off topic but...

General Discussion
is it possible to quit your job via phone text without notice
It's possible to quit your job by just not showing up.

It's a coward thing to do though.

Back years ago I worked for Home Depot and the GM played favorites all the time. When I finally found a new job I walked into her office and said I've got another job and I quit. She asked so you're gonna leave me high and dry this weekend? I looked right at her and said yup.
11/15/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Ryzelol

Sure but why do you want to be a coward?
11/15/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Ryuk
She asked so you're gonna leave me high and dry this weekend? I looked right at her and said yup.
Very diplomatic of you. I would not have been able to show such restraint .....

"Yup, just like you've done to me ever since I came to work here."
11/15/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Enkki
11/15/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Ryuk
She asked so you're gonna leave me high and dry this weekend? I looked right at her and said yup.
Very diplomatic of you. I would not have been able to show such restraint .....

"Yup, just like you've done to me ever since I came to work here."

And then everyone would clap.
It's possible to ditch your partner by simply ghosting on them too, but it's completely gutless. I hate people that do that.

Unless the ex beat you up and gave you a black eye or something like that, that's different.
Can we change that to "applaud"? lol
11/15/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Enkki
Can we change that to "applaud"? lol

No. I have the best mental image now.
You can in all technicality do whatever you want. My advice, though.. don't do it like that. Give them a 2 week notice and leave on good terms. Future employers can and likely will be calling your soon to be previous employer before hiring you.

Why would someone risk the chance of hiring someone who will potentially just drop and go?
Geeze. Just give two weeks notice. It's not hard.
Not only is it an idiot move, but you'll never be able to use them as a reference for future jobs
Yeah it will effect future jobs for you though. Human resource department tend to look heavy into people backgrounds. While most boss can not say a lot. This is one of them they can and do report. Even its a 5/10 work place. It amounts to a black check in your book.

No, it is not possible. Your phone will detect what you are trying to do and block the message from going out. Sorry mate, these smartphones are getting crazy with what they can do.
11/15/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Moatokni
Yeah it will effect future jobs for you though. Human resource department tend to look heavy into people backgrounds. While most boss can not say a lot. This is one of them they can and do report. Even its a 5/10 work place. It amounts to a black check in your book.

"effect" and "affect" are different words with different meanings.
Eh I say do what ya want. Is it the preferred method to go about quitting? No not at all.

Now the real way you want to go is if you have a real #@##@*## of a manager, put a fish in the back of one of their desk drawers and just know that after a while it'll smell god awful in there and for a while they wont be able to figure out what it is or where the smell is coming from

If quitting from a far, Ya call and also send a text message with read/receipt just in case because if you dont quit prior 2 weeks supervisor might have mixed intentions and claim it as "no show, no call *firing"

Doing something like this is an indication of your character, or lack of. This may hurt your employer briefly, but the mental damage it does to you could be irreversible. Even for you to entertain doing this type of act is an indication of how you view your responsibility to your fellow man.

If I were you, I would write a very nice letter stating that although it has been a pleasure working for this person in the past your situation has changed and it is time to move on. You could also say, that although you will give two weeks notice if they could find it in their hearts to let you leave now you would be forever grateful.

Then take the letter and hand it to your employer. Its time to step up and be a responsible adult.
The WoW General forums.

Where people go for stock tips, relationship advice, and career counseling.

We shall miss you.
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free...
Sure but then you can't use them as a reference for your next job, which is bad.