8.1 MM PvP

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
10/15/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Shadøw

So just like most every spec that is currently broken/underperforming on live. I'm sure there is no way to relate as an Elemental shaman. How could I ever understand...
Not sure but I wish you gl on your path.

In addition to this...

10/15/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Meadamemnon
Blizzard said they want DPS to fall under 2 of 3 categories:
Damage (with specified strength/weakness sub-categories)
Survivability
Mobility

You shouldn't take Blizzard philosophy to heart when they have a track record of contradicting themselves. Because I'm sure Rogue has all 3 of these.

Dude I'm an ELE shaman, I don't trust blizzard for anything. And you are right, rogue does have all 3 of these, which again goes back to my original post that this is worst class design since Vanilla.

Also, side note, you may want to learn understanding sarcasm during your reading comprehension classes.
10/15/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Meadamemnon
Also, side note, you may want to learn understanding sarcasm during your reading comprehension classes.
That was some !@#$ty sarcasm.

I'm good though.
10/15/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Shadøw
10/15/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Meadamemnon
That was some !@#$ty sarcasm.

I'm good though.

Your knowledge of classes that are underperforming and the issues with them is astounding.
You guys just need to be aware that your flaming each other back and forth only makes more and more feedback get lost. Sometimes it’s just better to let someone be wrong on the internet and move on.
Arguments aside, strengths and weaknesses of classes are on a sliding scale typical (not from blizzards POV but from players).

There’s Not just 3 archetypes in PvP.
You have:
Sustain damage
Burst damage
Constant Mitigation/Healing
Defensive CDs
Control
Utility
Mobility

Every class has some form of the above on what we might consider a sliding scale. There are classes currently that only excel in 1 area (DKs do damage, but not nearly enough to compensate weaknesses) and destro is high control and high burst, but once again not enough to compensate survivability issues.

Specs or classes should either have two-three niches or be jacks of all trades. This makes the meta enjoyable and comp variety high.

MM currently has one niche, burst damage. Everything else is middle of the road or under performing.

Now what we think MM should be is:
High Burst (aimed shot, rapid fire)
High sustain damage (arcane/steady)
Med-High Mobility (not as high as BM but more than it is currently)
Med control (scatter off trap DR, trap, knock backs)
Med defensive cooldowns (RoS, Sac Turtle)
Low Utility (MS and freedom from pet, RoSagain since we can use it on an ally)
Low mitigation/healing (we only have mail armor nothing else for sustained healing or mitigation)

MM is also the only ranged dps spec that has bad control and no stuns. That’s pretty bad design. Locks, spriest, balance, ele sham all have stuns or talent into them. Mages are the only caster that don’t have access to them given how stron their mobility and poly is with shimmer.
10/16/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Eddyv
Arguments aside, strengths and weaknesses of classes are on a sliding scale typical (not from blizzards POV but from players).

There’s Not just 3 archetypes in PvP.
You have:
Sustain damage
Burst damage
Constant Mitigation/Healing
Defensive CDs
Control
Utility
Mobility

Every class has some form of the above on what we might consider a sliding scale. There are classes currently that only excel in 1 area (DKs do damage, but not nearly enough to compensate weaknesses) and destro is high control and high burst, but once again not enough to compensate survivability issues.

Specs or classes should either have two-three niches or be jacks of all trades. This makes the meta enjoyable and comp variety high.

MM currently has one niche, burst damage. Everything else is middle of the road or under performing.

Now what we think MM should be is:
High Burst (aimed shot, rapid fire)
High sustain damage (arcane/steady)
Med-High Mobility (not as high as BM but more than it is currently)
Med control (scatter off trap DR, trap, knock backs)
Med defensive cooldowns (RoS, Sac Turtle)
Low Utility (MS and freedom from pet, RoSagain since we can use it on an ally)
Low mitigation/healing (we only have mail armor nothing else for sustained healing or mitigation)

MM is also the only ranged dps spec that has bad control and no stuns. That’s pretty bad design. Locks, spriest, balance, ele sham all have stuns or talent into them. Mages are the only caster that don’t have access to them given how stron their mobility and poly is with shimmer.

I agree with a lot of this. We have the mobility tools, but without control for setups, it’s kind of meaningless because we can’t do meaningful damage while taking advantage of mobility abilities. Imo adding the root talent for bursting shot is a good compromise. Having just that little bit of control would help you strike the balance between using mobility to live and using mobility to set up.

Basically without control, you are too one dimensional to be able to use any of your abilities in creative ways to make plays. Just that little bit of control with scatter off trap dr and a root added I think would open things up enough to make stuff work out better.
10/15/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Meadamemnon
Blizzard said they want DPS to fall under 2 of 3 categories:
Damage (with specified strength/weakness sub-categories)
Survivability
Mobility

if this was the case demon hunters wouldn't exist
This is a post regarding MM....go make ur own thread shamans.
Mm is as bad or worse in pvp as any spec that has been given attention so far. A simple acknowledgement would go a long way for us at this point, as we have seen zero communication since early beta.

This spec was viable before it was intentionally rewritten. At least dk and warlock players know change is coming. Ww players already have new talents on the ptr. Honest question, what are we supposed to think?
All they added was 1 azerite trait?
10/17/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Munard
All they added was 1 azerite trait?
If you talking about Sharpshooter then yea.