Fury better than Arms 90% of the time?

Warrior
It seems like Fury outperforms Arms in pretty much every situation:

Single target - Fury is a clear winner here.

Multiple target sustained - gotta give this one to Fury as well.

Multiple target burst - okay, Arms takes the cake here. Warbreaker + Bladestorm is a nice combo.

Mobility - Fury if specced into it.

Survivability - Fury has more sustained self healing that helps during prolonged fights, while Arms has Die by the Sword, which is kind of an "oh !@#$" button. I'd say Fury has it better in the long run.

Ease of rotation - please, Fury is 3 buttons.

I personally see absolutely no reason whatsoever to play Arms. Which is a shame, considering how much fun it was in Legion.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
Maybe because you like it? I happen to love Arms and have no inclination to go Fury at all. To each his own
10/28/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Mortis
It seems like Fury outperforms Arms in pretty much every situation:

Single target - Fury is a clear winner here.

Multiple target sustained - gotta give this one to Fury as well.

Multiple target burst - okay, Arms takes the cake here. Warbreaker + Bladestorm is a nice combo.

Mobility - Fury if specced into it.

Survivability - Fury has more sustained self healing that helps during prolonged fights, while Arms has Die by the Sword, which is kind of an "oh !@#$" button. I'd say Fury has it better in the long run.

I personally see absolutely no reason whatsoever to play Arms. Which is a shame, considering how much fun it was in Legion.

Incorrect. Arms has better burst than Fury, not just AoE burst. And Fury hardly has better mobility than Arms (Really, nobody specs into Barbarian...ever...it's bad...)
The only mobility Fury has over Arms is thirst for battle which is strong, but Arms doesn't have much issue with uptime anyway unless you're against a Mage or Hunter, or someone really dedicated to kiting you.

Based on your points I assume you're talking about PvE, because in PvP, Arms does almost everything better than Fury, except the mobility I mentioned and the self sustain, which is irrelevant if you have a healer. While they may be equally as competitive in 2s, I believe that is solely because of Fury's self healing capabilities. But in 3s and RBGs, Fury and Arms aren't even close.
It seems like Arms outperforms Fury in pretty much every situation

Fixed that for you, champ.
I only play fury for questing do to self healing and arms for all group content.

dont honestly know what performs better where that's just how I've always done it
10/28/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Worldwarczar
I only play fury for questing do to self healing and arms for all group content.

dont honestly know what performs better where that's just how I've always done it

Self healing? Do you even know what second wind is?
Single target - Fury is a clear winner here

This is almost the only correct thing in the post.

Multiple target sustained - gotta give this one to Fury as well

4+5 targets, yes. It's a tie at 3, and arms wins 2 and 6+.

Wow, another correct statement. Nice combo kind of undersells the highest aoe burst in the game.

Mobility - Fury if specced into it

I don't even pvp and I know barbarian is a terrible option.

Depends on what you're surviving. Arms has Dstance or Second Wind, which are both stupidly strong in situations that they can take advantage of them. There's more than a few scenarios where bloodthirst healing is weaker than Dstance and/or SW.

Please, arms is mortal strike.

I personally see absolutely no reason whatsoever to play Arms. Which is a shame, considering how much fun it was in Legion

A lot of people prefer the new design of arms, it's pretty popular. I personally main fury, but arms is hands down stronger on 5/8 bosses in Uldir, and ties on the other three. They're pretty much equal with us in all other content.

Probably not, but it's certainly not the majority opinion.
I run second wind all the time. Nothing like stun+run+full health. Cant get away with it all the time but i have clutched more than a few arena games like that.

I would still love to try fury though.
Fury pvp is for people who are bad at arms. But I do enjoy mashing buttons as fury tho.
Arms is garbage. Warbreaker then Bladestorm, then pretend you are DPSing while you wait for Bladestorm to refresh.
I like fury. It’s more fun for me, but I’d rather tank. Arms is fun to see the huge numbers though.

PvP? I don’t participate. Turned war mode off after the first week or so.
10/28/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Bgored
Arms is garbage. Warbreaker then Bladestorm, then pretend you are DPSing while you wait for Bladestorm to refresh.

Have you tried not being terrible?
OP is just wrong. He clearly stated 6 things and gave one to Arms and 5 divided by 6 is only 83%.

#rekt

This is why I can't stand Fury since WoD. (unsubbed then, recent resub)

I was spoiled with MoP fury, the rotation was both smooth and required some attention.

This new fury is just to button mashy for my liking, arms seems to require more attention, but it still too spammy for my liking.

Only pvp as Arms but it is in big need of any kind of self healing. Impending victory has never been considered great in its existence but then insist on that being the one healing talent they keep.. on the same tier as storm bolt...
10/29/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Hath
I was spoiled with MoP fury, the rotation was both smooth and required some attention.

?

Bloodthirst on cd. CS on CD. combo your CDs for big burst. Wild Strike with BS procs. HS to avoid capping rage. SB in CD window.

It was a simple, follow the step by step order rotation. How if that so much smoother than now, a playstyle based on reaction and playing in the priority?
I play fury Only in bgs/expeditions just for the self heal, but anywhere i'm sure to have a healer, I play arms, 'cus it's simply better (And plays arms since Cata) Fury have an enjoyable playstyle, but both pvp and pve...Arms is better. And yeah, arms survive more with a heal then a fury with a heal how d'we call that...Oh yeah : Defensive stance ( which makes dmg even more surpising with you take it off and burst down, I loved that one time when I did exacly this, and he druid try to cloned me, and I pre-Reflected just in case :) That poor enh shaman ...)
10/29/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Penguinjim

Have you tried not being terrible?

lol this.

Shhhh!
you're giving away my RBG strats
If you're doing 2s fury is strong. Toss up between arms and fury to which playstyle you like more

If you are doing 3s, arms is better by far.

In raiding, arms is better for cleaving adds. Better by far.

In m+, arms is better for the cleave. Slightly better but enough to make a difference over playstyle choice.
I have a much better time with Fury in 2s, simply because of my azerite traits and how high the item level on those pieces is. Rampages are hitting so hard I melt people. Games on Arms on the other hand tend to go on for longer and especially against hunter/mages I find myself struggling whereas Fury beats them down. 3s is a whole other ball game.

I find myself only playing Fury on Mother because we never get her to the last room and G'huun. Partially because of the damage that goes out in that fight during the last phase, I've found being able to heal myself counts more than having a strong execute. At least for now, once the boss is on farm I suppose I'll swap to Arms. The fights in Uldir are 6/8 designed specifically for Arms with strong cleave/executes.

I usually tank M+ but I would say that's where both specs (Fury / Arms) are most equal in my opinion. They add their own strengths to the group and which spec you choose will depend on your comp and the weekly affixes.