Ret paladins suck

Paladin
Key words, make sure the guild knows your worth if your looking to raid.
11/02/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Dovapriest
they can repent

Thanks to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we can all repent.
11/02/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Alhanah
Don't forget: no purge
No unique raid buffs/debuffs
No BR
No group stealth
No two Target cleave
No hero/lust

Basically none of the things people get spots for

I've yet to see group stealth be a legitimate reason why people bring rogues.
11/03/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Ralanthel
Unfortunately we live in the age of the "GOGO" gamer, so raw numbers are all that people care about.

I see nothing wrong with that mentality, and I'd prefer if ret was all self casts only at this point tbh. I don't want to help my friends. I want to blow !@#$ up and I'm tired of being balanced like I'm some hybrid. Our utility isn't even that much more than people who are actually OP (like rogues or DHs, who both have decent utility and do everything else better than us).
Spec at least one trait in divine right, 2 is optimal. Fixes our aoe Dps on high keys just abit better.

Wog single best reason to bring a ret and wisdom. Only desirable if you are competent and on bad healer affix weeks.

Bop is useless if there is alrdy a paladin tank/healer.

This pales in comparison to a rogue that can tricks, cheese mechanics using ww, easy shroud without wasting pot cooldown/ feral Druid that can pop trees, bres, cheese using ww/ Dh with aoe stun, instant cc.

Majority of the gripe with the class is just the bad aoe deeps when put on the same page with frost dks/rogues/Dh/wwmonks/armfury warriors. We don’t do bad Dps, but it’s very easy to.
It's vanilla all over again. Ret paladin's offhealing and BOP doesn't doesn't offset their awful dps
Their single target damage is very high.
BOW is the best raid buff in the game.
Repentance is a strong CC.
They can speak for strong off heals without sacrificing dps.
High defensives
Hand of freedom has amazing utility.
dispelling disease/poisons is very useful on a dps.
loh can save games/fights.

If you don't make use of every ability it doesn't shine, but the class is amazing.
11/01/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Justthegrip
why take them over any other dps

aoe dmg sucks
no aoe CC
no movement
melee

Yeah, we're not the OPAF class known as DK's, DH's or Rogues, but we bring
BoP
Lay
Freedom
WoG
Repentance
Bubble
Rez

A lot of which can allow us to completely ignore boss mechanics.

Take your OP class and go away.
So basically you're saying we bring everything all paladins bring minus the WoD/Rep (prot), cool stuff.
11/05/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Kahsteel
Their single target damage is very high.
BOW is the best raid buff in the game.
Repentance is a strong CC.
They can speak for strong off heals without sacrificing dps.
High defensives
Hand of freedom has amazing utility.
dispelling disease/poisons is very useful on a dps.
loh can save games/fights.

If you don't make use of every ability it doesn't shine, but the class is amazing.

Don't raid logs show ret as kinda being in the bottom of the barrel in mythic?

aoe dmg sucks
no aoe CC
no movement
melee

our single target damage is rediculously high and far greater than most classes minus say a mage. On the other side of the spectrum we have no aoe and or cleave functionalities at all. We are just boss killers, more or less. when it comes to trash killers thats the demon hunters with their billion dps eye beams but noodle like boss dps.

aoe dmg sucks
no aoe CC
no movement
melee

also if I was you I would read your talents screen. we have a aoe blind that blinds an entire pack with light. so clearly we do have a aoe cc.
11/05/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Hateoraid

aoe dmg sucks
no aoe CC
no movement
melee

Yeah, we're not the OPAF class known as DK's, DH's or Rogues, but we bring
BoP
Lay
Freedom
WoG
Repentance
Bubble
Rez

A lot of which can allow us to completely ignore boss mechanics.

Take your OP class and go away.

Agree with you Hateraid, he wants a two button wonder that is the dhs however the he will prob see ret pallys blowing out bosses or one on one destroying people in arena and say how what why. clearly we are too advanced a class for his miniscule brain to comprehend. he needs a dh press two buttons post murderous trash dps numbers then when ur fighting a boss hit like ur back in goldshire knocking the dust out the lvl 1 in the inn.
Also our buttons hit for lower than auto attacks. Crusader Strike is a literal wet noodle.
11/03/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Maiyanni
When you know your rotation, its golden, great Aoe burst, just got to keep to your own self buffs, like inquisition, and your judgement's 25% dmg increase for holy spender skills, BOOM you good.

You are a lightforged, about the only iteration of a paladin that CAN have ok AoE. You arent playing any better than anyone else. This does not change the problem with class design itself, just that LF have an OP racial. But an arms warrior can also be a lightforged snd will still kick your !@# in AoE.

We can do decent AOE once in a while, but it is centered around cooldowns and wake of ashes.
11/02/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Alhanah
Don't forget: no purge
No unique raid buffs/debuffs
No BR
No group stealth
No two Target cleave
No hero/lust

Basically none of the things people get spots for

Yet they are top tier rn
11/02/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Vaerume
Well, at least no one saw this coming, so it's an honest mistake that ret was released in this state. No way in hell to have foreseen this.

Yeah and what sucks is everyone wasted their time leveling/gearing ret, just to find out that it's 100% trash. I have no idea why they've buffing other classes but not ret, so ret's just going to get worse and worse as the expansion progresses. Drop ret now and level something good. It sucks, but that's what you have to do if you want to be equal with other classes.
11/05/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Sestralaria

aoe dmg sucks
no aoe CC
no movement
melee

our single target damage is rediculously high and far greater than most classes minus say a mage. On the other side of the spectrum we have no aoe and or cleave functionalities at all. We are just boss killers, more or less. when it comes to trash killers thats the demon hunters with their billion dps eye beams but noodle like boss dps.

Please show me evidence showing this redicoulously high single target damage that surpasses most classes because i dont see it ( though there is a big chance that its because im poop).
I must admit the single target damage can be good even without the TV talent. I usually just stick with the extra auto attacks because there are usually tons of mobs everywhere. Burst aoe can be good depending on talents and proc rates. I was in Uldir lfr the other day and with wings and the number of mobs pulled i used my Wake of Ashes and hit that 94k dps mark. Best thing about a pally is the more you pull the better, but with all the small pulling tanks it's hard to shine bright ye kno. I wish wake of ashes was baseline for paladins, and that it could be replaced by something more beneficial, maybe the fragmenting judgment like we had in legion to add to our aoe

Ret paladins don't suck, but they could use some tuning
Cause we can rek.