Story Forum Community Lounge 146

Story Forum
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
11/06/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Éamon
Blizzard is trying its hand at quantum storytelling. The narrative exists in an uncertain plot superposition until the story is fully published to the customers. Then the probabilistic story wavefunction collapses into a single canon and the other quantum position becomes non-canon.
11/06/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Desanvos
Lets look at a similar example

The War of Thorns

We have the Novella version of the war and the in game version of the war. Does it make more sense for the Novella they released with the collectors edition to be noncanon or does it makes more sense that the in game version is limited by in game assets and fitting the narrative into an MMORPG format? The obvious answer is the more detailed novella version is the more accurate one, yet similar to the cinematic it also doesn't show the PC's actions.

Now I'm really curious if communities like Wowpedia make judgements on cases like this for which is most canon.
I've been watching Crisis Core videos on YouTube and some YouTube Commentators have come to the conclusion that Sephiroth would stop being a threat if he knew who his real mother was...

I personally think that he would change form to a child in an attempt to give his true mother Lucrecia the chance to raise him like she wanted to while discarding his hatred in the form of his sword.

Of course the sword would end up becoming a threat of it's own since it's hatred without a sense of self and thus could easily possess anyone who wanted to use the sword... Now what kind of Final Fantasy character would want the Masamune?
Well I just ended up in a HotS match which Trueshot, it was as unpleasant as I expected.
For the Warframe players, it's 4tuna day barring delays. Supposed to be 3 gigs.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1060369904505942020
I finally loaded up Classic WoW to relive the nostalgia. Oh my God, the memories. I played a NE Hunter just like I did back then. To my surprise, some of the old skills came back to me. I didn't expect much.

I...I had fun again. Maybe it was the people playing, too, but I had fun. It was hilarious at times.

'Why did my pet do that?'
'Where did my pet go? Ah hell...'
'Hey, I need ammo now and I have mana instead of focus.'
'Oh crap. I need to feed my pet again.'
'Ranged penalty? Oh yeah, I remember that now...'
'Wait...no quest markers? I have to read the quest text again?'
'Hey, I remember those Defias Pillagers...ow! ow! ow!'

and the ultimate moment...

'OH !@#$!!! Too many murlocs!' lol
Is anyone else having a thing where Youtube is taking like 30 seconds to start a video after pressing play?

It's getting irritating.
11/07/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Amadis
Now I'm really curious if communities like Wowpedia make judgements on cases like this for which is most canon.

I can't speak for any communities, only myself.

I think the novels make a stronger case for canon because there are practical limitations to telling a story in an MMO. However, I feel that the stories in and out of game should line up even if you can't show all the details in the game. This comes falling apart when the in and out of game story clash egregiously on important details. This is bad because many players don't read the novels. The game is their primary and only source of the story. It leads to a disconnect in the tone and pacing of the story that just tank the quality of the narrative.

I tend to hold game canon as the highest canon because it's the only canon the majority of players experience (for good or ill).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4ITtg8kNc

I wonder what we will encounter in the Another Dimension?... It is clearly the same dimension as the one where Parallel Landia and Parallel Susie come from...

Will we soon see the source of the Symbol used by Parallel Susie that Dark Taranza borrowed when creating King D-Mind from his idea of the strongest warrior(according to an interview with Kirby Director Shinya Kumazaki)?

According to recent tweets(https://kirbypost-generator.tumblr.com/) a fractured vessel of Void Termina is in Another Dimension... That means that the eye symbol on Parallel Susie and King D-Mind(who had it plastered on him by his creator Dark Taranza following Kirby's fight with Parallel Susie) is the eye of Void Termina!
From today's Activision earnings call:

"fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

Lol...you lying @#$%@^@#
Was messing around in wowhead's modelviewer, mulling over new characters while I waited on pizza to get here.

The animation for the Kul Tiran racial Haymaker is in. It has a ridiculous, over the top wind-up, and I love it.

When a male Worgen uses the Combat Rogue pistol shot animation, he stands up straight. I want upright Worgen, now.
11/08/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Hahahahahaha
From today's Activision earnings call:

"fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

Lol...you lying @#$%@^@#

Bobby Kotick's goals are blatantly the milk the product as much as possible! He thinks that his pushing Diablo Immortal will help and will be blindsided by the plan backfiring...

He clearly wasn't paying attention when Lucasfilm's Solo movie box office bombed due to Fan boycotts. His attitude is begging for Diablo Immortal to be boycotted and fail!
Two hours until I turn into dust.

