1st m boss easier than heroic, good or bad

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Title is supposed to be “is it good or bad that the 1st boss on mythic is easier than the last boss on heroic?” Character limit prevented me from typing it.

For a very, very, long time the 1st boss in mythic has been easier than the last boss on heroic. (Argus aside) Is that good or bad?

I feel like the 2 biggest advantages are that it lets people ease into mythic, especially if they are trying to make a step up from heroic and just barely making the 20 man requirement. The other advantage is the way a first boss would be made to be harder very likely would be to ramp the tuning up sky high. Enough mythic only mechanics couldn’t be added to the pre existing fight.

The biggest disadvantage I see is that it just doesn’t make sense. Mythic is supposed to be harder than heroic but the first boss, and sometimes the second, on mythic is easier than the last boss on heroic.
It really makes you wonder what the point of having seperate difficulties is if they're not actually seperate.
I think they want the first boss to be "free gear" to help you for the next bosses.

Tomb of Sargeras was the worst offender with 3 joke bosses. Mythic Harjatan was just LOL.

But yeah, Mythic should be harder than Heroic.
10/27/2018 01:32 AMPosted by PlayerKZVLQH
It really makes you wonder what the point of having seperate difficulties is if they're not actually seperate.

The bosses after the first 1 or 2 are generally harder than the last boss on heroic. Zek’voz for instance.

Part of the Problem is how do you make the first couple of bosses on mythic harder than the last boss on heroic?

It’s either ramp up the tuning extremely high or add a lot more mechanics. It feels strange that the first couple of bosses are easier than last on heroic but that’s pretty common in games with multiple difficulties.

There’s only so much you can add to the first bosses.

Ramping up the tuning could work but I don’t know if there’s a sweet spot where it’s harder in tuning than heroic finale but not Fetid Devourer level of dps check.
10/27/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Ningjïng
10/27/2018 01:32 AMPosted by PlayerKZVLQH

The bosses after the first 1 or 2 are generally harder than the last boss on heroic. Zek’voz for instance.

Part of the Problem is how do you make the first couple of bosses on mythic harder than the last boss on heroic?

It’s either ramp up the tuning extremely high or add a lot more mechanics. It feels strange that the first couple of bosses are easier than last on heroic but that’s pretty common in games with multiple difficulties.

There’s only so much you can add to the first bosses.

Ramping up the tuning could work but I don’t know if there’s a sweet spot where it’s harder in tuning than heroic finale but not Fetid Devourer level of dps check.
The problem isn't just tuning up the first mythic bosses, it's also tuning down the last heroic boss. If the first mythic bosses were a tad harder and the last heroic was a tad easier, it'd make a world of difference and the difficulties more distinct.
Because a final boss should be incredibly difficult as part of their final boss status so in my opinion it makes perfect sense for heroic final bosses to be harder then the first mythic

(If that first mythic is easier then the last 3 or so bosses though that's a problem)
10/29/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Windlnk
Because a final boss should be incredibly difficult as part of their final boss status so in my opinion it makes perfect sense for heroic final bosses to be harder then the first mythic

(If that first mythic is easier then the last 3 or so bosses though that's a problem)
Wasn't mythic supposed to be the "incredibly difficult" option, not heroic? Why are the lines blurred? It'd be like saying normal g'huun should be much harder because it's the last boss.
The raid spans such a large stretch of complexity and difficulty that it's not surprising the opposite ends overlap between difficulties. And that's fine.
I would honestly argue that if a group can kill normal Taloc, they can more than likely kill mythic Taloc, when the difficulty level is that insanely low, it's an issue
Numbers-wise, probably, but the coordination gate isn't so clear-cut. Normal Taloc is borderline tank and spank and can be done easily in a pug. Heroic almost requires outside chat to coordinate working around elevator beams, mainly for the sake of tanks who can't afford to be hanging out near the edge and looking down all the time. Mythic is best handled with a coordinated healing CD schedule for the big stack/spread nuke -- you can do without, but it's not pretty, and you'll likely need to overload healers to pump people back up fast enough that they're not going to die on the next round of debuffs, sacrificing DPS and dragging the fight into risky length.
It's because difficulties go LFR->NORMAL->HEROIC->MYTHIC->10MAN CONTENT
10 man heroic is way harder than 20 man Mythic.

TWENTY TWO(22) 10 man Heroic G'huun kills world wide.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#metric=progress&difficulty=4&search=size.10.10&boss=2122&page=1
10/31/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Yam

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#metric=progress&difficulty=4&search=size.10.10&boss=2122&page=1

I would attribute that to the fact that most people aren't going into 10 man heroic in the first place rather then it being obvertuned
10/26/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Ningjinq
Title is supposed to be “is it good or bad that the 1st boss on mythic is easier than the last boss on heroic?” Character limit prevented me from typing it.

For a very, very, long time the 1st boss in mythic has been easier than the last boss on heroic. (Argus aside) Is that good or bad?

I feel like the 2 biggest advantages are that it lets people ease into mythic, especially if they are trying to make a step up from heroic and just barely making the 20 man requirement. The other advantage is the way a first boss would be made to be harder very likely would be to ramp the tuning up sky high. Enough mythic only mechanics couldn’t be added to the pre existing fight.

The biggest disadvantage I see is that it just doesn’t make sense. Mythic is supposed to be harder than heroic but the first boss, and sometimes the second, on mythic is easier than the last boss on heroic.

Raid bosses are suppose to be like steps with gradual progression in difficulty. Such as Taloc being easier than zul on same difficulty. In the end first boss is always easy and you're already probably out gearing the damage /healing required for mythic Taloc if you're this far into Uldir
10/31/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Yam

Highly doubtful.. You have more 20-man Mythic clears simply because Mythic is set to 20man while the vast majority of heroic groups go with groups larger than 10.

I agree 10man Heroic is indeed harder than for larger groups due to how some boss mechanics scale, at the top of my head Zul, G'hunn, and even Vectis are examples of this. Vectis actually got tuned for smaller groups a few weeks after launch, my guild had already killed it with a small group though (probably not 10 man but 12-14), it's been a couple of months since that and we are just about to start progression on M Vectis so I think Mythic is clearly harder.

In general Mythic is so much harder than Heroic that easily offsets the group-size limitations, except for the first 2-3 bosses that are usually Free loot in Mythic.