M+ Timer is extremely frustrating for pugs.

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 22 Next
There are plenty of groups that ignore the timer and just go for completion.
Just ignore the timer if you don't like it, you still get a reward for completing the dungeon.

Honestly this is blown completely out of proportion. And the fact so many people have up-voted it is worrying.
10/08/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Dahhaka
10/08/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Velexy
Go play diablo.
Mythic+ literally ruined WoW. The level of elitism and toxicity are higher than they've ever been.

I'm sure you'll love this game with no one but you left in it.

Did you start playing a week ago or do you play with your eyes closed? Elitism has been in the game since Vanilla and was worse back then because the barriers of entry were much higher.
"Elitist" is one of those terms that gets tossed around by players who aren't accepted into other peoples' groups (for whatever reason). One thing hasn't changed since vanilla: you can apply to groups that are already quite accomplished and hope they let you in, or you can make friends and form your own groups. That second course might mean you don't clear the same content as quickly, but you will progress as fast as you and your friends can manage, and the only elitism/toxicity you'll deal with is what you and your friends bring to your group.

That's all we did. Five of us found each other pugging M+, enjoyed each other's company, and started running together regularly. We won't ever be in the MDI, but we have definitely made progress since we first started running together. Earned our Keystone Master together, pushed our first 18-19-20s together (never got any higher than that), started over again together in BfA. It's not so hard. Just make some friends and have fun with it. It's just a game.
10/08/2018 02:14 AMPosted by Kolee
10/08/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Dahhaka
Did you start playing a week ago or do you play with your eyes closed? Elitism has been in the game since Vanilla and was worse back then because the barriers of entry were much higher.
"Elitist" is one of those terms that gets tossed around by players who aren't accepted into other peoples' groups (for whatever reason). One thing hasn't changed since vanilla: you can apply to groups that are already quite accomplished and hope they let you in, or you can make friends and form your own groups. That second course might mean you don't clear the same content as quickly, but you will progress as fast as you and your friends can manage, and the only elitism/toxicity you'll deal with is what you and your friends bring to your group.

That's all we did. Five of us found each other pugging M+, enjoyed each other's company, and started running together regularly. We won't ever be in the MDI, but we have definitely made progress since we first started running together. Earned our Keystone Master together, pushed our first 18-19-20s together (never got any higher than that), started over again together in BfA. It's not so hard. Just make some friends and have fun with it. It's just a game.

You couldn’t really do that in vanilla if you lacked the proper attunements, the rest I agree with.
10/08/2018 01:44 AMPosted by Nekrophage
I think they should change it to be a maximum amount of deaths and require 1tank 1 healer and 3 dps to start.

Great idea! This means you will have a monk tank in every group who can reset any boss if anyone is going to die and you will have DPS/healer who have spammable CC or the ability to hard CC more than 1 mob at once. This unfortunately means that as a DK you will not be invited to anything.

10/08/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Velexy
Go play diablo.
Mythic+ literally ruined WoW. The level of elitism and toxicity are higher than they've ever been.

I'm sure you'll love this game with no one but you left in it.

Please explain how you think M+ is driving people away from the game? :)
10/07/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Verbatim
HahahahhahaHA you think you are applying pressure to the dev team by not doing M+ ahhhahhhhaHAha you're such a rebel!! LOL

Says the sheep :), keep supporting that rng though .
Maybe one day you will get some self control to quit your dophamine rush parade but that's your personal problem nothing related to m+timers.

They already take into account that there are players who are not enough to do M+ when they added it to the game. You are not changing anything.

Like flying?? like lfd Nbg shift from PL?? of course on my own i am not enough. Blizzard assumptions are not always right , you should know that by now with your QQ's about azerite gear and stuff lmao.
10/08/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Beps
Honestly this is blown completely out of proportion. And the fact so many people have up-voted it is worrying.

Eventually.... :)
I agree with you OP.

But if they got rid of the timer in M+

How are you going to make a "Challenge"? people can take breaks and take their time to think about how are they going to pull etc.

And as far as I can tell, there is enough complains about the Affixes - If you are asking to make it harder by adding more mechanics.. that's just bad and will kill the point of Mythic+
10/08/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Edisbelee
And as far as I can tell, there is enough complains about the Affixes

The general complain of affixes are ppl who want to beat the timer but can't because the affixes stops them by causing deaths , delays dps etc.

With no timer that complain will just die off with only requiring to complete the dungeon as being the only goal.
10/05/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Kirvin
10/05/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Ayase
I can be the best healer in mythic + and if I'm not having fun because of the timer then there is no point in doing it.
Anywho, other people seem to enjoy it so there is that. I'm just one of many opinions. XD
Why would the timer make you not have fun. Are you perchance making mistakes that cost you time? Maybe you should improve your gameplay.

And I guess some people might say they don't like the fact that you have to play for 30min straight. Well look at any MOBA or Battle Royale game where you have to continuously play optimally for 30+ min straight and tons of people play those.

Oh yeah and of course you're an alt poster too.

It's funny that everyone who complains about this stuff is a casual/bad player (not who high M+ is aimed at) or an alt.

That would be none of your business. If someone isn't having fun, they are not having fun. Period.

Your responses are useless.
10/08/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Beps
There are plenty of groups that ignore the timer and just go for completion.
Just ignore the timer if you don't like it, you still get a reward for completing the dungeon.

