Balance getting nerfed

Druid
Anyone know the links of these changes wouldn't mind checking them out myself.
Power of the Moon and High noon changes are an IMPROVEMENT.
Spamming them Single target was already super niche and not very powerful and the rotation itself when stacking 3x of each trait is degenerate at best.

Having the damage shifted to the DOT instead of direct damage will make them actually useful in raids and M+ for any kind of AOE encounter or clearing trash.

Add to that the significant mastery buff and the azerite improvements / new traits and on the whole it's a very positive patch for balance.

Change the title of the thread, you look foolish.

*the twin moons talent nerf is somewhat offset by the mastery buff, sky isn't falling, significant overall buff is on the horizon*
10/20/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Leafmealone

They were on the front page of mmo champion on the day this thread was created.
They're still there under all the blizzcon pin/badge announcements.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287975/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28151-achievements-and-class-changes-new-azerite-blood-dk-ne

Scroll down and check under the druid tab on class changes.

Excited about the changes. Now mastery is a good stat to gear for it seems :D
Mastery going to scale?
10/21/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Ovidiu

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287975/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28151-achievements-and-class-changes-new-azerite-blood-dk-ne

is this correct? to me it seems they just buffed some of our spells by buffing the base percentage that mastery gives to them. i'm not sure if that means that every point of mastery if going to give any more damage than it gives currently. maybe i'm misunderstanding this but lets say right now every point of mastery gives .01% increase (i realize this is wrong but its just easy number to use). now some of our spells starting point is lower right now (for instance 6% to starsurge as opposed to 11% for starfall). this buff seems like it only increases that starting point but not the actual scaling of the stat we will get on gear. so yeah now all of our spells get a base 12% increase from mastery which is great (especially for starsurge) but i'm guessing that theoretical .01% still stays the same. if this is true wouldnt our stat weights stay basically the same they would have been otherwise? maybe i'm missing something here.
The changes are actually a step in the right direction. Mastery actually scaling a HUGE improvement. The nerf to twin moons, combined with the buff to stellar flare, gives a more reasonable single target option, depending on the encounter, as it should have been.

The moonfire and sunfire traits are probably still worthless though, as well as most other azerite traits. They could all use the same treatment they're giving new traits, which is to make them viable on their own - not only useful when stacked.

Also, New Moon still needs a buff. It should be the clear single target talent, but its generally worthless in all situations.
10/23/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Lunadelsol
The changes are actually a step in the right direction. Mastery actually scaling a HUGE improvement. The nerf to twin moons, combined with the buff to stellar flare, gives a more reasonable single target option, depending on the encounter, as it should have been.

The moonfire and sunfire traits are probably still worthless though, as well as most other azerite traits. They could all use the same treatment they're giving new traits, which is to make them viable on their own - not only useful when stacked.

Also, New Moon still needs a buff. It should be the clear single target talent, but its generally worthless in all situations.

Where do we see mastery scaling any more than it does now? I only see a buff to the baseline percentage
10/23/2018 03:19 AMPosted by Anastasìa
10/21/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Ovidiu

is this correct? to me it seems they just buffed some of our spells by buffing the base percentage that mastery gives to them. i'm not sure if that means that every point of mastery if going to give any more damage than it gives currently. maybe i'm misunderstanding this but lets say right now every point of mastery gives .01% increase (i realize this is wrong but its just easy number to use). now some of our spells starting point is lower right now (for instance 6% to starsurge as opposed to 11% for starfall). this buff seems like it only increases that starting point but not the actual scaling of the stat we will get on gear. so yeah now all of our spells get a base 12% increase from mastery which is great (especially for starsurge) but i'm guessing that theoretical .01% still stays the same. if this is true wouldnt our stat weights stay basically the same they would have been otherwise? maybe i'm missing something here.

