Keep Mythics out of Normal Content

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
It's the completing quest chains requiring anything more than a normal dungeon I resent. Players pushing mythic versions of anything likely are not playing the game because they love questing, and Loremasters probably aren't that interested in seeing if they can run the same dungeon or raid on progressively more difficult levels just to finish a quest.

Meh.
2/8 LFR and no other raid experience.....yea your opinions holds jo weight
10/31/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Hotstirfry
10/31/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Tadkins
I wish some folks here had more empathy. Not everyone is great, or comfortable with socializing. Especially given how toxic and vile many people in this game are, evidenced by this thread. It's a very understandable fear. Who wouldn't be reluctant to dip their toes into that cesspit?

Personally, I'm lucky that I have my cool guild, and RL sister playing this game. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother with mythic dungeons either. I'm terrified of making mistakes and getting raged at over them. You never know what you're going to get with folks here.

To those who are saying M0 isn't difficult, they might not be difficult for you, but I could easily see it being a challenge for others. Again, try to put yourself in shoes other than your own. I certainly made my fair share of mistakes in them while learning them.

Because it isn't a problem. It's a total nothingburger.

You get negative reactions because it's a non-issue except for those with their head in the sand refusing to play the game as it was intended to be played. Sorry, but the irrational vocal minority doesn't get to be catered to just because they scream loudly. This goes for games just as it does for real life. The rest of us normal adults go on about our lives and playing the game. You should too.

People are generally accommodating and nice in this game. They tend to only be mean when you act like a totally ridiculous person, which again parallels normal life. It's a multiplayer game, if you don't like the multiplayer dynamics, go play Sims.

Edit - this is an explanation of 90% of the reaction to OP, not to you personally. OP thinks that repeating the same line that has been repeated hysterically day after day will somehow convince everyone that they're right. It's not working.

Who got fired and made you God? "Non issue"? "Nothingburger". Sorry Don Lemon but scumbag random BG and PUG dungeon goers like me beg to differ. Obviously it IS indeed an issue. While you may try to bully those of us that do have issues with the current system, our opinion, our subscriptions are no less worthy than yours.

You have your opinions, zero facts. Your salty, negative attitude towards those of us that have issues with PVP rewards and Mythic dungeons being "walled off" from us "normies" screams elitism and self entitlement.

Segregating the player base can NEVER be a good thing. While you may detest pugs, those of us that love pugging, that have been pugging since vanilla, we pay the same subscription you do, we put in the same amount of time and effort into our game play as you. Walling us off from content simply because we don't enjoy running with elitist pricks like you is not a valid reason to exclude us from the same exact content.

Saying it's a "non issue" or "nothingburger" makes our point for us. Elitist jerks like you that ruin the experience for us "normies" is all the more reason to keep us from putting up with your prick, elitist attitudes in a social or group setting. You play a video game. Whoop dee doo. Get over yourself.
10/31/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Sykora
2/8 LFR and no other raid experience.....yea your opinions holds jo weight

What exactly does raiding have to do with the topic of this thread?
10/31/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Valaire

Why should someone who barely even plays the game and can't even be bothered to clear the easiest content in the game have a say in how the game is designed. If you really don't have any time to play, then just accept how the game is.
Blood DKs and Prot Paladins can solo it for god sake.

Bring a friend or two and steam roll it.

If you can’t do that then just give up. You’re better off not playing video games with a social aspect to them.

But mah story!

Don’t care. Do it as it’s intended or wait until next xpac and go back and solo it.

You’re not casual; I’m casual.

You’re just an entitled baddie giving casuals a bad name.
10/31/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Sykora
10/31/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Valaire

Why should someone who barely even plays the game and can't even be bothered to clear the easiest content in the game have a say in how the game is designed. If you really don't have any time to play, then just accept how the game is.

You can't be serious. I do play the game. I've done every quest in BfA for both Horde and Alliance. I've leveled 3 characters to 120... so far. I do professions, dungeons, battlegrounds and warfronts. I've gotten exalted with all the Horde BFA races on this character and am working on my others. And I've played WoW since launch day, with the exception of a couple of breaks. How is this "not playing the game"?

