Anti raider.io people are anti-experience/educatin

General Discussion
Prove me wrong.

being anti-raider.io is the same as being salty over not having the education or experience to get the job you want.

How dare people want a cardiologist with years of experience operating on them... anyone off the street should be picked up to do so.

Employers really need to stop checking education certificates, infact, the world should just shut them down!
People are turning into literal monogloids that rely on those certificates, and it ruins the job market!

Having relavant experience PROVES NOTHING and they could still be bad at their job. It is ruining the job market. That is is why nobody can get a decent job. “Need experience to get experience” = “need aotc to get aotc”

Just like raider.io experience running a dungeon at a given level doesn’t mean anything. All raider.io does is create a toxic environment and that’s why nobody without a +1500 score can’t get their weekly ten done.
It's a game.
Well, on a lot of servers raider I isn't even updating people's run records

So I wouldn't treat it like a degree
being against charter schools doesnt mean you are against education.
My only issue with these people is the entitlement they feel that group leads should thoroughly comb all of their achievements and gear selection as their basis for deciding to invite or not OR just decide to wing it and if the leads key gets wasted sucks to suck.

Aint nobody got time for that and I don't care about you to just randomly give you a shot in the hopes it works out

Convenience will always be king. I can scroll over your name and quickly get a number that instantly displays your cumulative experience and success rate in a snap. Good enough for me.
I think there’s a major difference between the two.

Raider.IO is a much more fair system really, because there are actually opportunities to learn and gain experience (low level keys).

Unlike a majority of jobs today where entry level positions require multiple years of experience.
There are some flaws to the system, like in everything, but people aren't abusing it at all, i see groups everyday asking for the equivalent io of the run, even lower, and raider.io for some people is a godsaver, at least being from ragnaros i get invited 24/7 now cause people check my io instead of my server and it's easier with the addon than checking my logs, wowprogress or w/e, its a git gud matter mostly.
False equivalence is false.
did you just compare something in a video game to being a cardiologist?

get over yourself

you are not anywhere near being a cardiologist unless you count having a heart attack over your diet of cheetos and mt dew
10/13/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Jaewalk
Prove me wrong.

Anti raider.io ppl are ppl who don't use it and practice not using it like dedicated groups.
Just like employment be your own boss or run your own business

You don't have to despise it to counter it, just bring the next best thing.

Carefull who you call names :P
10/13/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Talee

get over yourself

you are not anywhere near being a cardiologist unless you count having a heart attack over your diet of cheetos and mt dew

but wait, doesnt playing Cooking Mama put me on the same level as Gordon Ramsey?

On a side note, when people start treating a game like a full time job and thus treat other players like employees... thats when you lose the game and your sanity.
10/13/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Drako
It's a game.
It sure is.

And why do people think the fact that it's a game gives them the immediate right to be invited to every single group they apply to regardless of difficulty, group composition, or player experience?

What gives people the right to force me to play with people that I don't know, that have no experience, and that I'll never see again, just so they can waste my time as they try to learn something that everyone else in my group already knows?
10/13/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Talee

get over yourself

LMAO
10/13/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Murlocholmez

And why do people think the fact that it's a game gives them the immediate right to be invited to every single group they apply to regardless of difficulty, group composition, or player experience?

What gives people the right to force me to play with people that I don't know, that have no experience, and that I'll never see again, just so they can waste my time as they try to learn something that everyone else in my group already knows?

Quoted for truth, some people wanna finish their runs in time and not teach others, cause you know, they are already over the teaching/learning part, but people get offended by this and go "hurr durr why you no teach me bruh, have some patience with me" no thanks.
Imagine 3 years ago being told that in the future a 3rd party program that isn't even owned by Blizzard would determine if you have the chance to go to high level content or not. Crazy to think about.
A really poor argument with an intense need for spellchecker.

I don't blame people for hating raider.io or any other "player score" addon although I'll argue that it's a helpful tool give you a metric to make a snap judgment as opposed to using something like ilvl.

There can be an argument made for the idea that you shouldn't be opposed to a player getting experience and showing that to join a group for something difficult but when you can print out a fake diploma and have your friend sign it it doesn't mean you're a cardiologist.
The problem is, just like in the education example, many of the metrics used to gauge success are not relevant in the field.

For example, a written exam will not prepare you for lab work.
A +12 in time one week does not suggest success in another week, with an entirely different group and affixes.

The service RaiderIO provides does help pugging, but its incomplete and the score itself is irrelevant when comparing two equally experienced player.

People still act like the different between 900 and 1k score is enough to make a good decision off, but imo that means nothing if those keys aren't completed on the current week in the current dungeon you are doing.

I hope everyone will take this system with a grain of salt and realize that even though the scoring system can predict success to some level, for any real comparisons side by side it will never give you an adequate representation of what's important in the affix and dungeon you are about to pug.
I've not hit max level on my main for this expansion yet so I've not had the pleasure of experiencing this rating tool. What does this site base your rating on? Is it purely based on completion time for your group? If that is the case then the rating is almost entirely useless. Unless it rates an individual in some way I would never use gauge a players ability for M+.
This is the worst analogy ever