Keep Mythics out of Normal Content

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
So this has kinda been a thing for the last few years, at least since Legion came out. Mythic-only dungeons. Karazhan was one in Legion, as were Arcway and Court of Stars.

Siege of Boralus is just another addition for the new expansion that continues the trend, this is nothing new. One could even say its normal and expected.

As for the storyline in there, its basically non-important, you aren't missing anything. And if you did want to do it, a group right now probably takes 30 seconds to get into with the in-game premade group finder since everyone is spamming M0's for the weekly.
10/30/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Dovapriest
The only parts that require mythic are Kings rest and Siege. These dungeons are supposed to be harder in the story. These are the casual "final boss". Doing them on normal would not fit the progression curve.

If this were true then the entire quest chain would require Mythic content. The fact that every other aspect of these chains only requires Normal content only reinforces my stand that the Mythic requirement at the end is unreasonable and out of place.

10/30/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Empëror
As for the storyline in there, its basically non-important, you aren't missing anything.

Oh so if it's not imporant for you, it's not important for anyone?
There also seems to be a differing of opinions of what is "casual" in this thread. That itself is subjective, but a general idea of what I would call truly "casual" is someone who does not participate in end game content at all or rarely. There is also a false, imo, belief that if it is not queuable content (LFR/LFD) that it is no longer casual.

People did not have queuable content for 2 1/2 expansions (Vanilla, BC, and a chunk of Wrath). People set time aside and did dungeons when they had time, nothing is different then now for a casual player.
10/30/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Dovapriest
The only parts that require mythic are Kings rest and Siege. These dungeons are supposed to be harder in the story. These are the casual "final boss". Doing them on normal would not fit the progression curve.

If this were true then the entire quest chain would require Mythic content. The fact that every other aspect of these chains only requires Normal content only reinforces my stand that the Mythic requirement at the end is unreasonable and out of place.

This makes no sense. There's plenty of storylines that have a final act/quest in a different difficulty. Quest chains that were all solo quests until the last piece which was a 5man group quest. Stories ending in a raid setting when the rest of the story was done via solo quests. Just because it's introducing a new difficulty doesn't mean it's out of place.
Do you want to be forced to PVP to unlock your stuff?
Do you want to be forced to do Pet battles to unlock your stuff?
Do you want to be locked behind transmog achevements to unlock your stuff?
Do you want to be locked behind a heroic raid to unlock your stuff?
Do you want to be forced into RP to unlock your stuff?
Do you want a mandatory visit to goldshire in Moonguard to unlock your stuff?

If you don't.

Then don't make people who don't want to be in mythics be there to unlock their story.
10/30/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Pook
Are you really going to take me if I'm 120 and undergeared and don't care about any of the mechanics and am only there to see the story though? Be realistic.

Mechanics are part of the story from questing content to raiding content. If you don't care about mechanics you don't care for the story telling that is being told by these bosses and NPCs so your argument is invalid to me.

In the time that you took to complain on these forums you could have applied to a dozen+ groups and got accepted into one OR made your own and cleared it and saw the story you want to see so badly.
Mythic raiders do much more than you, don't be mistaken. Call back when you have to master several classes, gear several alts, exclude your main in a kill because your alt is more needed, farm items in a slot machine game, farm mats for the raid and wipe hundreds of times on a schedule.

Calling them antisocial when they clearly are in a tight-knit guild that works together and regularly spend time with eachother in Discord while you yourself are in a one-man guild and refuse to even spend 5 minutes talking to people to form a group for incredibly brain-dead content is absolutely vile. You remind me of the players that join dungeons and literally say nothing the entire run.

To the people complaining about Raider.io: not a single person even thinks of the concept of io when inviting people for Mythic0 groups. I have SEVEN level 120s and was able to easily get into M0 groups, in fact it was easier when I just made the group myself.

If you don't want to do certain things that are required for certain things, then don't do them.
If you genuinely don't enjoy the most basic aspects of this game and the genre of MMO in general, then you need to stop playing.

