How serious would it be to kill Loa?

Story Forum
10/19/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Ningjinq
If the dragonflight start to take sides in this conflict, it’ll be interesting to see what people think of killing the former aspects.

Bronze (Mag’har scenario) and Black dragonflight on Horde. Blue, Green and Red on Alliance.

You honestly see Red and Green going to Alliance after Malfurion and Tyrande's short sightedness got Ysera killed?

Green would be neutral at best.
10/22/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Kolyx
If the dragonflight start to take sides in this conflict, it’ll be interesting to see what people think of killing the former aspects.

Bronze (Mag’har scenario) and Black dragonflight on Horde. Blue, Green and Red on Alliance.

You honestly see Red and Green going to Alliance after Malfurion and Tyrande's short sightedness got Ysera killed?

Despite Malfurion and Tyrande - pretty much just Malfurion, let's be real - the Greens still have a deep connection with the Kaldorei, Ysera even blessing their tree when it was alive. If Dragons are going to pick sides, I'd say that Greens would be squarely with them.
10/22/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Kolyx

I mean he still ultimately defeated Xaviud and the Nightmare so y'know. Also the reds should be pretty anti-Horde between the orcs and nu-Scourge. There's a quest in Drustvar where some edgy blood elf DK (redundant, I know) tries to raise a dead red as his frostwyrm and one asks us to help stop him.
10/22/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Jerolan
some edgy blood elf DK
Didn't know Myrothan was in game.

I always felt Chromie would side with the Alliance tho.
10/22/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Amadeus
I always felt Chromie would side with the Alliance tho.
Just move Chromie as far away from the war as possible, and any other potential harm.
For the most part I don't think races like Blood elves, Goblins, Maybe Orcs wouldn't care that much. But the trolls I believe would be outraged since it is one of there gods they killed in this setting. Could be interesting if they try to wage a Holy war.
10/22/2018 03:50 AMPosted by Kisin
I'm right there with you. The entire reason I came back to WoW was for Zandalar, Rastakhan, and the loa. I love troll lore. Easily one of the most unique aspects of Warcraft lore that distinguishes it from other fantasy settings.

Shadra and Hir'eek were especially harsh blows for me. I play on a roleplay realm and Kisin here has strong connections to both Hir'eek and Shadra, praying to them for blessings and making offerings in times of need. Now a huge part of my character's life is just dead.

If Shirvallah dies Kisin will only have Gonk and Bwonsamdi left, and as a druid he has a tremulous relationship with the loa of death.

Not to mention my hunter with a bat pet who's patron was Hir'eek. I'm really not sure what to do with him as far as faith goes now.
My concept for my feral druid was that he was a priest of Shirvallah until Gonk urged the Darkspear into worshiping multiple loa at once. His bat form was a gift from Hir'eek, and while there are no forms that directly ties troll druids to Shadra, Hethiss, and Bethekk, I still headcannoned that he worshiped all five jungle loa. However, he still maintains the strongest connection to Shirvallah, which is why he does most of his fighting in tiger form.

10/22/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Grandblade
You could also fight her in the Hinterlands questline.

... so another case of her dying as soon as she shows up. Except this time, you get to do the deed.
I killed Shadra in Hinterlands before I went to Zul'Gurub and gained any kind of awareness of what a loa was, so it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize what I had done. But you are right; it was another case of her dying instantly before we could see her personality in any shape or form.
My concept for my feral druid was that he was a priest of Shirvallah until Gonk urged the Darkspear into worshiping multiple loa at once. His bat form was a gift from Hir'eek, and while there are no forms that directly ties troll druids to Shadra, Hethiss, and Bethekk, I still headcannoned that he worshiped all five jungle loa. However, he still maintains the strongest connection to Shirvallah, which is why he does most of his fighting in tiger form.

Kisin was a primalist in training who's patron loa was Shirvallah, which also carried over to him becoming a feral druid once Gonk intervened. So it seems we had a similar concept for our characters.

I'm pretty sure Hir'eek is where all the Darkspear druids got their bat form. Bethekk I always considered being the loa we worship to bolster our stealth abilities. I personally roleplayed Infected Wounds as Shadra's blessing on Kisin's claws.

Loa are such a big part of a troll's world that it's a pretty big blow when one dies. I really hope Hir'eek comes back eventually, but Blizzard is acting like they forgot that Cenarius came back from being corrupted by Old God shenanigans just fine, which has me worried.
10/22/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Kisin
I'm pretty sure Hir'eek is where all the Darkspear druids got their bat form. Bethekk I always considered being the loa we worship to bolster our stealth abilities. I personally roleplayed Infected Wounds as Shadra's blessing on Kisin's claws.
I assumed Hir'eek was the one who granted us flight form, but I couldn't find anything explicitly stating as much. I figured it was one of those things that just goes without saying. I didn't think about Infected Wounds and improved stealth in those ways, though. I really dig that idea.
10/22/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Rathi
I assumed Hir'eek was the one who granted us flight form, but I couldn't find anything explicitly stating as much. I figured it was one of those things that just goes without saying. I didn't think about Infected Wounds and improved stealth in those ways, though. I really dig that idea.

I imagine most people assume it was Hir'eek. It'd be weird for us to not get bat form from our bat loa.

Though apparently Gonk is a shapeshifter, which I don't think is something we knew about him until BfA. That explains why none of the Zandalari druid forms align with a particular loa aside from the travel forms. I hope we get more lore expanding on this.

Yah, I often describe Kisin's stealth with phrases like "He cloaked himself in Bethekk's shadow and disappeared" and such for more flavor.