Best HUNTER SPEC

Hunter
10/26/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Aynrand
10/26/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Moonuredps
Who cares about logs, just parse well and you will be fine.

Ummm, logs ARE the parse... You cannot not care about logs and know if you are parsing well or not.

What did you really mean to mean here?

Us being bottom on the overall mythic logs for example.

If you grey parse then obviously you could be easily replaced since you're playing your class at the skill of a window licker.

If you purple parse every or most fights I doubt your raid leader cares where your spec falls on the overall logs vs all classes.

You show up do mechanics, dont die and parse well I bet you have a raid spot. Hes not kicking you because a lock applies to the guild but affliction is the top caster spec.

Big difference where you fall on the overall logs and how well you parse in raids.
both are about the same it depends what you want hard time being melee in dungeons and pvp or easy ranged on the move caster....bm for me.
Let me break it down for you. There are only 2 hunter specs now. MM and BM. Survival no longer exists, it has been changed into an emo kid melee class. No OG hunter is going to play survival.

So that leaves you MM and BM.

BM relies on autoshot and pet for damage. Since BM can't kite anymore due to every single melee class having multiple ways to close gap and constant snares.... good luck with autoshot Pet is buggy as heck and isn't able to perform its role 50% of the time. So as BM you will be beat consistently by any competent players.

MM is a train wreck. It has been convoluted and twisted so much that it is a broken mess.

Hunter is dead.
10/29/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Alerka
Let me break it down for you. There are only 2 hunter specs now. MM and BM. Survival no longer exists, it has been changed into an emo kid melee class. No OG hunter is going to play survival.
Hi, I'm OG and I play SV.

BM relies on autoshot and pet for damage. Since BM can't kite anymore due to every single melee class having multiple ways to close gap and constant snares.... good luck with autoshot Pet is buggy as heck and isn't able to perform its role 50% of the time. So as BM you will be beat consistently by any competent players.

MM is a train wreck. It has been convoluted and twisted so much that it is a broken mess.

Hunter is dead.

Been playing several hunter characters since vanilla and I love survival. If anyone sounds emo, it's you.
10/29/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Whim
Hi, I'm OG and I play SV.

No, you are a lvl 1 warrior with zero achievements. Cool story bro.
10/29/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Lavivrus

Hunter is dead.

Been playing several hunter characters since vanilla and I love survival. If anyone sounds emo, it's you.

Considering you can go to any census site and see that nobody is playing survival, your opinion is marginally relevant.
No, you are a lvl 1 warrior. Cool story bro.
You cannot even get the level right. Stop trying so hard.

10/29/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Alerka
Considering you can go to any census site and see that nobody is playing survival, your opinion is marginally relevant.
Very few are so anti-SV, I am talk about maybe a fraction. Please just stop trying so hard. It's pathetic levels you are swimming in.
10/29/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Whim
No, you are a lvl 1 warrior. Cool story bro.
You cannot even get the level right. Stop trying so hard.

Very few are so anti-SV, I am talk about maybe a fraction. Please just stop trying so hard. It's pathetic levels you are swimming in.

level 0 warrior = irrelevant opinions
...You cannot even get the level right. Stop trying so hard.

...Very few are so anti-SV, I am talk about maybe a fraction. Please just stop trying so hard. It's pathetic levels you are swimming in.

You don’t have to be a level 120 glad player to see how emo you are , whining on literally every thread on stuff you know nothing about.
SV and BM are both very good. While MM is just bad.

Also a lot of people are playing SV. Sv is one of the top dps in the raid currently. Sv just fun. Heck, I find SV easy then BM and BM one of the easy spec in game.
10/29/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Lavivrus

This has nothing to do with SV being bad or boring though. If anything it's one of the most fun specs. It's largely because ranged dps slots are easier to find so as a BM you're not competing for a spot with the hilariously busted classes like DH and Rogue. That's all there is to it. People like to run content and many guilds will gently suggest their players to switch to BM to run content.