I would imagine that many up votes is because players agree. It could be Russian bots as well.
Just get rid of the timer and award 2 loot at end. Also don't allow composition with more than 1 tank or healer as a hard restriction.
I'm pretty sure there was toxicity in the game way before M+ dungeons. Have you ever tried healing a leveling dungeon? You can't blame those for that. Also, nothing in this game is required content. The communication hasn't been there either in any dungeon for awhile BUT some of us won't run M+ without discord. You DO have to communicate and cc etc. It DOES scale in difficulty with the key. The point of the whole thing is the challenge and part of that challenge is completing it in time.

I dont like pvp but I don't go trying to run rated bg's then come to the forum and complain how I was focused down as the healer.
10/08/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Thundris
Just get rid of the timer and award 2 loot at end. Also don't allow composition with more than 1 tank or healer as a hard restriction.

Or you know...make sure every boss has an enrage timer to encourage proper amounts of DPS are in the group....
It would be nice if Mythic + scored more on execution then speed. Keep track of how many dangerous abilities your party interrupted, how much avoidable damage you avoided etc, things like that.

10/05/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Samitu
I think it would be neat for the game to just count time spent in combat / doing the dungeons challenges (like finding the imposter in court of stars) and used that to gauge instead of a ticking timer. This allows you to take a quick break before a boss to type out or explain a thing, allows people to go repair or buy another flask if they need, but still has that "gotta go fast" mentality once combat starts. If someone dies, the penalty is that pull takes longer to kill, adding to the combat timer.

This along with execution on how you deal with certain pulls could be an interesting challenge.

We could even have two modes of mythic +... the speedrun like we have currently, and then the one that scores more for execution as I was mentioning above which only times you in combat as part of the execution scoring. This type you'd need to score enough points to upgrade the key and the other would need to beat the timer. It could give us two different types of keys. Variety is nice, right?
Maybe they can add a pause button that freezes the entire instance, so you have ample time to communicate/strategize, bio, relog, or whatever.
10/08/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Wariya
HahahahhahaHA you think you are applying pressure to the dev team by not doing M+ ahhhahhhhaHAha you're such a rebel!! LOL

Says the sheep :), keep supporting that rng though .
Maybe one day you will get some self control to quit your dophamine rush parade but that's your personal problem nothing related to m+timers.

They already take into account that there are players who are not enough to do M+ when they added it to the game. You are not changing anything.

Like flying?? like lfd Nbg shift from PL?? of course on my own i am not enough. Blizzard assumptions are not always right , you should know that by now with your QQ's about azerite gear and stuff lmao.

Wait, you think I have no self control and I'm a sheep because I like doing M+ but you are a rebel who is applying pressure to blizzard by not doing M+? You're about as smart as a banana.

I actually made a typo. I meant to say they already account for people who aren't good enough to do M+ when they release it so that same % of people not doing it doesn't apply pressure to anyone or make you look independent at all. But yeah, I know you're going to keep living in denial and with delusions that you are a badass. Us "sheep" who are doing the activities we enjoy will keep doing it while you, who is obviously not a "sheep" will do the activities you enjoy. You think you're special. It's cute.

p.s. do you realize how cringey all of your posts are?
10/08/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Verbatim
Wait, you think I have no self control and I'm a sheep because I like doing M+ but you are a rebel who is applying pressure to blizzard by not doing M+? You're about as smart as a banana.

Nope that's not what i said kinda pointless iterating the rest as you got the reasons all wrong lmao. But keep chasing that carrot you like chasing though.

Nope that's not what i said kinda pointless iterating the rest as you got the reasons all wrong lmao. But keep chasing that carrot you like chasing though.

Whatever you say sheep who chases the RNG carrots of WQ, normal raid gear, world bosses, warfronts, etc. Stop supporting the RNG you sheep. Here let me translate that English into something you can comprehend -> Baaaa baaaaa

This is going to go way over your head and you won't even understand why your previous posts in this thread make you look bad. It's the definition of irony.
Timed events have been a thing in WoW pretty much forever.

45 min Baron run anybody? ZG Bear runs?

In truth though, I do kind of agree with the OP and others that suggested scaling higher and judging success by number of deaths or some other metric. "GO GO GO" isn't always fun for everyone. Some of the most fun I've had in WoW recently was doing week 1 10s (yeah, bugged keys left over from Legion but) with everyone grossly undergeared. It took two hours, but we knew it was going to be brutal and just kept trying. That 2h15m King's Rest 11 with everyone in 330-340ish gear was super fun and the exhilaration when the last boss went down can't be duplicated by 365+'s running on a timer.
10/08/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Verbatim
Whatever you say sheep who chases the RNG carrots of WQ, normal raid gear, world bosses, warfronts, etc. Stop supporting the RNG you sheep.

I don't do WQ anymore , its boring :)

I did normal raid just to check the content out why wait 2 months for lfr to release, when you can do it in under 3 hours in a day. i liked it and i did it couple more times.

World bosses are bad nothing like previous expansions hoping the next few would be better

Warfronts seems interesting would have been a great single player experience with no caps.

Never did it for the rewards , so yeah i don't support excessive rng :)

10/08/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Verbatim
This is going to go way over your head and you won't even understand why your previous posts in this thread make you look bad.

Must be talking about yourself. You have a complete different picture of me in your head as you didn't understand anything i said or meant lol