Maiev dropping the mic on Wrynn

Story Forum
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
10/08/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Nagulbajj
When did Tyrande become "Queen"?

Is this a new honorary after turning into the Night Warrior?

Maybe they mean it in the "YAAAASSSS QUEEN SLAY!" way?

*shrug*
10/08/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Jokiro
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/429476017653153802/498930357345976331/4b2d9d3020f063cd.png?width=299&height=473

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/Qf9lyGcemHz6crg4CsO2DrEnmLmfmstdk1CvtTKlEVY/https/i.gyazo.com/ef91820cb67689599c43ee5bfcdb4b31.png?width=321&height=473

The absolute LEGEND strikes again. Is this the start of the rest of Alliance questioning Stormwind's leadership? Only time will tell.

Cringey
Everyone applaud as the Night Elves blunder into the trap Sylvanas intended the assault on Teldrasil to accomplish: Dividing the Alliance.

The Alliance is winning. The war. On all fronts. And The Night Elves want to divert valuable forces to play catch up in Darkshore. They understand that when we win the war, they'll get their home back?
10/08/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Withpuppys
thats just to get the troops riled up, but otherwise the goal was explicitly stated to capture or kill sylvanas

No, the explicit goal stated to the player is "reclaim what is rightfully ours." That's literally the first thing Anduin says to the player, "Champion, the time has come to reclaim what is rightfully ours."
10/08/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Araiel
My problem with this is that it makes the night elves seem like they're pursuing this out of emotional interests instead of strategic interests.

why not? any alliance character who enters in vengeance mode is a character that i like more.
don't give a damn about anything else but revenge, they only want blood, i can respect that and i would gladly help.

10/08/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Araiel
Instead, they make her go there for vengeance. It seems way too forced. My money is that Blizzard wants to make Sylvanas seem smart again by making the Alliance stupid and incompetent once again

i don't really see that way, tyrande attacking the horde in other front will force the horde to divide their efforts.
just with tyrande,malfurion, and maiev with guerrilla tactics causing a mess in all of darkshore is another problem that they have to deal with.
10/08/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Tulek
The Alliance is winning. The war. On all fronts. And The Night Elves want to divert valuable forces to play catch up in Darkshore. They understand that when we win the war, they'll get their home back?

at this moment the alliance isn't winning anything, the raid still hasn't occurred so we are actually losing.

Not if it's a blight infested cesspit crawling with scourged night elves.
Everyone applaud as the Night Elves blunder into the trap Sylvanas intended the assault on Teldrasil to accomplish: Dividing the Alliance.

And ironically, everyone is cheering on Tyrande telling Anduin to get snubbed, kinda missing that this is the sorta outcome that Sylvanas was hoping for, even if it transpired differently than what she had intended.

I think that some people really put their hatred of characters ahead of rationality at times.
10/08/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Rothiron

I think that some people really put their hatred of characters ahead of rationality at times.

Because "winning" the war is irrelevant. We already know it's just going to amount to a stalemate.

Having Anduin being told off and Tyrande doing her own thing is good for the story. Now we just need to see it through and not have Tyrande backhanded back into subservience to Anduin.
10/08/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Verodica
That moment when Sylvanas committed the one ultimate act of good, causing real division in the Alliance and shattering the human empire meme forever.

Character redeemed.

Funnies aside, why is Maiev calling Tyrande a queen?

I doubt it's meant in terms of respect or endearment. Maiev has always hated her guts, and at least one occasion, tried to get Malfurion to give her up for dead.
10/08/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Nightlighter
Also they Night elves don't need more reasons to go back to Darkshore and fight.
They are already there holding what little is left. Darkshora and Ashenvale have been their ancestral home for millenia so it is more than expected for them to go to war over it.
When is it ok for them to go back? When our Human allies finish up all items on their check list? Because If NE have to wait until alliance get back Arathi, Lordaeron, push towards Silvermoon, siege Zuldazar well then let me tell you that there won't be a need to go weage war at Kalimdor because there wont be any forest left.

Just look how the orcs alone destroy eastern Ashenvale. Imagine what damage can do the combined forces of Forsaken + Goblins.