SV is still loads of fun and very solid mechanically and aside from a few extremely vocal people, largely accepted by the community. I do agree it has some identity and fantasy issues but honestly, it could be worse.
10/24/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Orangesilk
BM has lower dps

Beg to differ.. all how u play. I beat our SV hunter who is 5 ilvls above me often.

10/25/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Mofuggaz
MM is the worst spec in the game.

So sad and very true.

10/26/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
Right now it's pulling it weight it was better a month ago,3 months from now assuming no changes we will be flirting with bottom

Sadly true..
...You cannot even get the level right. Stop trying so hard.

...Very few are so anti-SV, I am talk about maybe a fraction. Please just stop trying so hard. It's pathetic levels you are swimming in.

You must be new here. All well, your posts are worthless and hold no value to anyone. You are not even entertaining and quite frankly you post like it's scripted.
10/25/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Trollinhobos
10/25/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Mofuggaz
Survival scales with content BM doesn't.

Survival is amazing at pvp BM is slightly below average.

MM is the worst spec in the game.

This is the easiest decision of your life.

Survival is melee and BM is ranged.
You're right, it is an easy choice. ;)

indeed. ranged is gross
10/29/2018 11:47 PMPosted by Rosenoa
Also a lot of people are playing SV.

https://tagn.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/wow-legion-sales-numbers-stacked-up-against-past-launches/

23,000 Normal parses versus 181,000 for Beast Mastery and 20,000 for Marksmanship.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4

49,000 Heroic parses versus 445,000 for Beast Mastery and 30,000 for Marksmanship.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#

6,000 Mythic parses versus 87,000 for Beast Mastery and 3,000 for Marksmanship.

Maybe 10x as many as played Legion Survival but is 5th least played despite having really good DPS over Demo, Marks, Feral, and Subtlety.
In pve we have an expiration date we simply don't scale at all with every jump in ilvl we fall further down the charts.

10/26/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
Right now it's pulling it weight it was better a month ago,3 months from now assuming no changes we will be flirting with bottom.

I disagree. It's all about how you play your Azerite gear. High ilevel with BM doesn't mean high DPS. If your items are high ilevel but with LOL Azerite traits and freaking weaksauce trinkets, you would have the worst DPS. Like the gear of Mofuggaz, if he uses Retaliatory Fury, Incite the Pack and Battlefield Focus Azerite traits on PVE , he would be destroyed on PvE DPS. These freaking traits doesn't buff much your PET. BM's pet is BM's weapon. Yeah, also, there are gabillions of trinkets out there that performs better than his current trinkets.

Get 3x Pack Leader (not 1 or 2) and adjust your spec or 3x Primal Instinct (not 1 or 2) with better trinkets and tell me if your DPS still sucks.

I am just casual. Of course you would see me wearing ilevel 359 when I am using Dungeon Finder but when I am inside the raid or Mythic +, I wear the right gear only ilevel 355 but the Azerite traits and trinkets are correct. Yeah, I can outdps people with higher ilevel than me.
10/30/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Cognyack
10/29/2018 11:47 PMPosted by Rosenoa
Also a lot of people are playing SV.

https://tagn.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/wow-legion-sales-numbers-stacked-up-against-past-launches/

23,000 Normal parses versus 181,000 for Beast Mastery and 20,000 for Marksmanship.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4

49,000 Heroic parses versus 445,000 for Beast Mastery and 30,000 for Marksmanship.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#

6,000 Mythic parses versus 87,000 for Beast Mastery and 3,000 for Marksmanship.

Maybe 10x as many as played Legion Survival but is 5th least played despite having really good DPS over Demo, Marks, Feral, and Subtlety.
Ever think that most SV Hunters are PvPers?

Hunter is dead.

Laughing because this douche is specced survival now.
your opinion is marginally relevant.

Speak for yourself.

Survival, whether you like it or not, is one of not just this class's but this expansion's most well-designed specs. The general consensus is that it is fun to play. The 'elitist' kids like you think it's bad because you're still butthurt about them changing it into a melee spec so you spend your time on the forums taking any chance you can to talk crap about this spec. I played Hunter a bit in vanilla, and mained Survival in Cata when it was, imo, at its strongest. I do not miss old Survival, because the new version is more unique and fun to play for me.