How will players react when a level 40 classic character has more skills than a 120?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
10/20/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Haunter
In order to have more abilities you need the gold to purchase the abilities

You also need to go back to a trainer to use any of them. On your once an hour hearth.
10/20/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Tymberlea
But some of those skills were things like "Unarmed Combat", "Daggers", "One Hand Swords", "One Hand Maces", "Wands", etc., not to mention different ranks of spells you learned at earlier levels.

Don't forget to visit your Pet's skill trainer, too. Oh, you haven't been hunting with that pet lately? Better go level them up. Remember to bring food for them. What did they eat again?

A lot of the systems were, in fact, bloat.

I don’t remember pet trainers. I do remember having to tame random pets to get new skills to teach your pets. And of course leveling your pet. Feeding pets is why I leveled fishing, though.
How are they going to react to having to level your skill to use a certain weapon, after youve farmed the gold to learn the skill to use the weapon O.o
A lot of assumptions that vanilla will be well received and packed. Why would I want to go back 15 years to when things in this game sucked hard?

No thanks. Bfa might be garbage, but overall the game is great.
Oh yeah, having 5 different versions of rejuvination that you have to find the correct rank for because you can't use the highest rank on a character that was too low level was so riveting.
Fake news, all your wonderful talent points will going into making the most effective use of the 1 ability you will be spamming for the duartion of classic content.
10/21/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Heartx
How are they going to react to having to level your skill to use a certain weapon, after youve farmed the gold to learn the skill to use the weapon O.o

it was not that hard to do hell i did it with my lock i had to hit things with my staff

to get it up there to do damage for one of the trash in kara that was immune to

spell's just had my pet tank some mobs and i would hit them with my staff from 1 to 300.
Skills you will almost never use.
10/21/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Mezzedup
Fake news, all your wonderful talent points will going into making the most effective use of the 1 ability you will be spamming for the duartion of classic content.

And yet a lot of people loved Classic and there's still a very strong presence for it in private servers. Mages spamming Frostbolt/Fireball over and over doesn't mean thats the only button they use. Outside of a raid fight you use the full kit.

It also means the return of hybrid specs again! Something that we lost and I'm personally looking forward to. 2H reckadins, elemental mage, shadow/disc hybrids, balance/resto druid hybrids and maybe one day we'll see the return of shockadins.
I will be happy because I will be playing Classic over BFA
But some of those skills were things like "Unarmed Combat", "Daggers", "One Hand Swords", "One Hand Maces", "Wands", etc., not to mention different ranks of spells you learned at earlier levels.

Don't forget to visit your Pet's skill trainer, too. Oh, you haven't been hunting with that pet lately? Better go level them up. Remember to bring food for them. What did they eat again?

All of which are vastly superior to what Battle for Azeroth has to offer.
10/20/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Saralocks
I wonder how people would react when they relise it is a huge time sink to get the gold just to learn to ride, let alone buy there first mount.
A more-rewarding time sink than what we have currently in the BfA loot lottery.
Oh boy, can't wait for that dampen magic excitement!
Ah yes... Routine blessings, rank 1 FoL spam and Cleanse. Such a varied pallet which which to create interesting gameplay. Oh, and avoiding plate due to abysmal itemization is truly engaging.

At least Ret and Prot will be viable options for PVE. Oh, wait...
All those skills and yet your standing around waiting for your mana to recover.
How will people react when they realize Classic is a better game than BFA?

What you call bloat, I call basic RPG elements.
10/21/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Sinistrë

What you call bloat, I call basic RPG elements.

There's a lot of trash skills that will leave you at a disadvantage, or render you useless, in dungeons and raids.

There are more skills now that are useful than there were in Classic. As well, all specs can be played and do get played. Good luck with that come Classic.
"Oh look, he has a bunch of skills he barely uses and bars cluttered up the wazoo. HA! *goes back to playing current, no longer caring about the level 40 classic server character*"