Frost Mage gutted 8.1 PTR

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
IMO it’s extremely sad that all you consistently hear/see is “X class receives Y nerf” a lot more then any buffs going out. Classes should be brought up together instead of brought down and worked around a lower power level. This in the end creates happy players to see buffs and none of these “I’m unsubbing” posts. I thought PTR really meant something, but all I see is a lot of screaming at deaf ears.
11/04/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Valdryn
I hate frost mage slows. I hate slows in general......every class has a slow and if they don’t I guarantee their teammate does. Why not just make all characters set to walking speed in arena? That’s what pvp feels like

if its just the slows...
you see, i see you and a warrior here in the post, and the only thing you
are complaining about are frosts slows (both more mobile melees).

not the dmg of frost

i wonder why...

when you take slow of frost, don´t you think it would be warranted
to give back an amount of damage?

thats whats frost is, an anoyance, not much more.

and when that happens, why is it that a class has to suffer in other areas of the game?

where are "the little knobs" for fine tuning the devs had spoken?

all blizz really knows how to bang on the On/Off Switch of Class Functionality
with a sledge hammer, no knobs involved...
Just watch the replay of the MDI, you will only see the same classes in all the teams, thats the reason for the nerfs. Frost mages, DHs, and rogues should be nerfed for that simple reason. Also blood dk and disc priest.
Good, frost mage is beyond broken in arenas right now. I don't consider walking around to be "fun" game play.
11/02/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Xukon
I posted this on GD, but I'm really upset so I wanna post my path through bfa.

I got work off for BFA. I was hyped for dino druids and decided I'd make my druid my main to be ready for that race change. Feral was in a completely unacceptable state, not even remotely viable even for leveling/world quests. I had to reroll on the second day because Blizzard didn't care about class balance. Also at the time I had no clue Balance would end up being one of the most sought after m+ specs. Pretty much everyone thought it was trash.

Leveled my pally, had a lot fun with him. Why bring a pally when you can have a demon hunter or rogue? There was no shortage of melee. I didn't stick with him long because I hate what Blizzard did to tanks.

My hunter? Nerf after nerf after nerf. I was floored when the forums were flooded with posts crying about bm the day after Uldir went live. I said "the spec doesn't scale who cares if it does good on two fights!" but no one listened and continued crying "BEST SPEC IN THE GAME" and well where is hunter now?

I finally found a class I liked with my mage. I'm not the best dps but I don't need to be. I just need to be ok. And I'm ok. Why is ok getting nerfed? Especially when almost every ranged spec needs buffs?

I keep bouncing around because I kept making the wrong choice. Blizzard, I'm tried of making the wrong choice. Our dps is not strong enough to warrant a nerf. I'm leaning towards quitting at this point, and it isn't because frost is getting nerfed. It's because their class balance has been an absolute disaster this entire expansion.

Mine was:
Frost dk > ww monk > Spriest > Eshaman > Feral druid > Pally...
I feel very very bad. Can’t level another one so im getting into healing...
first intent was to PvP i abandoned that too
11/06/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Leidellis
11/02/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Xukon
I posted this on GD, but I'm really upset so I wanna post my path through bfa.

I got work off for BFA. I was hyped for dino druids and decided I'd make my druid my main to be ready for that race change. Feral was in a completely unacceptable state, not even remotely viable even for leveling/world quests. I had to reroll on the second day because Blizzard didn't care about class balance. Also at the time I had no clue Balance would end up being one of the most sought after m+ specs. Pretty much everyone thought it was trash.

Leveled my pally, had a lot fun with him. Why bring a pally when you can have a demon hunter or rogue? There was no shortage of melee. I didn't stick with him long because I hate what Blizzard did to tanks.

My hunter? Nerf after nerf after nerf. I was floored when the forums were flooded with posts crying about bm the day after Uldir went live. I said "the spec doesn't scale who cares if it does good on two fights!" but no one listened and continued crying "BEST SPEC IN THE GAME" and well where is hunter now?

I finally found a class I liked with my mage. I'm not the best dps but I don't need to be. I just need to be ok. And I'm ok. Why is ok getting nerfed? Especially when almost every ranged spec needs buffs?

I keep bouncing around because I kept making the wrong choice. Blizzard, I'm tried of making the wrong choice. Our dps is not strong enough to warrant a nerf. I'm leaning towards quitting at this point, and it isn't because frost is getting nerfed. It's because their class balance has been an absolute disaster this entire expansion.

Mine was:
Frost dk > ww monk > Spriest > Eshaman > Feral druid > Pally...
I feel very very bad. Can’t level another one so im getting into healing...
first intent was to PvP i abandoned that too

So basically you play fotm... and don’t stick to a class unless it’s OP.. gotcha
The slow changes were definitely necessary, however I feel there should be an increase in frostbolt damage (literally peanuts for a cast and is not worth) and the reintroduction to deep freeze (Burst has suffered, best thing about frost mages was blowing someone up while being encouraged to cast).

Cant complain about the slow changes, they were actually SO strong
They revert the changes done to the melee, yet they leave frost mages broken. Nerf the slows, sure, but leave the damage like it was; after all our damage to single was low and aoe damage good so it balanced.
Frost mage better get a damage buff and the snare less drastically reduced or its gonna be a crap class. Frost mages take damage easy and without any good single target damage to compensate its gonna be bad in pvp . I'm fine with a little nerf to the slows but what they did was to much .
The nerfs to our snares are crazy..if they want to implement this in pvp fine, but our slows are our utility and a huge reason we’re brought to m+
I'm not too aware of 8.1 changes .... but let's not kid ourselves here.

Frost mage slows/freezes, etc. are on crack atm. Something had to happen.
11/06/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Shirubia
They revert the changes done to the melee, yet they leave frost mages broken. Nerf the slows, sure, but leave the damage like it was; after all our damage to single was low and aoe damage good so it balanced.

They dont called nerfs if you get compensation for what blizzard take away