Story Forum Community Lounge 146

Story Forum
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du88WArjb8w&feature=youtu.be

...I don't know what to say.
11/12/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Kharinak

That...

That actually looks like it could be an interesting movie to see. It's a bit jarring to see an old children's franchise branch out to appeal to its original audience (now grown up), but they might be able to pull it off.
11/12/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Kharinak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du88WArjb8w&feature=youtu.be

I'm... still processing what I think about this as well...

As of now, I'm leaning more to the "I'm done... I don't want to live on this planet, anymore." side.
Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu is... not something I would have predicted.

This will either be great or a huge dumpster fire. Either way, it will probably be the most interesting thing to come out of the Pokemon franchise in ages.
11/12/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Éamon
Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu is... not something I would have predicted.

This will either be great or a huge dumpster fire. Either way, it will probably be the most interesting thing to come out of the Pokemon franchise in ages.

It feels like a deadpool smash up with pokemon tbqh.
11/12/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Saiphas
It feels like a deadpool smash up with pokemon tbqh.

I liked his headlong tackle into the invisible wall.

"In my head, I saw that differently."
Pokemon was a mistake.
I feel like everyone is collectively having the same moment I did when I first tried the demo for Detective Pikachu and my brain stopped functioning when he spoke for the first time.
11/12/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Anelaan
I feel like everyone is collectively having the same moment I did when I first tried the demo for Detective Pikachu and my brain stopped functioning when he spoke for the first time.

Wait, there was a Detective pikachu game?!? God I now feel old.
The writing actualy looks pretty fun but I've been against a live action Pokemon film from the getgo because I don't think there's a good way to translate their designs realistically. It always comes out looking bad.

Like that !@#$lypuff.

edit why is !@#$lypuff censored

11/12/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Saiphas
Wait, there was a Detective pikachu game?!? God I now feel old.

Yeah it's what the movie's based on. Came out like, 2 years ago?
11/12/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Reignac

They know what you've been doing with those puffs Reignac. Don't try to deny it!
11/12/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Reignac
The writing actualy looks pretty fun but I've been against a live action Pokemon film from the getgo because I don't think there's a good way to translate their designs realistically. It always comes out looking bad.

Like that !@#$lypuff.

I've spent enough time on the internet that a few hollywood designs aren't going to come close to the nightmare fuel some people have been posting as "realistic" for years.

That Mr. Mime is really damn close though.
I like the realistic Bulbasaurs, but Bulbasaur is also one of my favorite starters. That's pretty much the only "live" Pokémon I'm sold on so far. Pikachu was cute for that half second when it just made Pikachu noises.

Also, the models for Psyduck and Greninja are terrifying...
https://mobile.twitter.com/joshuayehl/status/1062031893506383872
Hey so... I've heard some terrible news. Stan Lee passed away today.

I actually feel more gutted than I thought I would. I knew it would happen soon, it just happened so suddenly.

For the man who helped create so many iconic super heroes of my developmental years, rest well.
11/12/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Ximothy
Stan Lee passed away today.

It's a somber moment for sure. He was a pretty cool dude.

11/12/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Ximothy
I knew it would happen soon, it just happened so suddenly.

It's almost always sudden.
Apparently that one dude who got got pseudo famous a few years back for his “realistic(horrifying)” Pokémon design series on deviantart got hired on for the designs on this movie.

Also Gardevoir better be in this movie!
The new forum "Trust levels" that allow you to post more often (???) if you post things that Blizzard corporate agrees with sound horrifying to me.

You can be banned from Overwatch and it's forums if they find out you post things on facebook or youtube that Blizzard disagrees with. So you better not upvote any Trump memes on facebook or you will never be allowed to post on the WOW forums again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/01/29/blizzard-courts-controversy-with-new-overwatch-anti-toxicity-measures/
11/12/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Hahahahahaha
The new forum "Trust levels" that allow you to post more often (???) if you post things that Blizzard corporate agrees with sound horrifying to me

The rollout of the new forum system will coincide with a restructuring of Blizzard's management team into four primary groups or ministries.

The Ministry of Peace will be in charge of writing the neverending faction conflict that will be the primary feature of all WoW expansions from now until the sun swells up and swallows the planet.

The Ministry of Plenty will coordinate marketing to keep people subscribed during the 12 month content gaps between future expansions.

The Ministry of Truth will curate forum threads to ensure that fake news about Blizzard's properties are not allowed to fester in the public eye.

The Ministry of Love will be in charge of bans and other punitive sanctions that Blizzard can level at community members whose trust levels fall too low.
11/12/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Éamon
The Ministry of Truth will curate forum threads to ensure that fake news about Blizzard's properties are not allowed to fester in the public eye.

The Ministry of Love will be in charge of bans and other punitive sanctions that Blizzard can level at community members whose trust levels fall too low.

There was never any backlash against Diablo! All video suggesting otherwise is fake news constructed by russian bots! Everything is wonderful, now could it not be?!