Raider.io and its influence

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
The only problem is raider.io only records the leaderboard runs. So if you +3 a 9 key late in the week it doesn’t record it. That’ happens to me a lot because I don’t really have time to play until the weekend. But either way I’m getting a +10 key done everweek.

I’m sure if blizzard would create an internal m+ scoring system into the game it would be better. Because then it could record every run, and potentially have the number keys you abandoned or deserted influence your score or at least be listed alongside it. Because I’d rather have people that don’t drop out as opposed to someone with a high score.
10/21/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Deadshot
The only problem is raider.io only records the leaderboard runs. So if you +3 a 9 key late in the week it doesn’t record it. That’ happens to me a lot because I don’t really have time to play until the weekend. But either way I’m getting a +10 key done everweek.

I’m sure if blizzard would create an internal m+ scoring system into the game it would be better. Because then it could record every run, and potentially have the number keys you abandoned or deserted influence your score or at least be listed alongside it. Because I’d rather have people that don’t drop out as opposed to someone with a high score.

This exactly. My playing time is more skewed towards weekends. And most of my good runs never get recorded....

I'm not against the system per se, I just want it to be fair for all players, not just those who do it quickly
Hey, if it is anything like ilvl was back in the day, they will just implement it directly into the game as a numerical feature instead of giving us the tools to check players dungeon history data directly. It is far better to look at the actual performance of a specific player in dungeons overall, like how often they died, to what pulls, or where at in the dungeon, how many interrupts they managed, number of enemies stunned or CC’d, knockbacks used to interrupt spells and so on. Basically stuff one can only learn by playing with a group often.
Raider.io is a great tool. There are so many people who apply to 10+ Keys who have never done a level 7 or higher because they want the weekly cache loot — and guess what, they all have 370+ ilvl!

The fact is, part of the fun of M+ is smoothly timing difficult keys. With high level m+, you just can’t expect to have an inexperienced person in your group and still make the timer. You need people who know the trash mechanics, common pulls/skips, boss mechanics, and the affixes.

Someone who has timed only one lvl 10 key and has never completed a key in 3 dungeons, and the rest of their keys are level 5-7 says a lot compared to someone who has all level 9 Keys.

The fact is, statistically speaking, someone who has all level 9 Keys is much more likely to be proficient than someone with one level 10 and kissing other keys. If the person is bad, it will be so much harder for them to complete 10 different dungeons on level 9 than to get lucky and carried through just one level 10. So truthfully, raider.io does help you find better players.

Raider.io shows the affixes that they completed the key, so pros can tel whether the key was an easy week or not based on the affixes. Also, it shows what keys they have been doing that week. So even though they may have some great keys completed, you can se whether they have been timing Keys with this weeks affixes.

Truthfully, you probably hate raider.io if you are expecting to get put into a high level key without putting any work into it. If you want to improve your mythic + score, you just have to time a key in every dungeon and then look at your raider.io and just find keys that are your lowest key to raise it up. Not that hard if you are actually good
10/20/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Shukaku
10/20/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Ojoverde
Get good, raider io isnt the problem.

Raider.IO isn't why shaman representation for m+ is rock bottom.

That's just because the class has low dps and low visibility. Not a good combination, and hard to get invites and climb up the ladder.

Shaman is indeed a broken and clunky mess right now, but don't use that excuse. I have a 700 io and a 369 item level and STILL have issues getting into groups. That doesn't mean that I don't get into groups, just means that I can get into them less often than say a frost mage with a similar io and gear situation. Shaman still does extremely adequate damage in both trash and boss fights,
If raider io would actually could more runs and scores it would be less harmful to new players. That’s my issue with it.
ilvl has not been accurate measure to judge skill since.....TBC before badges were introduced ?

ilvl did not even exist as a label on your gear then
10/20/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Saltharas
Simple Question,

can you please stop sharing Data with Raider.io?
This external site ruins the game for me, and many other players, who don't fit the meta you made for a 100%.

This external site has to much influence on a game they didnt made.
You don't got socre, you can't join groups... Isn't gearscore enough to judge people?

And the worst thing, Raider.io score tells nothing about me and how im playing. This score made up by random 5 man Groups. So each user i teamed up with made this score...

This influence needs to be cut of asap.

So essentially you're bad at your spec /role or inactive (inexperienced which also makes you a liability) and don't want websites like this preventing players like you from getting carried by other players.

We as a player base should have free will about whom we choose to select for our groups, and of course there are going to be measuring metrics in a game like WoW. Always have been always will be. My opinion doesn't favor me btw; my IO score is low due to swapping classes a month and a half in and not having much time to play and get it up. Should people who want certain scores have the right to look me up and deign not to take me? 100% yes.

10/21/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Crosshairs
This exactly. My playing time is more skewed towards weekends. And most of my good runs never get recorded....

I'm not against the system per se, I just want it to be fair for all players, not just those who do it quickly

I take it you mean 'on time', because if those runs were 'good' (on time) they'd be recorded automatically.
10/22/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Razeal
I take it you mean 'on time', because if those runs were 'good' (on time) they'd be recorded automatically.

No, I mean people who do it early in the week and fill up the top 500 clears for the week and then the later-week runs never get recorded. It is heavily skewed towards players who do high level keys at the beginning of the weekly reset and not for weekend players when the list becomes 'full'.

I'm not suggesting that blizzard abandon these rankings - I'm just saying they need to expand on it so that the list can show all of the runs of a given player, not just the ones that they completed in the top 500.
All I'm going to say is that I've literally never seen a good M+ runner complain about raider.io scores. I know some who don't really care about it, but nobody good who thinks it's unfair.
10/22/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Crosshairs
It is heavily skewed towards players who do high level keys at the beginning of the weekly reset and not for weekend players when the list becomes 'full'.

