Maiev dropping the mic on Wrynn

Story Forum
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next
10/08/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Araiel
Because Tyrande is supposed to be smart and a leader. I don't have a problem with people having emotional reasons for doing things, but don't write a character as being smart and a strategist/tactician and then make them do something contrary to that.

Why wouldnt it be smart to unleash war upon Darkshore invaders? It hasnt been long since the Burning of Teldrassil and already Goblins and Forsaken are destroying everything. If she keeps waiting there wont be a forest to fight over.
You can be happy Anduin is doing his thing but it accomplishes nothing for us.
Either we get back to Darkshore and start fighting for it or we just might as well just give up on it because again there wont be noghting left there for us to go back to.
10/08/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Lena
10/08/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Zerde
So far the fighting has concentrated on Arathi and Zandalar. Even if he did have the troops, the problem is(as mentioned in Elegy) is he did not have a fleet capable of ferrying them to Kalimdor/all his ships were going to be used in the assault.

Alleria can teleport armies with a bunch of machinery. The Horde managed to teleport a whole army of orcs from another universe. Horde also apparently managed to teleport out all of the civilians of Undercity.

The only reason navies are important is because Blizzard says they are and not because they actually are.

What? I'm not even talking about navies in terms of the WoW universe, I'm talking about in real life. A strong navy, until the Air Force was created, was the greatest thing a military could have. That's how you control trade/set up supply lines across continents. It's why the British empire was so successful.

10/08/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Ferlion
In fairness to the Zerde, it's probably the most important thing at the moment. Navies win wars. Destroying the entire Zandalari fleet basically means the Alliance wins. Obviously the story plays out differently and both factions are going to survive, but characters in the story don't have our mindset.

But Night Elves lose.
Their land becomes uninhabitable, destroyed by goblins and blighted by undead

Again, I agree that their are strategic reasons for going there. My problem has been that Blizzard doesn't mention it at all and instead portrays Tyrande as emotional and hot-headed by making her go there solely for vengeance.
10/08/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Nightlighter
10/08/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Araiel
Because Tyrande is supposed to be smart and a leader. I don't have a problem with people having emotional reasons for doing things, but don't write a character as being smart and a strategist/tactician and then make them do something contrary to that.

Why wouldnt it be smart to unleash war upon Darkshore invaders? It hasnt been long since the Burning of Teldrassil and already Goblins and Forsaken are destroying everything. If she keeps waiting there wont be a forest to fight over.
You can be happy Anduin is doing his thing but it accomplishes nothing for us.
Either we get back to Darkshore and start fighting for it or we just might as well just give up on it because again there wont be noghting left there for us to go back to.

Good god do I have to keep repeating myself? I said 5 times in this thread that there are strategical reasons to go there, but Blizzard has instead made it so that Tyrande is going there solely for personal vengeance instead of strategical reasons.
Maiev was always my favorite. Hot diggity dog she’s doing the lord’s work.
This convinces me Blizzard doesn't know their own lore lol.
10/08/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Rothiron
10/08/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Tulek
Everyone applaud as the Night Elves blunder into the trap Sylvanas intended the assault on Teldrasil to accomplish: Dividing the Alliance.

The Alliance is winning. The war. On all fronts. And The Night Elves want to divert valuable forces to play catch up in Darkshore. They understand that when we win the war, they'll get their home back?
And ironically, everyone is cheering on Tyrande telling Anduin to get snubbed, kinda missing that this is the sorta outcome that Sylvanas was hoping for, even if it transpired differently than what she had intended.

I think that some people really put their hatred of characters ahead of rationality at times.

it's almost as if blizzard is writing anduin to be right all along and tyrande and the night elves to be !@#$ing idiots like always
10/08/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Vildaryon
... And ironically, everyone is cheering on Tyrande telling Anduin to get snubbed, kinda missing that this is the sorta outcome that Sylvanas was hoping for, even if it transpired differently than what she had intended.

I think that some people really put their hatred of characters ahead of rationality at times.

it's almost as if blizzard is writing anduin to be right all along and tyrande and the night elves to be !@#$ing idiots like always
What a fist pump moment!
10/08/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Emeraude
This convinces me Blizzard doesn't know their own lore lol.