I couldn't tell if the first page of this thread was a troll, but it really wasn't. I weep for this game.
10/30/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Margirita
Do you want to be forced to PVP to unlock your stuff?
Do you want to be forced to do Pet battles to unlock your stuff?
Do you want to be locked behind transmog achevements to unlock your stuff?
Do you want to be locked behind a heroic raid to unlock your stuff?
Do you want to be forced into RP to unlock your stuff?
Do you want a mandatory visit to goldshire in Moonguard to unlock your stuff?

If you don't.

Then don't make people who don't want to be in mythics be there to unlock their story.

A good portion of the story is "locked" behind books. I don't want to read books don't make me read books.
[quote="207682699487"]The only parts that require mythic are Kings rest and Siege. These dungeons are supposed to be harder in the story. These are the casual "final boss". Doing them on normal would not fit the progression curve.

[quote]

You did not read the post. The other dungeons are done before you are 120. Siege and kings are after world quests. Item lvl when leveling is 200-280 range. ilvl after a few weeks of world quests required for mythic dungeons (king/siege) to unlock is 320-340. Therefore mythic. Nothing to do with anything but how much gear you are expected to have.
If Mythic 0 is so easy, make it queueable. If Mythic 0 is too hard for a queue, then don't hide major storylines in them.
10/30/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Valaire
10/30/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Yellöwböze

So are you fine with story quests being in dungeons at all? My point was that everyone is upset with it being in "mythic" but they're fine if they're in regular dungeons or heroics? What's really the difference other than the name?

The OP's post is about not liking them in Mythics. I'm asking how it's any different than putting it in a heroic or normal dungeon?

I wish people would at least scan the posts before replying.

It's not about requiring dungeons for certain Storylines or Achievements. It's about requiring MYTHIC content to complete NORMAL Storylines and Achievements.

And there is a big difference in how you queue for a Regular or Heroic dungeon as opposed to Mythic. Plus the very real chance that you could be rejected from any Mythic group you apply for.

But even that aside, why should Normal activity require Mythic content? Why should the casual player who doesn't want to push themselves to the pinnacle be excluded from playing their way? Who decided that everyone should have to do Mythics... Never mind, I know the answer to that. /cough Elitist Jerks GM

I think you're the one who isn't bothering to read or answer any real questions. You seem to be more held up on arbitrary names rather than actual logic. You keep saying "regular" story line as if there were any other types of story lines? You're fine with them being in regular/heroic dungeons but not mythic dungeons? "Regular" story mode shouldn't be in "mythic" dungeons. They're just names.

You're saying Blizz shouldn't force people to the "pinnacle"? That question only applies if you're saying Blizz is asking you to do a mythic +10 or something. It's a base line, M0 dungeon. It awards the same level of gear as warfronts and requires about the same amount of skill. How is Blizzard pushing you to the pinnacle of anything?

Once again, you seem to be held up on arbitrary names. Everyone in this thread is saying that it isn't about difficulty. Many have said it isn't about the lack of LFG.... So.... What is it....? Is it literally just the word "Mythic" that has you upset? Mythic doesn't equal non-casual or hardcore. Again, just a name/title.
10/30/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Karinya
10/30/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Pook
Are you really going to take me if I'm 120 and undergeared and don't care about any of the mechanics and am only there to see the story though? Be realistic.

Mechanics are part of the story from questing content to raiding content. If you don't care about mechanics you don't care for the story telling that is being told by these bosses and NPCs so your argument is invalid to me.

In the time that you took to complain on these forums you could have applied to a dozen+ groups and got accepted into one OR made your own and cleared it and saw the story you want to see so badly.

I don't want to apply to a dozen+ Mythic groups. I shouldn't have to spend time looking for groups who aren't going to be happy with me in them because I don't know the mechanics, and do not plan to run these over and over to learn the mechanics, because I don't want to do them in the first place and will never run them again.

I was in a Mythic in Legion because I needed it for a quest. We wiped 2 or 3 times on the first boss and the tank said "Doesn't anyone here know the mechanics?" All 4 of us said "No, we are only here because we are being forced to for a quest." What does that tell you? Are we really doing anyone a favor by requiring Mythics?
10/30/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Valaire

10/30/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Empëror
As for the storyline in there, its basically non-important, you aren't missing anything.