Oh because it isn't how YOU play... Ego much?
10/30/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Valaire
For many reasons, I and others like me, have become more casual players. We don't all have the time, or desire, to commit to raiding schedules or harder content.

10/31/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Valaire
You can't be serious. I do play the game. I've done every quest in BfA for both Horde and Alliance. I've leveled 3 characters to 120... so far. I do professions, dungeons, battlegrounds and warfronts. I've gotten exalted with all the Horde BFA races on this character and am working on my others.

So first you say that you don't have time to do harder content. (bad excuse, I literally pugged the first 7 heroic bosses of Uldir in 1 hour last night) Yet you've done all that.....are you sure you don't have time? It seems like you have A LOT of time on your hands.

Like pick one because if you can do all of that in 2 months then you have the time to do a single mythic. Get over yourself.
10/30/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Valaire
10/30/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Snowfox
Well if this thread is really just asking for Mythic0's to be added to LFD, then sure I don't really care. As long as it handles the lockout issue.

No it's not just asking for Mythic0 to be added to LFD. It's asking that NORMAL Storylines and Achievements only require NORMAL content to complete.

Adding them to LFD would help those who have the inclination to give it a shot to find groups for it, so it would be less frustrating and time consuming, but it is still ridiculous to require Mythic anything for Normal Quests and Achievements.

The thing is though, that Mythic0 content really IS "normal" content. It's easy, puggable and doesn't really require much skill or knowledge at all. Seriously, most mythic0 groups are set to autoaccept anyway, since there's not much point in wasting time trying to filter invites to content that basically anyone can faceroll. It’s actually easier to jump to mythic0 because it doesn't lock you out with ilevel requirements like heroic difficulty does. The main difference is that you need to pay attention to mechanics. I tanked a mythic 0 before i ever tanked a heroic, and it wasn't much more difficult.

Why blizzard bothered creating both a Mythic0 and heroic difficulty instead of just making heroic jump to mythic+, or removing heroic altogether, I have no idea. But it's what it is.
10/31/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Sykora
10/30/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Valaire
For many reasons, I and others like me, have become more casual players. We don't all have the time, or desire, to commit to raiding schedules or harder content.

10/31/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Valaire
You can't be serious. I do play the game. I've done every quest in BfA for both Horde and Alliance. I've leveled 3 characters to 120... so far. I do professions, dungeons, battlegrounds and warfronts. I've gotten exalted with all the Horde BFA races on this character and am working on my others.

So first you say that you don't have time to do harder content. (bad excuse, I literally pugged the first 7 heroic bosses of Uldir in 1 hour last night) Yet you've done all that.....are you sure you don't have time? It seems like you have A LOT of time on your hands.

Like pick one because if you can do all of that in 2 months then you have the time to do a single mythic. Get over yourself.

What I said was "We (i.e., the casual player) don't all have the time, or desire, to commit to raiding schedules or harder content." I have the time, just not the desire.

And what I do personally has nothing to do with the fact that Mythics should not be required for the main Storyline quests.
Are you kidding me op mythic 0 is a joke takes very little effort to find a grp.
10/31/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Valaire
What I said was "We (i.e., the casual player) don't all have the time, or desire, to commit to raiding schedules or harder content." I have the time, just not the desire.

And what I do personally has nothing to do with the fact that Mythics should not be required for the main Storyline quests.

M+0's aren't hard at all. They're not even as hard as the old heroics from TBC were, or even Cata heroics at launch. Just because 99% of the game is doable on the lowest difficulty doesn't mean there shouldn't be a few that aren't.

Just wait for a later patch if you don't want to do it on Mythic. They'll cave.
I think there should be some degree of bleed over from mythic-locked to non mythic -lock. That way it's more gradual process from casual to hard core.

I usually wait until I'm overgeared anyway since I'm a nub with no skill :1
OP. If you like I'd be happy to help you run through the dungeon. I can provide subpar healing or subpar dps. The last boss takes a bit of practice, but the other fights are pretty straightforward "get out of the bad" fights. Let me know if I can be of any help.
10/31/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Valaire

implying mythic0 is any difficulty.

