Help! I'm enjoying BFA! What am I doing wrong?

General Discussion
Guys I need your help...

I'm a big fan of Vanilla and played the socks of it and BC. Played every expansion since and liked some more than others. MoP did make me a bit frowny face...

I'm definitely looking forward to Classic, but I have a major problem. I like Battle for Azeroth.

Now I am noticing that according to popular YouTubers and the majority of the opinion on these forums, that I am not supposed to like this game because it is terrible. But I can't help it!

I really enjoy running around the open world with Warmode, which I feel is one of the best additions to WoW, well, ever! I start or join custom pvp groups of other sick people like me who also enjoy the game and raid the opposing faction's city. I enjoy this so much that I made another alliance druid and now raid the Horde too.

Mythic dungeons are pretty cool--I like that there is content for casual people who still want challenging content. I haven't done alot of 5 mans because Warmode takes up most my time.

I know I am supposed to hate Azerite armor, and I'll be honest it does suck, but what is nice is how gear seems to work in this expansion. Getting a new piece of gear (especially in pvp) is nice and all, but it's not something I need to worry about too much--I can just play the game and be competitive. It was fun because I got a couple friends into world PVP now and our gear is trash but we still clean up.

The world is incredibly beautiful and I guess I am broken because I feel the world quests are just there to add a little spark and life to the world and don't obsess about doing them. I feel that way about all the content in BFA. I just play the game to have fun. I know that is wrong, but I can't help it.

I liked the Suramar quests in Legion, and I like how they have been reimagined with the War Campaign. It's a little too similar on Horde and Alliance at times, but overall I am enjoying it. I just log on and do it when it pops up but I don't stress about it.

All in all BFA seems to make modern WoW "work" for me. It was a little clunky from halfway through Wrath through MoP for me, and at times I had to take a break, but I'll be keeping my sub as long as there are people running around for me to growl at and moonfire...

...that is, unless you can get me medical help so I can start hating this game like I'm supposed to.

Peace :)
I like this expac also .

I dont care about AZ gear that is getting some clowns bent out of shape I just look at it as some new spell or ability i get just from playing the game when i earn a new level to unlock
10/27/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Moonboomoom
I know I am supposed to hate Azerite armor, and I'll be honest it does suck

Well okay as long as you know it sucks.
Not doing anything wrong. Everyone likes something different! Like some people really like fishing. They like sitting there on their computer chair, playing a virtual fishing game.

Are those people wrong? Maybe. Maybe they are wrong because fishing is for boring.

But you're not wrong OP. Nor are those weird fishers.

If you're having fun that's all that counts. Unless you're having too much fun. Too much fun is a problem, so aim for 65% fun.
You must have inhaled too much Azerite
Fishing is for NPCs. Stop fishing.
Make me! I'll beat you with my dead-murloc-on-a-stick fishing pole, you heathen!
If you are not trolling... Good for you then!

Why all the sarcasm though?
It is clear what you are doing wrong. You are spending too much time playing and enjoying the game when you should be on the forums breathing in the toxic fumes!

"Breath in the toxicity of the forums. Let the anger and hatred flow through you!"
-Nzothyboi
If you have played since vanilla you are supposed to have hated the game since at least Cata but are allowed to have sort of liked Legion because of the challenges of Mythic+ but only if you were doing 20+ keys, I guess...
10/27/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Brahmina
Fishing is for NPCs. Stop fishing.
Make me! I'll beat you with my dead-murloc-on-a-stick fishing pole, you heathen!

Hehe, that's how I always refer to my fishing pole. Nice that it still works well in BfA. I can only fish like 10 minutes at a time but fishy foods have been pretty useful so no complaints here.

No complaints for anything in BfA, actually. I'm enjoying it too.
What are you doing wrong? You are thinking for yourself which is quite right. :)
Did you try playing badly?
Circus let out early tonight?

EDIT: Blizzard PTA meeting.
OP if you like the game then you aren't doing anything wrong.

Maybe just stay out of the WoW forums so you keep liking the game?
Remember that the opinions expressed on the forums are not considered indicative of how happy most people are with BFA.

People come to forums to complain. People generally do not come to forums to say they are happy.
I like how whenever someone makes a thread about how they're enjoying bfa they're extremely snarky, throw a ton of shade and come off as very passive-aggressive. If you're enjoying the game, good for you. Nothing else needs to be said regarding the subject.
10/27/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Momimfotm
I like how whenever someone makes a thread about how they're enjoying bfa they're extremely snarky, throw a ton of shade and come off as very passive-aggressive. If you're enjoying the game, good for you. Nothing else needs to be said regarding the subject.
It's really like how people look like they're enjoying themselves in commercials...
So this guy likes warmode like pvp servers didn’t exist, likes the BFA islands. Anything else I didn’t really catch about what he liked about BFA so much. Seemed like a long post with no meaning. Glad you’re happy though. Lol
I don't think you're doing anything wrong OP. Have fun! :)
10/27/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Momimfotm
Funny how that works, eh?

@OP, I’m glad you’re having fun and wouldn’t have it otherwise but a lot of people aren’t and your fun doesn’t invalidate their complaints.

People aren’t complaining because they hate WoW, they’re complaining because they love it and don’t want to see it go down the tubes.

Okay, some are just complaining to complain, but some people are very passionate about what they see as the slow decline of WoW.

Something to think about.