you ele shamans are hypocrites

Shaman
what happend to the big uproar over the flame shock cd and loss of gust of wind?i remember the entire forums complaining about it on launch day all the sudden two months later all you care about is some talents being shifted around.

all the sudden blizzard shifts some talents around and you dont care any more...lol.maybe anyone who did care quit or rerolled and whats left are the ones just accepting it and rolling over.

elemental shamans will still be bad for the rest of the expansion and im glad i re rolled to a bm hunter its better then ele shaman in every way.
Man you are just begging for attention. So I'll give you some.

Congrats you went from FotM ele legion to FotM hunter in BFA.

You should be so proud that you bounce from class to class not playing what you enjoy but playing what is currently OP/FOTM/broke.

What's wrong was DH and mage to complex for you.

Still waiting on you to mail me all your shaman stuff.
10/31/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Madalynn
Man you are just begging for attention. So I'll give you some.

Congrats you went from FotM ele legion to FotM hunter in BFA.

You should be so proud that you bounce from class to class not playing what you enjoy but playing what is currently OP/FOTM/broke.

What's wrong was DH and mage to complex for you.

Still waiting on you to mail me all your shaman stuff.

it takes 3 days to level in this expansion its not that hard.its harder staying with a bad class then rerolling.i leveled two classes side by side and im busy right now leveling my mag'har bm hunter for the heritage armor.

i also would rather delete my account then give anyone anything.
10/31/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Kelgar
what happend to the big uproar over the flame shock cd and loss of gust of wind?i remember the entire forums complaining about it on launch day all the sudden two months later all you care about is some talents being shifted around.

I think people still care about the awkwardness of Flame Shock CD and the lack of burst mobility or defense for the spec, but they don't care as much anymore about voicing this feedback. The community recognized these and other problems in the BFA alpha/beta cycles, and the BFA prepatch/launch, but this feedback has been and continues to be largely ignored.

That said, there are some attempts to address these issues in 8.1, namely with the longer duration on Flame Shock and the changed interaction between Flame Shock and Lava Burst.

I don't think the changes to Elemental on the PTR so far will be sufficient to make the spec feel as fun and impactful as it did at the end of Legion, and I don't understand why so many changes were made to the spec when it was playing just fine and the developers weren't able to put serious time into adjusting the class design. However, I feel that the devs still have a ton of relevant feedback on the spec from the last 10 or so months of players testing the spec and playing it on the live servers. Rehashing the same criticisms over and over feels pointless, especially when others have made much better analyses of the problems than I can.

I would add that, in my eyes, the best thing the devs could do for the Shaman community would be to outline in a blue-post or some equivalent what they think the strengths and weaknesses are supposed to be for each Shaman spec. This would help players give better feedback on the design of each spec. Most players focus on survivability and throughput as the main concerns for Shaman, but it could be simply that the devs consider utility to be the main strength of the Shaman specs. If so, the community might be able to provide better feedback on why this utility feels less powerful than it should, rather than focusing on the lack of damage or toughness, which will be ignored because it doesn't align with the vision the devs have for the class.
Those two things are still the most frustrating thing for me about my shaman in pvp right now.
what happend to the big uproar over the flame shock cd and loss of gust of wind?

Do you ever get tired of complaining? Cause most people do. Who can be bothered to continue making whining posts about Flame Shock and GoW? They know it's buggered and the Shaman community has voiced their concerns.

And imo we should never have had GoW in the first place. It was clunky and had greater use in the open world/jumping to places than it did in combat, which felt pretty silly.

It was fun, but didn't belong as the solution to a mobility issue.

all the sudden blizzard shifts some talents around and you dont care any more

They're doing something - It isn't like we don't care or forgot but it's important to focus on what IS changing so we can better adapt to it when it arrives.

Pretty stock standard stupidity from someone who rerolled fotm to a BM hunter though. Lmao.
Speaking of hypocrites, OP

Remember when you called every ele sham that complained about the flame shock cd and gust of wind removal..what was it you called them.."Legion Babies"? I remember.

And now you are switching your tune?

You are the hypocrite.
10/31/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Akston

Remember when you called every ele sham that complained about the flame shock cd and gust of wind removal..what was it you called them.."Legion Babies"? I remember.

You are the hypocrite.

yep and wernt you a cow or orc before a goblin?
10/31/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Thanen
10/31/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Akston

You are the hypocrite.

yep and wernt you a cow or orc before a goblin?

Nope. I was a Troll in Legion.
I will never get over the saltiness of losing Gust of Wind, every single time when Fetid Devourer breathes down the entire corridor and not being able to dodge in time.

While I see mages, hunters, boomkins, warlocks using their movement abilities to dodge out of it. Why does every ranged class has some movement ability but not us.

My mage guildie innocently mentioned: "But you have ghost wolf form". I don't know what to feel anymore.
Out of all ranged classes, currently every single one has immunity or high % dmg reduction aside from shaman. All have burst mobility besides shaman and priest.

The honest reaction to all this? We stopped complaining because no one was listening.

What's the point of wasting time typing your constructive criticism if no one does anything about it? That's why shaman always dislike the way we get changes and then don't voice our opinion afterwards.

As a Beta-baby I'll stick with the class because I always do. Doesn't mean I always like how it plays, but i'm also not pushing the highest content so being top 1% doesn't matter to me.

all the sudden blizzard shifts some talents around and you dont care any more...lol.maybe anyone who did care quit or rerolled and whats left are the ones just accepting it and rolling over.

elemental shamans will still be bad for the rest of the expansion and im glad i re rolled to a bm hunter its better then ele shaman in every way.

We are getting buffs in 8.1.

What more do you want? Its not perfect but why !@#$% about it over and over. You haven't even done anything WITH elemental shaman.
Op go to the hunter forums, it's ok dude no need to look back.
Not everyone is a crybaby and jumps to fotm because a streamer tells you to. Shaman is still the most fun spec in the game for me personally. I’ll keep playing it til the end. You’ll be back pretending to be a “Shaman is my main since vanilla!!” brah.
honestly, at this point, it's just fatigue

many people are just tired of voicing their concerns when it's obvious no one is listening or no one cares

if you rerolled to some fotm crap, why do you care anyway?

go enjoy being one of the flock
anyone who did care quit or rerolled
10/31/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Nephneph
Those two things are still the most frustrating thing for me about my shaman in pvp right now.

I agree to a certain point. The flame shock CD is super annoying since good healers tend to insta dispel it on their team, also gust of wind was awesome but I would also settle for that root totem that resto has I believe. Ele had it before and I loved it.
Yup, reverting Flame Shock to a CD and removing both Gust of Wind and Earthgrab Totem made me decide not to play Shaman in BfA.
Oh? Let me look through my post history.

I complained about the flame shock cool down October 24th, September 25th, Sept 19th.. and a lot more before that.

And now too while we're at it. It's a bull!@#$ change, which was sold to the shaman community on a lie. I.e. that it would be a trade for having lava burst always crit, and we all got bait and switched at the last minute.

And they are NOT going to fix it. They're very clearly dead set at having it work like this, the fact that they've been finagling weird %^-* involving flame shock into 8.1 proves it.