Killing Viscidus in 8.0

General Discussion
Hey everyone. I've been trying to kill Viscidus in AQ40 but haven't had any luck. I can freeze him using Elemental Force enchant on a weapon, but I can't shatter him. Seems like since all the weapon speeds have been normalized, I can't kill him anymore. I'm trying to get the bindings from him for Tier 2.5, but now that my weapons are too slow, I can't do it.

I have one of the pet trinkets from Pandaria (the one that drops from the Gnoll in Jade Forest), but even that isn't getting the job done. Have any other slower classes been able to kill this boss in BfA?
I did it on my pally with the Crate of Kidnapped Puppies. Also the Barov Lumberjack Caller from WoD works well I hear. They both deal a ton of melee hits. 50 hits in 30 seconds is rough without a dual wield class ;/
If you are referring to Crate of kidnapped puppies then not sure what you can do
At least you can freeze him. Being a warlock, I can't even do that.
10/17/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Vyline

Any class can. Just get a dagger (or any weapon) and put Elemental Force on it. Wack him with it until he freezes.
10/17/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Aligeri
10/17/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Vyline

Any class can. Just get a dagger (or any weapon) and put Elemental Force on it. Wack him with it until he freezes.

Uh pallies cant equip dagger.
I haven't tried in a while but you have to get created depending on the class. As an ele shaman I basically had to spam frost shock I think 20 times exactly to freeze, then lust with earth ele while I melee.
10/17/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Compassion

He's talking to the Warlock.
10/17/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Compassion

I quoted the Warlock. And being a Paladin, I know we can't equip daggers. You can put the enchant on any weapon and it will do the trick.
For my pally you gotta go ham, get drums and boost haste with trinks or attack speed items and go full ham on it.

Also you can use a frost DK to get it where those bindings aren't class bound so a DK may be easier to do it on with icy talons talent.

Worse comes to worse you grab a rogue to tag along for that one boss, in agreement that loot is split any leather is yours plate is mine etc.
Just do it on a Frost DK.
10/17/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Voidarcane
For my pally you gotta go ham, get drums and boost haste with trinks or attack speed items and go full ham on it.

Also you can use a frost DK to get it where those bindings aren't class bound so a DK may be easier to do it on with icy talons talent.

Worse comes to worse you grab a rogue to tag along for that one boss, in agreement that loot is split any leather is yours plate is mine etc.

Well I wanted to get the complete 2.5 set. Does killing him on a Frost DK cause the bindings to become BoE?
10/17/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Aligeri

Well I wanted to get the complete 2.5 set. Does killing him on a Frost DK cause the bindings to become BoE?

No... but if you get the bindings it is added to collections, so unless you want the PHYSICAL item in your bank/bag/void storage you can do it on the DK to complete the set in transmog.

Can a DK actually equip it, or is it flagged paladin-only? Have not been to AQ in a long time.
10/17/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Voidarcane

No... but if you get the bindings it is added to collections, so unless you want the PHYSICAL item in your bank/bag/void storage you can do it on the DK to complete the set in transmog.

Whoa. Seriously? It will come up as available for xmog in the collections tab?

What I'm specifically trying to do here is complete the armor racks in my order hall. I know it's old content, but I still like hanging out in there like a weirdo.
10/17/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Tarc

Can a DK actually equip it, or is it flagged paladin-only? Have not been to AQ in a long time.

As i said in my original post, its not class bound, 99% of the AQ40 non-quest items do not have class restrictions, only armor type.
[edit] -there seems to be two separate conversations going on here..

no.
the bindings aren't an item.
a dk can not do the paladin specific Avengers quests to obtain the paladin items. (boots/shoulder)

10/17/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Voidarcane
As i said in my original post, its not class bound, 99% of the AQ40 non-quest items do not have class restrictions, only armor type.

if you're after the gloves, yes, a dk can add those to the appearance tab.. however, i'm not entirely sure if that will still tick them off in the set collection.
10/17/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Nobully

umm.. no.

a dk can not do the paladin specific Avengers quests.

Yea this is what I'm confused about. The bindings are a turn-in, not a token that turns into the gear.
10/17/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Aligeri

Whoa. Seriously? It will come up as available for xmog in the collections tab?

What I'm specifically trying to do here is complete the armor racks in my order hall. I know it's old content, but I still like hanging out in there like a weirdo.

YES! AQ40 gear that has class restrictions are the quest gear, everything else, bracers, belt, etc that drop from bosses do not have class restrictions, a warrior/DK/pally could aquire it for transmog just like you could get part of the warrior mog on a DK or pally.

Just like with Naxx 40 gear at this point gear didn't have class restrictions.
10/17/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Aligeri

umm.. no.

a dk can not do the paladin specific Avengers quests.

Yea this is what I'm confused about. The bindings are a turn-in, not a token that turns into the gear.

OH i thought you mean the wrist or gloves that drops off Vidiscus that is an item, not one of the turn in items. my bad