If NE want their lands back they need to do it now. Just look what Goblins did to Darkshore. They are going to defile everything and oh I bet they wont just stop there. They would probably go up and up until they destroy Hyjal itself and by then there won't be anyone to oppose them.

When it's strategically advantageous. There's an entire war going on, and doing things out of pure emotion instead of strategy is a mistake. I think that there are strategical reasons for going to Darkshore, but Blizzard ignores them all and instead makes it seem as if Tyrande's going there for vengeance.
10/08/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Lena

Not if it's a blight infested cesspit crawling with scourged night elves.

Of course risking Sylvanas finally get the fleet she needs to finish whatever diabolical plan she has is a great move.

On another part of the topic. Maiev I think is just ill informed. I mean even Broll once called Tyrande my queen or something like that. I think to the general night elf people they look up to Tyrande as sort of a queen even if they never use that title.
10/08/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Zerde
Of course risking Sylvanas finally get the fleet she needs to finish whatever diabolical plan she has is a great move.

Zuldazar is not the only place the Alliance is fighting. Stop acting like it is.
10/08/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Lena

Zuldazar is not the only place the Alliance is fighting. Stop acting like it is.

And yet it was one of the place specifically mentioned by Anduin as to why he couldnt send troops then and their.
why not? any alliance character who enters in vengeance mode is a character that i like more.
don't give a damn about anything else but revenge, they only want blood, i can respect that and i would gladly help.

Because Tyrande is supposed to be smart and a leader. I don't have a problem with people having emotional reasons for doing things, but don't write a character as being smart and a strategist/tactician and then make them do something contrary to that.

i don't really see that way, tyrande attacking the horde in other front will force the horde to divide their efforts.
just with tyrande,malfurion, and maiev with guerrilla tactics causing a mess in all of darkshore is another problem that they have to deal with.

Maybe, but again, Blizzard isn't portraying this. My position has been that Blizzard could've made it so that Tyrande went there for strategic reasons as well as emotional, instead of opting solely for the latter. It's a ham-fisted attempt at causing the Alliance to fight amongst each other instead of having these things develop naturally and in a manner consistent to the character.
10/08/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Zerde

And yet it was one of the place specifically mentioned by Anduin as to why he couldnt send troops then and their.

Yes, ONE of the places, which means there are other places to pull troops from.

In fairness to the Zerde, it's probably the most important thing at the moment. Navies win wars. Destroying the entire Zandalari fleet basically means the Alliance wins. Obviously the story plays out differently and both factions are going to survive, but characters in the story don't have our mindset.
10/08/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Lena
10/08/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Zerde

Yes, ONE of the places, which means there are other places to pull troops from.

So far the fighting has concentrated on Arathi and Zandalar. Even if he did have the troops, the problem is(as mentioned in Elegy) is he did not have a fleet capable of ferrying them to Kalimdor/all his ships were going to be used in the assault.
10/08/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Zerde
So far the fighting has concentrated on Arathi and Zandalar. Even if he did have the troops, the problem is(as mentioned in Elegy) is he did not have a fleet capable of ferrying them to Kalimdor/all his ships were going to be used in the assault.

Alleria can teleport armies with a bunch of machinery. The Horde managed to teleport a whole army of orcs from another universe. Horde also apparently managed to teleport out all of the civilians of Undercity.

The only reason navies are important is because Blizzard says they are and not because they actually are.
The hamfisted storyline behind Sylvanas burning the world tree was to drive the Alliance apart. This just looks like more hamfisting, right here.

Both sides were supposed to be low on naval ships after the Legion, which is supposedly part of the reason why Sylvanas attacked Teldrasil in the first place. And it's also why we went to Kul'Tiras to get more ships.

Suddenly, all the night elves and Genn Greymane have forgotten this fact. And now this clunky, bumbling story wants us to believe they are all turning against Anduin in the middle of a war.
In fairness to the Zerde, it's probably the most important thing at the moment. Navies win wars. Destroying the entire Zandalari fleet basically means the Alliance wins. Obviously the story plays out differently and both factions are going to survive, but characters in the story don't have our mindset.

But Night Elves lose.
Their land becomes uninhabitable, destroyed by goblins and blighted by undead