lathander
Did you play FO4? Because FO76 is literally a repacked FO4.

It's the same, but with more bugs.

Fo4 is also very similar to Fo3, though I'd rate Fo3 higher.

The point being that bethesda has still yet to make a fallout game true to what fallout used to be.

The most recent fallout game true to it is new vegas, specifically its addons(aside from honest hearts.) Dead money, Old world blues, and Lonesome road really hit the spot on the feel and atmosphere of what fallout should be. Perhaps even more than the base new vegas storylines themselves.