Both. Star surge and empowered solar wrath are brought up to everything else, then everything was increased an additional 10%.
10/23/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Obii
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Both. Star surge and empowered solar wrath are brought up to everything else, then everything was increased an additional 10%.
so 22%?? I think it's only an additional 1% total of 12%

so 22%?? I think it's only an additional 1% total of 12%

i wouldn't expect an lfr hero to understand the buff totals
10/23/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Shauleynna
... so 22%?? I think it's only an additional 1% total of 12%

i wouldn't expect an lfr hero to understand the buff totals

not sure who you are talking about. if it's me then thats funny. who cares what level i play at anymore. i don't have time to make a raid schedule anymore. playing casually is just as much fun for me as when i was raiding heroics in wotlk actually.
anyway there are 2 different versions of the changes that i just saw.

on wowhead it just says our mastery now gives a 12% damage increase across the board to starfall, starsurge, stellar flare, lunar and solar empowerments.

on mmo champion it says the increase is 154% of spellpower.

so one would insinuate just a flat base increase while the other would scale really well with spell power, i think anyway

which is it?
10/24/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Anastasìa
anyway there are 2 different versions of the changes that i just saw.

on wowhead it just says our mastery now gives a 12% damage increase across the board to starfall, starsurge, stellar flare, lunar and solar empowerments.

on mmo champion it says the increase is 154% of spellpower.

so one would insinuate just a flat base increase while the other would scale really well with spell power, i think anyway

which is it?

BOTH! After the patch you'll log in to find your damage contribution from mastery while having 0 mastery rating will be higher than it is now and have the same impact on all affected spells. (Surge and empowered wrath now match bonus of everything else)

Additionally the contribution of mastery / int on gear will increase the damage done by those affected spells at a higher rate than currently.
So... BOTH. It's a solid change. New mastery sims are available now based on the latest ptr. You can check for yourself!
10/24/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Obii
New mastery sims are available now based on the latest ptr. You can check for yourself!

Where!? Id love to check it out!
Nerf. I just checked the Live vs PTR numbers on my Moonkin and there is a damage decrease on all abilities on the PTR. Moonfire, Sunfire, Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike all do less damage. Even when I switch to Mastery gear (from 22% normally to 33%) on PTR I am doing less than live on most abilities. To get to 33% i have to drop from 15% haste to 7%.

Maybe it scales better as gear gets better...Edited for Starsurge. Maybe this is where the damage has gone

Live in current gear(14.5% Haste, 21.72% Mastery):
Solar Wrath - 3818
Lunar Strike - 4868
Moonfire - 1332, 15624
Sunfire - 1531, 11443
Fury of Elune - 11200
Starsurge - 15525

PTR in same gear (14.5% Haste, 22.33% Mastery):
Solar Wrath - 3677
Lunar Strike - 4688
Moonfire - 1196, 14024
Sunfire - 1499, 11206
Fury of Elune - 10784
Starsurge - 17242

PTR in mastery gear(7.35% Haste, 33.22%):
Solar Wrath - 3767
Lunar Strike - 4803
Moonfire - 1334, 14658
Sunfire - 1673, 11713
Fury of Elune - 11056
Starsurge - 19236
something must be different....because i just checked and all my abilities hit a little harder on the ptr
10/17/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Merikeeganky
High noon and Power of the Moon are being nerfed into the ground. As if things aren’t tedious, slow and terrible enough in this god forsaken expansion, they feel the need to savagely nerf a mid to bottom tier DPS spec as well. I can’t see why anyone would even want to play a Druid at this point. Guardian is trash. Feral is trash outside of pvp and they are getting nerfed to death in pvp. Now balance is going from trash single target and decent at aoe/cleave to just garbage for both.

I really believe they just want everyone to quit playing wow at this point. They are now the Apple of MMORPGs. Once great, but now garbage due to complacency and incompetence.

My balance has no problem doing good dps. Single target fights I’m usually top 5 in raid and dungeons I’m typically #1 or #2 on boss fights.
Reading changes in 8.1 were not getting nerfed that bad tbh, moonfire will see roughly about 50-100 dmge reduction at most. Who the !@#$ runs high noon anyway, it’s a %^-*ty trait to begin with. We’re also getting some new traits in 8.1 and one of them for Starsurge looks very promising