No it isn't, they just run better times. If you want a spot you have to earn it. IO can be manipulated as well, you've cleared higher M+ and more of them yet the difference between us is just over 100 IO score for M+. I'm also a weekend only player most of the time, this week is an exception because my grapes finally got picked so I'm putting my feet up for a few days.

If you want to make top 500 easy, run 6-8's (your ilvl, overgearing is the point) crush it (2-3 ks upgrade), repeat several times on hard dungeons and reap the rating. You can 'game' IO rating in M+ fairly easy, you have to go into content that you over gear with a group you know can at least get 2 levels worth of upgrade.

I'm not saying avoid your +10 for the week, do that and then farm IO score up.

Also, avoid target farming when you have low IO score; you get better results running each M+ 2x than doing a target farm then clearing 1/2-1/3 of all the dungeons.
10/22/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Crosshairs

No, I mean people who do it early in the week and fill up the top 500 clears for the week and then the later-week runs never get recorded. It is heavily skewed towards players who do high level keys at the beginning of the weekly reset and not for weekend players when the list becomes 'full'.

I'm not suggesting that blizzard abandon these rankings - I'm just saying they need to expand on it so that the list can show all of the runs of a given player, not just the ones that they completed in the top 500.

That's true, all runs should count, that's not a Raider.io issue, that's on Blizzard side only sharing the top500 for the week.

10/21/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Crosshairs

I take it you mean 'on time', because if those runs were 'good' (on time) they'd be
recorded automatically.

You obviously have no idea how Raider.io works. It uses the WoW leaderboards. And high pop servers (like Frostmorne, where poster is from) fill up rapidly. On Tichondrius (friend's server), right now you need a minimum of +9 on time to be on the leaderboard and get recorded.

How are casuals that play on weekends supposed to get Raider.io on lower level dungeons if the baseline is +6/7/8? Huge problem.

10/22/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Moriarty
All I'm going to say is that I've literally never seen a good M+ runner complain about raider.io scores. I know some who don't really care about it, but nobody good who thinks it's unfair.

I think it's unfair for players on high pop servers that want to build their Raider.io reputation up. See my above comment.
You obviously have no idea how Raider.io works. It uses the WoW leaderboards. And high pop servers (like Frostmorne, where poster is from) fill up rapidly. On Tichondrius (friend's server), right now you need a minimum of +9 on time to be on the leaderboard and get recorded.

I do know how it works, in that case its easy to scroll down and see what dungeons the person has done in what time. Which totally defeats your point about high pop servers. People who use IO check those sorts of things, they also know about the server rep issue which is why they check runs.
My main problem is that Mal'Ganis fills so fast that if I don't have time to do any m+ by like, Thurs/Fri on the week either because of raiding or work - I'm screwed on getting any updates.

You can see my data is almost a month old because I can't get any m+ done in time to make the first 500. Which then completely screws me even when I complete 8/9/10s later in the week.
What about you getting good in the game? Push higher keys from the bottom, get score and show the people that you are good enough to go into a higher key.

No one is forced to play with you. So you better be good enough so other players WANTS to play with you.

You are not fighting Raider IO, you are fighting basic human psychology and that's a fight you will NEVER win.
10/22/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Krenna
What about you getting good in the game?

Who told you im not good? R.io? I would love to but i play a Shadow Priest. I don't get taken with any groups and Raider.io is making it even harder. Oh yes, i think it's unfair. Just good classes getting taken with groups. Those good classes are tracked and easy to find...

This site is ruining my game exp. on a way that even Blizzard havent achived yet with theyre failure on Shadow Priest.

"Oh you play Shadow? Go play Disc, push your score and come back. But even then your a shadow" nice things to read you know...
10/21/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Delofasht
Hey, if it is anything like ilvl was back in the day, they will just implement it directly into the game as a numerical feature instead of giving us the tools to check players dungeon history data directly. It is far better to look at the actual performance of a specific player in dungeons overall, like how often they died, to what pulls, or where at in the dungeon, how many interrupts they managed, number of enemies stunned or CC’d, knockbacks used to interrupt spells and so on. Basically stuff one can only learn by playing with a group often.

if raider io and details had a baby and wow adopted their love child
10/22/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Saltharas
10/22/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Krenna
What about you getting good in the game?

Who told you im not good? R.io? I would love to but i play a Shadow Priest. I don't get taken with any groups and Raider.io is making it even harder. Oh yes, i think it's unfair. Just good classes getting taken with groups. Those good classes are tracked and easy to find...

This site is ruining my game exp. on a way that even Blizzard havent achived yet with theyre failure on Shadow Priest.

"Oh you play Shadow? Go play Disc, push your score and come back. But even then your a shadow" nice things to read you know...

I would like to say anything about your main character, but since you are hiding it behind a low level alt I cant.

Oh, do you say you play Shadow? Too bad. I play Enhancement so I know your pain and anger. But you are not anger to Raider IO, or your anger is missplaced.

Better be angry to Blizzard who destroyed your class and many others, mine included. Those people made you harder to get into groups, not Raider IO.

But come on, post on your main anyway.
10/23/2018 12:09 AMPosted by Krenna
I would like to say anything about your main character, but since you are hiding it behind a low level alt I cant.

No im not hiding, im an European Player and i don't want to buy another license of the game just to write in this forum....I had no reason to hide -.-
In European Forum Blizzard just don't gibe a sh***

R.io and Blizzard make it hard for me. Blizzard surely shat all over the Shadow,Enh, Ele, Feral and so on but R.io and it's rankings don't make it easier at all.

In normal life, ppl shout out against a personal score a bank is setting up for you to show if you worthy a credit, in game they love to judge people by a score... someone explain me those two different worlds please?