Unless you're planning on mythic raiding, you don't need to commit to a schedule.
I literally wake up tuesday and pug a full Uldir normal clear in an hour.
10/31/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Phurr
OP. If you like I'd be happy to help you run through the dungeon. I can provide subpar healing or subpar dps. The last boss takes a bit of practice, but the other fights are pretty straightforward "get out of the bad" fights. Let me know if I can be of any help.

That is very nice of you. I appreciate the offer.
10/31/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Valaire
10/31/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Phurr

Okay. Add me. Phurr#11751
10/31/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Tyrannicus
10/31/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Hotstirfry

Because it isn't a problem. It's a total nothingburger.

You get negative reactions because it's a non-issue except for those with their head in the sand refusing to play the game as it was intended to be played. Sorry, but the irrational vocal minority doesn't get to be catered to just because they scream loudly. This goes for games just as it does for real life. The rest of us normal adults go on about our lives and playing the game. You should too.

People are generally accommodating and nice in this game. They tend to only be mean when you act like a totally ridiculous person, which again parallels normal life. It's a multiplayer game, if you don't like the multiplayer dynamics, go play Sims.

Edit - this is an explanation of 90% of the reaction to OP, not to you personally. OP thinks that repeating the same line that has been repeated hysterically day after day will somehow convince everyone that they're right. It's not working.

Who got fired and made you God? "Non issue"? "Nothingburger". Sorry Don Lemon but scumbag random BG and PUG dungeon goers like me beg to differ. Obviously it IS indeed an issue. While you may try to bully those of us that do have issues with the current system, our opinion, our subscriptions are no less worthy than yours.

You have your opinions, zero facts. Your salty, negative attitude towards those of us that have issues with PVP rewards and Mythic dungeons being "walled off" from us "normies" screams elitism and self entitlement.

Segregating the player base can NEVER be a good thing. While you may detest pugs, those of us that love pugging, that have been pugging since vanilla, we pay the same subscription you do, we put in the same amount of time and effort into our game play as you. Walling us off from content simply because we don't enjoy running with elitist pricks like you is not a valid reason to exclude us from the same exact content.

Saying it's a "non issue" or "nothingburger" makes our point for us. Elitist jerks like you that ruin the experience for us "normies" is all the more reason to keep us from putting up with your prick, elitist attitudes in a social or group setting. You play a video game. Whoop dee doo. Get over yourself.

Lol look at this guy. Furious.

Yes, it is a nothingburger. Every single one of your crowd's points was refuted.

1) It's "hard". No, it's not. The mechanics are identical to Heroic, just slightly more damage and health. The OP admitted she outgeared mythic massively, just "didn't like it". That's code for the next point -

2) You can't LFG for it. This is the entire thing you all are whining about. The lack of ability to not interact with a single person and get into a dungeon. It's not the difficulty, it's the fact that you have to put in about 30s-1m worth of effort to find a group. That's not blizzard or the community at large's problem, it's yours. You can't perform a simple task that a monkey could perform.

3) "Elitist" - Hilarious. I'm the furthest thing from an elitest. I am telling you that M0 is easy content, and that it's easy to get in via the LFG tool. I'm a casual player and I still find it easy. It's even easier when you have free purples raining from the sky from warfronts, WQs and PVP.

Stop throwing a hissy fit over nothing. You're obviously not very good at handling criticism, seeing as you took my criticism of someone else's TERRIBLE logic and argument and internalized it. The rage is palpable, and it's all because your crowd's arguments were called out one by one and debunked. The OP simply is an autist who refuses to use anything other than LFG, by her own admission. She outgears the content, she's done LFR, she just refuses to do anything other than sit in stormwind and queue because the WOTLK+ generation feels that they are entitled to see any and all content with zero effort invested.

So sorry champ. Get good. And maybe work on your rhetorical skills - they suck.
10/31/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Phurr
10/31/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Valaire

Okay. Add me. Phurr#11751

I won't be on again until Saturday. I work the next 2 days and I work long shifts, so I don't play at all on work days.

But even if I complete this Mythic, it doesn't change my opinion.
Put M-0 in the LFG tool. Problem solved.