Alliance get 30% xp buff

General Discussion
This an april fools joke?
11/14/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Specular
Babby fail faction too scared to turn on Warmode so blizzard had to ridiculously buff it for them

Lawl!!

Just wait till Kul Tirans come around, they'll belly flop you into oblivion!
You Alliance players are not prepared!
11/14/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Edwaylin
As of 8.1, alliance is getting a 30% xp buf!

Thanks blizzard!!

Still not turning war mode on

Their is not a bribe big enough to get me to do trhat
11/14/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Specular
Babby fail faction too scared to turn on Warmode so blizzard had to ridiculously buff it for them

Lawl!!

You should try growing a pair and play Alliance. Or is "babby" too scared to not have a numbers advantage?
So glad that all of that development money was spent designing this huge new WPvP system that less than 50% of the playerbase bothers with (the vast majority of which probably only have it turned on for the free bonus).

I think I know what happened to tier sets. And probably an entire raid tier.
11/14/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Withpuppys
its them trying to get alliance players to engage in warmode again, a bit worthless if you are already cap level

Yep.

And its not really helpful in levelling either. on honorable, turtle and champion cache days drustvar belongs to the horde.

Here is why: it has the best layout, imo, for a quick 4 Wq pass for cache if rng favors you. I spam this with 2 horde chars. And I am not alone. Horde flood these. I use throw glaive a lot. To get that one shot on that elemental (kill elemental suck up azurite WQ for champions) before 10 peeps drop them fast lol.

These caches up, alliance, warmode, drustvar is a bad idea.....So is the western coast of storm wake...can get 2-3 Wq's there easy and sleazy.
If they are getting a 30% warmode buff than I’m just going to gank even more. No mercy. not my fault no one yes warmode I n alliance. To make up for the huge xp difference in warmode they gotta die more. It’s bs that they get to level alts faster.
People and blizzard are foolish. The majority of players who have wm off will still keep it off.

No incentive will change reality.
that would be funny to have a lowbie based in saaay Legion Dalaran and spam dungeons all day...with warmode on
I'm shocked, shocked I say, that WoW would begin to succumb to the same spiral of escalating participation rewards that has befallen every other MMO with an open-world PvP environment.
I really didn't think that OP's initial play was that good, but I can't argue with the results. 9/10 gr8 b8 m8

Thanks blizzard!!

30 Xp buff to wwhat?
Well... The imbalance has always been there though.

Is not something new, that's why your Q's on the Alliance for PvP are always short and for Horde usually is 6 min+.

They should really work on on how to balance it and not band aids...
Currently on the PTR. Can confirm this is true.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiq_G6NWpomC4Dn4Kvu4BIeiQVGa
Brown bear don't care. Still not doing War mode as long as sharding is a thing. Shows just how out of touch these devs are when they think that a lot of alliance turn war mode off because of the exp buff. You really think anyone actually gave a crap about that piddly 10% exp buff? Nope. Not at all. I'm starting to doubt that these devs even play their own game.

Thanks blizzard!!
That buff won't make me turn on WM on.
Blizzard honestly needs to get a clue.

100% XP buff is worthless at cap, which is when war mode truly matters.

I have been saying since the beginning that XP is a useless reward for war mode given how short lived it is.

Even with no clue about zones, routes, quests, etc. .... the average 110-120 experience is < 10 hours. From then on its 120 the rest of the time....so xp is useless.

Grant extra rep, extra honor, extra war resources, extra herbs/mines, extra anything that doesn't immediately become useless at cap.

Best case - this will motivate some folks to try war mode only while they level. Giving the "illusion" of more people. Until those folks give up when they get wrecked by a capped toon, or shut it off immediately upon reaching cap, because XP gains are useless then.
The alliance use to outnumber the horde and I never once heard a complaint.

And why wouldn't you have warmode on?
11/14/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Kelias
Well... The imbalance has always been there though.

Is not something new, that's why your Q's on the Alliance for PvP are always short and for Horde usually is 6 min+.

They should really work on on how to balance it and not band aids...
It could be worse.

My super high population PvP realm back in Vanilla?

Alliance Alterac Valley queues? 6-12 HOURS.

I used to leave mid-raid if my AV queue popped.