WoW Glad v.s. IRL Glad Trade Off

Arenas
11/01/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Maldici
10/31/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Dillon
You can so both.

Top tier teams only play at night time pmuch. So all you have to do is go to work during the day and pwn noobs at night.

Well, no, not if you realize that having a social/sex life is an important aspect of a balanced life.

I'm 12, whats sex?
11/01/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Notmischkit

Well, no, not if you realize that having a social/sex life is an important aspect of a balanced life.

I'm 12, whats sex?

Being an incel isn't much to laugh about.

If you have problems, you need to work on fixing them. Hit the gym, take some vitamin d, get your diet in check and work on approaching women.
11/01/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Maldici
11/01/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Notmischkit

I'm 12, whats sex?

If you have problems, you need to work on fixing them. Hit the gym, take some vitamin d, get your diet in check and work on approaching women.

typical chad
11/01/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Notmischkit
11/01/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Maldici

typical chad

If you follow all of my instructions you'll be chadposting in two months tops.
11/01/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Maldici
11/01/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Notmischkit

typical chad

If you follow all of my instructions you'll be chadposting in two months tops.
All of this is kek
Or you can marry a really rich girl and be a stay at home dad.
11/01/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Hobiethecat
I play soooooo much wow lmao and am a full time teacher and have a girlfriend that is hotter than any of you could get and am 2.2k arena player. I mean it's not the best but solid, this thread is silly

You literally just proved my point. Wow duelist, irl challenger, teacher makes 40k-60k annually. Thanks.
since IQ is the best indicator of success in pretty much all things in life, i'd say that those with high incomes likely have high IQ are fairly likely to be very skilled at WoW

inb4 everybody is the same blah blah
11/01/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Trillwave
since IQ is the best indicator of success in pretty much all things in life, i'd say that those with high incomes likely have high IQ are fairly likely to be very skilled at WoW

inb4 everybody is the same blah blah

Be as smart as you like, it won't matter if you don't put in the work or don't know the right people. That goes for WoW and real life, but the "knowing the right" people in the former doesn't typically involve adults.
11/01/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Notmischkit
11/01/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Hotboysamuel
I feel like there is a fair amount of lying going on in this thread.

Internet forums kinda feel 2000-2010, and wow pvp is a pretty niche thing to be foruming about atm. I feel like actual Rocky Maivia Ballers wouldn't waste their time on here.

I mean I spend my days shorting housing bonds and CDOs, and only rarely post on here.

Then you've been losing a lot of money... Did you just watch The Big Short and figured a 2007 strategy was still viable? The irony of your post.

Making $100k+ isn't uncommon anymore. That is a mid range salary in most coastal states.

go back to /r/wallstreetbets

Well, in all fairness, the market needs a correction. Still unlikely someone with the capital needed to trade CDOs is hanging in a wow forum.
10/31/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Dillon
You can so both.

Top tier teams only play at night time pmuch. So all you have to do is go to work during the day and pwn noobs at night.

Personally I still have time to do stuff with family/friends/girlfriend. Same with other top players like Aveng and a couple others who are older with real jobs etc.

Couple hours of queing a few nights a week is all it really takes. I always have breaks of me streaming and not streaming just based on all of that. Weekends give plenty of time for me to do whatever I want tbh, and even on those days people don't PvP until night time either, so I have an entire day to do whatever and if I really wanted to I could just stay up late and play later that day or just go on about my business.

I think people really overestimate how much you actually need to play imo. There's so many times you won't get to play and if you force it you'll just be annoyed. An hour or two que session only a few times a week really won't kill you though.

Being super hardcore and doing more than that while trying to juggle irl though can be much worse for sure. It's all about finding a balance imo.
11/01/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Dillon

Personally I still have time to do stuff with family/friends/girlfriend. Same with other top players like Aveng and a couple others who are older with real jobs etc.

Couple hours of queing a few nights a week is all it really takes. I always have breaks of me streaming and not streaming just based on all of that. Weekends give plenty of time for me to do whatever I want tbh, and even on those days people don't PvP until night time either, so I have an entire day to do whatever and if I really wanted to I could just stay up late and play later that day or just go on about my business.

I think people really overestimate how much you actually need to play imo. There's so many times you won't get to play and if you force it you'll just be annoyed. An hour or two que session only a few times a week really won't kill you though.

Being super hardcore and doing more than that while trying to juggle irl though can be much worse for sure. It's all about finding a balance imo.

Yeah, but most people don't get good enough or have a big enough presence with high rated players to make an impact with that kind of play time. WoW is on the easier end of competitive games, though.
Job + internship + school. Only time I got is at night n if I don’t get 8 hrs of sleep I don’t function n !@#$%s want me to q at 1-2 am lol
Git gud mage works a full time job then a side job just cause why not..make about 55k a year. also play the stock market which is also paying off really gud. I only play weekends though.
I think where people run into trouble is when they put their priorities in the wrong order. Wow has always been a game to me, a stress release. There were times during school where I just wouldn’t login. It wasn’t because I didn’t want to, it was because school > wow to me. Not all people can do this though and slowly the game chips away at their life goals.

My advice to anyone with any sort of dream or career aspiration is to actually take breaks from wow. You’ll be able to accomplish your real life goals and wow will actually be more fun and less boring when you come back.