Story Forum Community Lounge 146

Story Forum
Prev 1 10 11 12
11/12/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Reignac
Pokemon was a mistake.

It seems fun and minus Ryan Reynold's Im all in.
California needs some rain. If only there was a way for the states that get too much rain or too much snow to send us some of it. We'd get Hollywood to stop being evil; well, we'll do our best.
11/14/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Danseis
California needs some rain. If only there was a way for the states that get too much rain or too much snow to send us some of it. We'd get Hollywood to stop being evil; well, we'll do our best.

Hollywood!

Hollywood always up to no good!
We also need to dump large amounts of powdered iron into the Ocean in order to increase the number of Photosynthesising Plankton to combat Climate Change!
11/14/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
We also need to dump large amounts of powdered iron into the Ocean in order to increase the number of Photosynthesising Plankton to combat Climate Change!
All I'm hearing is that you want to make sea monsters stronger. I stand with you!
Woot, the authors for What if it's us, (Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli) was in the Philippines and got them to sign my copy.(and also my copy of Simon vs the !@#$ Sapien Agenda/They both die at the end)
Oh, yuck! Just saw that the Warcraft forums are getting switched over to the new style soon. I've been dreading that :/

I have been linked to the Overwatch forums a few times to look over patch changes, and the style just doesn't appeal to me. On Blizzard's end, and for most users, I imagine it will be an improvement, but I'm an old hag. Classic forums like this one are just... comfortable, for me. Separate pages for easy reference, everything in chronological order instead of nested replies... sure, a lot of it is unwieldy and not up to modern standards, but it's just what I'm used to.

Also not a big fan of public "likes". I'm sort of... a serial thumbs-upper here. Especially when I'm lurking, which I've done here for literally years, since the Story Forums were instated. Maybe it's superficial, but I don't like the idea of, I don't know, people knowing I'm lurking?

I can't quite put it into words, but I prefer the quietness of the current system. I can peacefully "take part" in the wonderful conversations here without necessarily putting myself out there. I'm a pretty anxious Pandaren! The forums advertising my every move is going to paralyze me with nerves. Like, what impression does it give when I like this post, but not this one? Will I come off like a creepy stalker? Will I seem biased? Blech!

Unfortunately, it may lead to a cessation of my posting here. Get a bit of a lump in my throat thinking about it. You guys have been great! From the Cataclysm Lordaeron meltdowns to the Horde Nightborne meltdowns, and every meltdown in between. Especially since I've started posting, and personally interacted with so many of you wonderful folks! It's been an absolute pleasure.

Gahhhh. It's frustrating! Kuyashii! Hopefully I can shake off the moss and actually roll with changes, for once. I don't want to lose another community to the ravages of time.

Sorry if that was a weird thing to rant about. In other, lighter news, the Total War Warhammer 2 DLC I was hyped about a few pages back came out recently. It's just as fun as I'd hoped! I've already played many hours of a new campaign. The pirate mechanics are a lot of fun, and the zombified creatures are right up my alley! I especially love the giant rotting boat mecha -- it's stuffed with writhing zombies :D
You know something is bad when Hanashi doesn't like it.
Forum shutdown in 10min. It was nice knowing you all!

My btag is Dawn btw, just in case it's account posting instead of character posting. Maybe someone should make a "Who is who from the old forum" thread but I think character posting may stay for WoW since it's connected to armory and all.
11/15/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Hanashi
Also not a big fan of public "likes". I'm sort of... a serial thumbs-upper here. Especially when I'm lurking, which I've done here for literally years, since the Story Forums were instated. Maybe it's superficial, but I don't like the idea of, I don't know, people knowing I'm lurking?
You can turn it off in settings in the new forum and just lurk :)

It's in Preferences - > interfaces -> Other
https://i.imgur.com/7ls8t7K.png
11/15/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Hanashi
I'm actually for public likes. I often upvote people attacking me...if they are funny about it. I'd like them to know I approve of their witty banter.

On the other hand, there could be an ugly situation of "Oh of course person X upvoted person Y just like they always do! They are brigading fanboys!"