[Raid]Executioners Precision

Warrior
Is anyone using this to some success in a raiding setting?

Assuming you'd be using 2x EP + 1x AT/LM

Do you use sudden death instead of Skull splitter?

Changes in rotation?

Whats the deal
10/29/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Macius
Is anyone using this to some success in a raiding setting?

Obviously

Assuming you'd be using 2x EP + 1x AT/LM

Correct. Archive is better.

Do you use sudden death instead of Skull splitter?

No. Argument for it on Vectis, but typically no.

Changes in rotation?

You use Mortal Strike in execute at 2 stacks of the debuff.

Whats the deal

Reading the guides helps. Or looking at logs.
You know of a guide that gets down to the specifics on min/maxing EP particularly? Cause I don't

I'll admit I don't read logs because, to be honest, I don't know how to read them effectively. It's all just lines and numbers to me.

Majority of the people I see successfully raiding into mythic territory aren't using EP. Hence the question.

So if sudden death is not being used, the only effectiveness this trait gets is just from execute phase. After personally testing on dummies, I feel rage starved more often than not from using sudden death as opposed to skull splitter. Which is why I was wondering if rotation may change using SD to optimize the trait.

I don't main arms, and when I did it was purely stacking LoW. And you never feel rage starved between LoW + SP.

Feedback is appreciated. If you have a thread/site/log or w/e that may answer my questions in more detail, that'd be cool too.
10/29/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Macius
You know of a guide that gets down to the specifics on min/maxing EP particularly? Cause I don't

The Wowhead guide by Archi is up to date. He's out for a vacation at the moment, so Icyveins is a tad behind the times.

I'll admit I don't read logs because, to be honest, I don't know how to read them effectively. It's all just lines and numbers to me.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WkYQRqL2fTVGJjMx#fight=2&type=casts&source=15&view=timeline

This is his cast order, of his abilities.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WkYQRqL2fTVGJjMx#fight=2&view=replay

This is a replay, so you can see where he's moving/doing/dealing with. Useful on Taloc, for seeing when the boss is in phases 1, 2, and 3.

So if sudden death is not being used, the only effectiveness this trait gets is just from execute phase. After personally testing on dummies, I feel rage starved more often than not from using sudden death as opposed to skull splitter. Which is why I was wondering if rotation may change using SD to optimize the trait.

That's common. Rage gen is massively down without SkS, and charge weaving becomes, to an extent, mandatory.

I don't main arms, and when I did it was purely stacking LoW. And you never feel rage starved between LoW + SP.

LoW is a very good trait, arguably the second best for single target, and easily the best for AoE. Also the only trait in the game that stacks both numerically and effect.

Feedback is appreciated. If you have a thread/site/log or w/e that may answer my questions in more detail, that'd be cool too.

Already got you mate.
Very cool man. Appreciate it
Bump this to so every warrior can see it
the damage you get from monster MSs during Execute makes up for the lack of being useful when not...for most fights.

Tip, you can Sweeping Strikes EP from low adds on to the boss.
LoW is a very good trait, arguably the second best for single target, and easily the best for AoE. Also the only trait in the game that stacks both numerically and effect.

Not to mention the rage gen you get from it. I know that's factored into its value, but it just feels good from a playstyle perspective. I know I come across dry spells every now and then, but I've been running 2 LoWs for a long time now (mainly due to RNG) and I'm glad I have Skullsplitter for those, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm trying to find places to fit it into the rotation, I'm sure if I didn't have it I'd feel otherwise. I also like LoW because it's a well rounded trait, makes being useful at either scenario easy without any gear shuffling.

At the end of the day EP is really strong, but it's very niche. You're entirely prioritizing ST at that point (which might be the right thing to do) because it's practically worthless on AoE, and using it for cleave isn't going to do much either unless it's a boss with a health link (in which case abuse with extreme prejudice).
It’s good in raids vs bosses like taloc, zek, fetid, ghuun. I only have one trait and ms hits for 50k fully buffed crit. I’d imagine it be around 100k crits with 3 traits but you cant really trade out reorigination buff so 2 max.

Rotation should be 2x execute then ms while using overpower when low on rage.
I am still using skull splitter over sudden death. I find sudden death pretty underwhelming with its low proc chance and without skull splitter you get rage starved.
It’s pretty good overall and changes execute phase play style. I’d rate it 7/10