There is no story. None. You go in, kill trash and bosses. No "story" dialog, nothing. Its not about whats important to me, you, or anyone. There is literally nothing. Does that make sense to you? I would check your ego before you make false assertions.
10/30/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Valaire
10/30/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Snowfox
TBH Mythic0 is still casual content.
That is your opinion, and not necessarily fact. If it's still casual content then don't call it Mythic.
So you just care about the name?

M0 gives ilv 340 gear you're at 351 it's going to be a joke.
10/30/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Empëror
10/30/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Valaire

There is no story. None. You go in, kill trash and bosses. No "story" dialog, nothing. Its not about whats important to me, you, or anyone. There is literally nothing. Does that make sense to you? I would check your ego before you make false assertions.

I like to complete what I started. I spend a lot of time doing these Storyline quests and I would like to see them through to completion.

And to quote you, "There is no story." If this is true then why do you advocate that these be done on Mythic difficulty?
10/30/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Valaire
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I don't want to apply to a dozen+ Mythic groups. I shouldn't have to spend time looking for groups who aren't going to be happy with me in them because I don't know the mechanics, and do not plan to run these over and over to learn the mechanics, because I don't want to do them in the first place and will never run them again.

I was in a Mythic in Legion because I needed it for a quest. We wiped 2 or 3 times on the first boss and the tank said "Doesn't anyone here know the mechanics?" All 4 of us said "No, we are only here because we are being forced to for a quest." What does that tell you? Are we really doing anyone a favor by requiring Mythics?

I've tried to ask legitimate questions in this thread to see if anyone can provide any real logic, and it's failed. Now, it just sounds like you're griping purely to gripe and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

It's supposed to be the (current) ending to the story. In every other game you play, doesn't it get more difficult the further into the story you go? Isn't the last level supposed to be more difficult than all the others? The last boss more difficult than the ones before? Pacman gets harder as you go along....

Why would/should WoW be any different? Grow up, read the dungeon log for literally 30 seconds, and get over it. They're asking you do to do a mythic ZERO and experience the work they put into it. Don't like it? Don't do it.

Oh and I know. I'm such an elitist loser no life idiot because I disagree with you!!

QQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Hate to break the news to you, for a long time now heroic (what mythic is today)/mythic houses special encounters that are part of the story, locked behind bosses. Guess what? Blizzard thinks all types of players deserve content not just hardcore players, not just casuals and everyone between those two. I've played warcraft since orcs and humans, I love this story as much as anyone else. I am also a dedicated raider and play a lot. I deserve to have my content have some connection to the story. Otherwise raids and dungeons are just there to be there, no explanation or connotation for its existence.

Think if you got your way
"Players who love the more difficult content dont deserve story rewards".

Fighting cho'gall at the end of mythic highmaul was a dream come true since I played the first warcraft. That fight would have lost its awesomeness had he been a pushover world mob.
10/30/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Yellöwböze

I've tried to ask legitimate questions in this thread to see if anyone can provide any real logic, and it's failed. Now, it just sounds like you're griping purely to gripe and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

It's supposed to be the (current) ending to the story. In every other game you play, doesn't it get more difficult the further into the story you go? Isn't the last level supposed to be more difficult than all the others? The last boss more difficult than the ones before? Pacman gets harder as you go along....

Why would/should WoW be any different? Grow up, read the dungeon log for literally 30 seconds, and get over it. They're asking you do to do a mythic ZERO and experience the work they put into it. Don't like it? Don't do it.

Oh and I know. I'm such an elitist loser no life idiot because I disagree with you!!

QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Don't put words in my mouth. I have not resorted to name calling, nor will I. I do, however, think there are a lot of egos on display here from the "I do Mythics so you should too, or you are an anti-social scrub." group.
10/30/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Empëror

<span class="truncated">...</span>

The entire Alliance story culminates in Siege of Boralus. If you want to rescue Jaina and finish the story you need to do Siege of Boralus. And the story of the dungeon is somewhat relevant as it is the climax of that story line.

So you are 100% wrong that 'there is no story' in the dungeon and it is not a false assertion. You can't finish the story without that dungeon, and the amazing three minute cutscene with Jaina happens only at the end of the dungeon after the final boss but before you leave the instance.

Don't worry, OP. They will make it into a heroic probably around 8.2 and then you can queue up for it.