WoW Glad v.s. IRL Glad Trade Off

Arenas
you can work 70 hours a week as a over the road truck driver playing with 100-500ms and still get gladiator. just need to be carried by a fire mage :)
10/31/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Lafs
I hardly do anything rated wise yet make $250k+ working freelance. Lot of travel so I rarely get to attend team based in game activities :(

Can you sign my mouse pad?

Make sure to put IRL rank 1 gladiator lafs.
get your degree in engineering. Make 100k+ and get gladiator after work
Or you can retire from the military, work part time as a physician and still get gladiator.

Most of my professional friends (PhDs and MDs) play Overwatch and Fortnight with their kids.

If I was still active duty I definitely wouldn’t have time with the wife, kids, and work to fit in the serious wow hours.
10/31/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Zvën

Only if youre a rogue but
10/31/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Yarrow
10/31/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Dillon
You can so both.

Top tier teams only play at night time pmuch. So all you have to do is go to work during the day and pwn noobs at night.

All you have to do is not sleep!

Coca cola is one hell of a drug
I'm 2.2 Trying to be glad in game... combatant IRL but that's because I'm a teacher. But I get summers off, great benefits, and also coach high school sports and get a lot of WoW time. Life is good.
10/31/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Ketoguido
I'm 2.2 Trying to be glad in game... combatant IRL but that's because I'm a teacher. But I get summers off, great benefits, and also coach high school sports and get a lot of WoW time. Life is good.

That's awesome, it's all about finding the right balance
Thing is you can't actually be "bad" in 3v3 arena. Blizzard has been working hard over the years to ensure their subs feel "good" losing and gaining rating as the season persist and the MMR inflates.

Most who are actually good in terms of gaming are not doing PvP WOW. You see mainly streamers consistently queueing against each other these days and they too don't make good $ like Dillon for example, a kid who is still in school with 2nd job on top.

Bottom line, the golden era for competition was back in the days of Star Craft 1, Half Life, Counter Strike 1.6, Quake and Unreal Tournament. MMORPG wise PvP was never meant to be what Blizzard intended to make it today.

in MMORPG PvP is about winning conflicts, territory, obtaining kills and looting players, overpowering the odds through gear vs ganks and simply becoming the content for other players to interact with.

This is why these themeparks are in constant need of new rides/content as they don't allow players to be the content. The future of MMORPG is about giving as many paths and tools for the players to use those paths and tools to experience as many different stories, outcomes, scenarios in a persistent virtual world.
I feel like there is a fair amount of lying going on in this thread.

Internet forums kinda feel 2000-2010, and wow pvp is a pretty niche thing to be foruming about atm. I feel like actual Rocky Maivia Ballers wouldn't waste their time on here.

I mean I spend my days shorting housing bonds and CDOs, and only rarely post on here.
10/31/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Zvën

Can confirm

Well not the 100k part (yet)
Or the glad part (ever)
11/01/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Hotboysamuel

Internet forums kinda feel 2000-2010, and wow pvp is a pretty niche thing to be foruming about atm. I feel like actual Rocky Maivia Ballers wouldn't waste their time on here.

I mean I spend my days shorting housing bonds and CDOs, and only rarely post on here.

Then you've been losing a lot of money... Did you just watch The Big Short and figured a 2007 strategy was still viable? The irony of your post.

Making $100k+ isn't uncommon anymore. That is a mid range salary in most coastal states.

go back to /r/wallstreetbets
I play soooooo much wow lmao and am a full time teacher and have a girlfriend that is hotter than any of you could get and am 2.2k arena player. I mean it's not the best but solid, this thread is silly
11/01/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Notmischkit
11/01/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Hotboysamuel

Then you've been losing a lot of money... Did you just watch The Big Short and figured a 2007 strategy was still viable? The irony of your post.

Making $100k+ isn't uncommon anymore. That is a mid range salary in most coastal states.

I don't know where you live, but i'd either love to make 6 digits or hate it because of the cost of living. Where i live, i'm making 50k with no school education (only 1 year in college, but stopped pursuing for 3 + years), or without being a skilled Trades and that's roughly 1/3 the cost of a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, possibly 2 story and or a garage if your not too unlucky house. I wonder what the house market is like when the average is 6 digits lol.
A lot of the old school glads/R1s I knew from TBC and WotLK ended up being fairly successful IRL.

It’s a personality type that if you can redirect that passion/energy from gaming to work you can go fairly far IRL.

Just as an anecdote I quit from Cata to Legion (resubbed here and there but never sat down and took the game seriously). In that time I got a masters degree, a family with two kids and a great job that allows me lots of free time.

I am not a R1 caliber player, but I’ve been as high as 2700 this season playing various comps and helping friends get glad.
Well, the average US Salary for ages 25-34 which is probably a good chunk of dedicated PVP'ers who have been around for awhile is $39-40k. So, your thresholds are pretty high considering the majority of those people don't play WoW at all.

Though, I guess roughly 30-40% of americans having gladiator now is an accurate figure. :^)
11/01/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Drinaki
Well, the average US Salary for ages 25-34 which is probably a good chunk of dedicated PVP'ers who have been around for awhile is $39-40k. So, your thresholds are pretty high considering the majority of those people don't play WoW at all.

Though, I guess roughly 30-40% of americans having gladiator now is an accurate figure. :^)

Coastal states
11/01/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Alphönce
11/01/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Notmischkit

I don't know where you live, but i'd either love to make 6 digits or hate it because of the cost of living. Where i live, i'm making 50k with no school education (only 1 year in college, but stopped pursuing for 3 + years), or without being a skilled Trades and that's roughly 1/3 the cost of a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, possibly 2 story and or a garage if your not too unlucky house. I wonder what the house market is like when the average is 6 digits lol.

Highest in the nation
first time I got glad in 2010 I got destroyed irl, but now? No, nothing was damaged at all.

I guess we can all just understand our responsibilities and do multiple stuff without being destroyed in the process, we just need to grow up
10/31/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Dillon
You can so both.

Top tier teams only play at night time pmuch. So all you have to do is go to work during the day and pwn noobs at night.

Well, no, not if you realize that having a social/sex life is an important aspect of a balanced life.