Just know that though my sub will die, my spirit will live on, watching over the forums like the ghost of a fart.

If the absence of my incredible wit and charm proves too harrowing, you can find me in the Discord. Maybe I'll be back in the future.

Till then, play nice kiddos. Uncle Hack is gonna take a smoke break.
11/09/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Hackbrew
Two hours until I turn into dust.

Just know that though my sub will die, my spirit will live on, watching over the forums like the ghost of a fart.

If the absence of my incredible wit and charm proves too harrowing, you can find me in the Discord. Maybe I'll be back in the future.

Till then, play nice kiddos. Uncle Hack is gonna take a smoke break.

I've enjoyed your posts, Hack. This forum is losing too many good people. Enjoy that smoke break.
On that note it's time for me to hang up the axe and the bow as well and call it a day for now. Even with five months left on my sub (which I hate beyond all reasonable expectation that I gave this company that money) I just can't do it anymore.

The lore stuff that has been coming out recently, them wanting me to hate the other half of my faction, the fact that they seem to be TRYING to make us hate Sylvanas, it's all too much. Then the Wrathgate revelation came out. Virtually every single piece of lore that we've relied on is being changed.

I'll be a present factor on the Discord (Arganar/Khorall/Garkash, whichever suits you best) but for the Forums and the Game, I'm out.

Have fun with whatever BFA becomes folks, it's been a wild ride.
Not really a business person myself, but the way those stocks are falling for the company seem quite concerning but well-deserved. Anyone got a clue if it'll bounce back for Acti-Blizz or not?

And also Carmageddon, I wasn't kidding about your post. I don't wanna start an entire thread solely on someone else's idea, but it's just so hilarious man!! Please make it a thread!!! XD
I just got the black dragon invasion while doing an island expedition and one of the rares for the invasion was a chromatic dragon (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138481/chromitus).

Thought that was mildly interesting.
11/10/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Anelaan
I just got the black dragon invasion while doing an island expedition and one of the rares for the invasion was a chromatic dragon (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138481/chromitus).

Thought that was mildly interesting.

As if we didn't already know that the Black Dragon Leaders are somewhere in the Great Dark Beyond(https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Twilight_Master#Notes).

The question is which Planet is Nefarian and his brood invading from!?!
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

Breaking News: Upcoming Maintenance – Forum Migration

As some of you may know, over the last several months we've implemented new forums for a few of our titles, including Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm as well as our BlizzCon forums. The goal being to allow you to more easily navigate current topics, encourage more constructive discussions and reward positive contributions to the community.

With this in mind, we are ready for the World of Warcraft forums to transition to these new forums.

This Tuesday, November 13, the World of Warcraft forums will be going into maintenance starting at 8:00 AM (PST). We hope to have the forums available again by 5:00 PM (PST).

Note: We will be migrating over threads created in the last two weeks to allow ongoing community discussions to continue as seamlessly as possible.

Once maintenance is complete the old forums will be available in read-only mode. We encourage you to save any discussions you'd like, including any content from stickied and community threads.

Below are some features that will be available in the new forum:

Trust Levels
We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.

Tracking and Updates
There are now “Blizz Tracker” and “Dev Tracker” options to quickly find official posts

You can now easily find threads that you’ve previously viewed

Preformatted text

Threads now update in real time without needing to refresh

Threads now infinitely scroll as the “pages” system has been removed.

The forums will also remember what you’ve read, where you left off, and how long you’ve spent active on the forums.

Sorting and Search
A new “Advanced Search” feature will make looking for older posts easier.

You can now sort posts by “Top” or “Latest” with configurable timeframes.
Notifications

You can now enable notifications for when you are tagged in posts and replies.

Flagging
We’ve removed the “thumbs down” button and replaced it with a flagging system with multiple options.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

Handy guide someone linked over in General about formatting and trust levels.
That trust level nonsense is going to be abused to hell and back. Just have to hope that the moderation remains relatively lax, because they went full bore on the Overwatch forums after their update.
11/12/2018 12:45 AMPosted by Anelaan
Trust Levels

Upvote developer posts and downvote fake news to gain bonus Trust Level points! Especially trustworthy citizens, uh I mean, players will get discounts on micro-transactions and subscription fees! We want to establish a positive society in the Blizzard gaming community. We'll call it BlizzSoc!

11/12/2018 12:45 AMPosted by Anelaan
Flagging

I wonder if there will be a corporate shill flag.