It has gotten far worse as of late. Didn't they have people on salary to pay attention to lore?
10/08/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Vildaryon
... And ironically, everyone is cheering on Tyrande telling Anduin to get snubbed, kinda missing that this is the sorta outcome that Sylvanas was hoping for, even if it transpired differently than what she had intended.

But he isnt right, and both darkshore and zalandar go without a hitch, so much so Shaws all like the alliance is going to win the war in a few weeks.
Has anyone considered that Tyrande being called queen isn't a mistake, but an intentional development of her character? She's snubbed Elune in order to gain more power for the sake of vengeance while unilaterally overriding her allies. It's safe to say she doesn't really care about the moral implications of being compared to Azshara anymore.
10/08/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Katiera
But he isnt right, and both darkshore and zalandar go without a hitch, so much so Shaws all like the alliance is going to win the war in a few weeks.

how long do you think that's going to last when sylvanas pulls out her latest hidden supervillain weapon and anduin will plead for unity and everyone will grovel and beg for forgiveness at his feet for being so self-centered as to want to defend their land.

i don't even hate anduin. i'm ambivalent. but i hate blizzard's way of writing him. it seems to me like golden wants to groom him to be a perfect, non-toxic, feminist son. completely inoffensive but sweet and right even if it's in round about ways, all without realizing that she's actually stunting his character growth and making him unlikable.
How is Maiev being short sighted and stupid a mic drop?
10/08/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Veloran
Has anyone considered that Tyrande being called queen isn't a mistake, but an intentional development of her character? She's snubbed Elune in order to gain more power for the sake of vengeance while unilaterally overriding her allies. It's safe to say she doesn't really care about the moral implications of being compared to Azshara anymore.

No, she denies being queen when Nathanos calls her that. I don't know why Maiev would.
10/08/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Vildaryon
10/08/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Katiera

how long do you think that's going to last when sylvanas pulls out her latest hidden supervillain weapon and anduin will plead for unity and everyone will grovel and beg for forgiveness at his feet for being so self-centered as to want to defend their land.

i don't even hate anduin. i'm ambivalent. but i hate blizzard's way of writing him. it seems to me like golden wants to groom him to be a perfect, non-toxic, feminist son. completely inoffensive but sweet and right even if it's in round about ways, all without realizing that she's actually stunting his character growth and making him unlikable.

if she does how does that make anduin right? He didn't say BETTER NOT DO THAT SYLVANAS HAS SOME WMDS hidden somewhere
10/08/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Katiera
if she does how does that make anduin right? He didn't say BETTER NOT DO THAT SYLVANAS HAS SOME WMDS hidden somewhere

how does it not make him right? when he pushed for unity behind his actions instead of going off and doing your own thing? you don't honestly believe that the alliance has the war wrapped up in the bag by the end of 8.1, do you?
10/08/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Lena
10/08/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Withpuppys
thats just to get the troops riled up, but otherwise the goal was explicitly stated to capture or kill sylvanas

No, the explicit goal stated to the player is "reclaim what is rightfully ours." That's literally the first thing Anduin says to the player, "Champion, the time has come to reclaim what is rightfully ours."
they also say "To secure our future, the Banshee Queen must answer for her crimes. Her dark reign ends today!"

also i find it telling that you never make a rebuttal about how the occupation of arathi benefits the majority of the alliance groups which are the high elves, void elves, gilneans, gnomes, dwarves of all 3 clans, and the stormwindians
As forbidden as it is to praise Blizzard on anything.

...I kind of think the very fact players are divided between the tactical soundness and emotional response to reclaim Ashenvale actually makes it good writing?
10/08/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Lena
No, she denies being queen when Nathanos calls her that.

I guess, but she doesn't do it at all for the reasons she previously did.
10/08/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Darethy

...I kind of think the very fact players are divided between the tactical soundness and emotional response to reclaim Ashenvale actually makes it good writing?

No I think that’s an unintended consequence of them trying to hamfist Alliance tension into the story and us just lapping it up because we are desperate and thirsty for anything.
10/08/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Darethy

no.

this is the laziest way for blizzard to claim their writing is any good. just because it elicits a negative response doesn't make it good.