Feral pvp changes for 8.1

Druid
PVP CHANGES:

1) CYCLONE IS BACK =)

2) It looks like "Protector of the Grove" and "Tooth and Claw" are being combined, and changed a little. New talent "Heart of the Wild": When using Regrowth on an ally the initial heal will always have a critical effect and the cast time of Regrowth will be reduced by 50% for 6 sec. Maximum health while in Bear Form increased by 15% and you gain 5 Rage when attacked in Bear Form. You also learn: Enraged Maul Maul the target for 8% of the target's maximum health in Physical damage.

3) "King of the Jungle": damage increase was changed to healing received, and is at 5% per stack instead of 3%.

4) New talent "Leader of the Pack": While in Cat Form, you increase the melee and ranged critical chance of all allies within 40 yards by 5%. Leader of the Pack also causes affected targets to heal themselves for 4% of their maximum health when they critically hit with a melee or ranged attack. The healing effect cannot occur more than once every 6 sec.

5) "Savage Momentum" now reduces the remaining cooldown of Tiger's Fury, Survival Instincts, and Stampeding Roar by 10 sec, instead of resetting Tiger's Fury.

Cyclone back is a huge positive change. Thank you, Bliz! Will comment on rest when I'm back at pc.

What are everyone else's thoughts?
hopefully cyclone will help deal with those rogues, ugh.. need some kinda breathing room to setup and turn the fight..
10/26/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Fixedwing
hopefully cyclone will help deal with those rogues, ugh.. need some kinda breathing room to setup and turn the fight..

I think it will. And some of these other changes will also help.

I'm planning to rock the new PotG + T&C talent as well as the new KotJ if I'm getting focused.
10/27/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Leadbelly
10/26/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Fixedwing

I think it will. And some of these other changes will also help.

I'm planning to rock the new PotG + T&C talent as well as the new KotJ if I'm getting focused.

ya me too, sounds good for survival
I'm guessing they felt Savage Momentum was too strong - seems like a decent balance from having our dps cooldown avail more often to having more access to SI & StR.
I'm looking forward to some tasty crits when I'm specc'd guardian and a feral is on my team running LotP.
10/29/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Oats
I'm looking forward to some tasty crits when I'm specc'd guardian and a feral is on my team running LotP.

You think Lotp will be that good?
LoTP will at least give feral a niche in RBGs. Currently there is no reason whatsoever to take a feral druid over a balance druid for RBG.
Will Cyclone be able to be cast with OoC procs?
10/31/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Indrct

I don't think it worked with OoC when we did have clone either.
10/31/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Leadbelly
10/31/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Indrct

I don't think it worked with OoC when we did have clone either.

Yeah, long time removed, but we could. I haven't played Druid in a very long time. It probably won't though, as it was a talent you had to take. It was available until Cata - I believe the name was Predatory Swiftness.
We still have predatory swiftness. It's what let's us instant cast our regrowths and roots after finishers.

No cyclone does not work with PS now and honestly that's a good thing.
It should work with ps ...
It would be nice if cyclone worked with predator swiftness. That's another great step to the little survival we already have in pvp, while some might cry overpowered, it will be based on situational and whether you can build combo points. Look at rogues, magic immunes, vanish, silence, blind, and to think they get all that baseline. Ya.. if anything needs to be taken down a notch, it's them.

Rogues are the most comfortable class to pvp with since it will carry mistakes made within the openings and rotations, while all we ask for is a fair chance to stand a chance. It almost feels like favortism to see how some classes stay obviously stronger than others and nothing gets done about it, just like they make balances in favor of the competitive scene mostly in overwatch instead for the entire community. It's disgusting.
I tried to finish off a rogue on my feral during 2s.. I was unaware the amount of stuns and CC they had. I got away 4 times but never enough to reset, yet the rogue kept dumping on me. Might be a l2p issue but rogues for me are incredibly difficult if I don't have all my CDs

@OP
Root into cyclone is gonna be pretty nice. Other than that I don't know how often I'll be able to free cast. I get trained pretty hard and every spare second I get away I heal. I'll need to adjust to cloning
11/01/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Raghavikk
I tried to finish off a rogue on my feral during 2s.. I was unaware the amount of stuns and CC they had. I got away 4 times but never enough to reset, yet the rogue kept dumping on me. Might be a l2p issue but rogues for me are incredibly difficult if I don't have all my CDs

@OP
Root into cyclone is gonna be pretty nice. Other than that I don't know how often I'll be able to free cast. I get trained pretty hard and every spare second I get away I heal. I'll need to adjust to cloning

You're almost never going to be able to hard cast cyclone against any decent comp while being pressured, guaranteed, most of your clones will come from PS rooting, gaining distance, then hardcasting and hoping they dont have trinket or something to get out of cyclone and yes, rogues are overloaded, always have been, it' might be a learn to play issue, but they are ridiculous in pvp for a reason. They can reset the fight at their own leisure if things do not go their way.
They'll never let us ps-cast clone again. I'd love to have that back but it's not happening.

Assn Rogues are op AF. We all know that. The nice thing about clone is that if we cast it we can draw out an interrupt or silence that was meant for our healer.

I can't wait to clone people that blow their offensive cds.
Instant clone would be crazy OP, when we had it before it made us super hard to balance but there was a lot more CC in the game at the time with a lot less stuff DRing together.

Hard casting in someone's face may not really be a thing, but tbh we kite and create distance a lot currently. It will also let us chain our own CC from bashing. Also in current situations for FMP for example, if they kick you they aren't kicking your mages polys/rings/gpyros or priests MC and/or damage. Really it's just adding some more stuff the enemy team will have to worry about.

Once again, Ferals skill level will depend on their Cyclone usage. Remember that the game is all about cross CC. If your partners are already landing CC then it'll be easier for you to land yours. Cyclone will be awesome for peeling, especially when the enemy has CDs up like mentioned in an above post. Cyclone is incredibly strong since it is a solid CC to place on dps without real risk of it getting dispelled.

I'm really looking forward to this, though I wish our damage was more bleed based again so the majority of our damage was happening while we were using our utility.
11/01/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Pidooma
Instant clone would be crazy OP, when we had it before it made us super hard to balance but there was a lot more CC in the game at the time with a lot less stuff DRing together.

Hard casting in someone's face may not really be a thing, but tbh we kite and create distance a lot currently. It will also let us chain our own CC from bashing. Also in current situations for FMP for example, if they kick you they aren't kicking your mages polys/rings/gpyros or priests MC and/or damage. Really it's just adding some more stuff the enemy team will have to worry about.

Once again, Ferals skill level will depend on their Cyclone usage. Remember that the game is all about cross CC. If your partners are already landing CC then it'll be easier for you to land yours. Cyclone will be awesome for peeling, especially when the enemy has CDs up like mentioned in an above post. Cyclone is incredibly strong since it is a solid CC to place on dps without real risk of it getting dispelled.

I'm really looking forward to this, though I wish our damage was more bleed based again so the majority of our damage was happening while we were using our utility.

Wait, cyclone doesn't count as magic and can't be removed other than trinket right? Was never sure about that. I also agree with the bleed focus sempai, would be great.
11/01/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Xvalentina
11/01/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Pidooma

Wait, cyclone doesn't count as magic and can't be removed other than trinket right? Was never sure about that. I also agree with the bleed focus sempai, would be great.

Clone can be mass dispelled, that's about it outside of trinket.