Blizzard scammed me of almost 5k!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
11/02/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Nausprime
You don't understand, 1,000 gold deposit makes even large stacks of Cata herbs unreasonable.

Well if your auction sells, you get the deposit fee back. You should be getting the sell amount - AH cut + deposit mailed to you upon selling something. You lose the deposit if the item doesn't sell. If you are frequently not selling your auctions, you are either being undercut, selling for too much or selling somethign with little demand and should find something else.
11/02/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Therric
11/02/2018 06:49 AMPosted by Nausprime

Blizzard said they'd increase the prices a bit. Not jack them up to 1,000 gold per item. Why doesn't MoP herbs list for 1,000 gold per item? Why are Cata herbs unreasonably high?

Eh...

You're not getting it.

For each auction you pay 20% of the posting price of a single item. Whether you post 1 item or 200 items

If you post 200 auctions of 1 item you pay this 200 times.

If you post 1 auction of 200 items you pay this once.

I'm still going to tell you, that paying 800-1,000 gold to list even a stack of 200 Cata herbs is broken. I'm not asking you to say I should get my gold back and that Blizzard scammed me, but can you at least agree that EVEN listing 200 cata herbs should not cost upwards of a grand?

It doesn't even cost that much to list a stack of 200 BFA herbs, so why are you ok with Cata herbs being all jacked up?
Sooner or later you’re gonna have to be an adult and realize you made a mistake and move on.
11/02/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Nausprime
I'm still going to tell you, that paying 800-1,000 gold to list even a stack of 200 Cata herbs is broken. I'm not asking you to say I should get my gold back and that Blizzard scammed me, but can you at least agree that EVEN listing 200 cata herbs should not cost upwards of a grand?

It doesn't even cost that much to list a stack of 200 BFA herbs, so why are you ok with Cata herbs being all jacked up?

Again...

If you got an 800g deposit then your price per item is 4000g. If you're posting a stack of 200 of them then your auction price is 800,000g.

-____-

Why are you trying to sell a stack of cata herbs for 800,000g?
11/02/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Therric
Why are you trying to sell a stack of cata herbs for 400,000g?
Bingo! Mate doesn't understand Economics 101 is why she's doing it.
11/02/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Farora

Someone else in the thread mentioned that they were able to list the same item for a fraction of the price. That's why I accused Blizzard of having players pay difference prices. It's possible that that player lied about the cost for him to list stuff, but I just took his word at face value. I posted a screenshot of my deposit cost, and I'll do it again.

https://imgur.com/SmMWAcB

Deposit costs scales with the price you set the item.

I'll ask this again.

WHY THE HECK ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL OLD MATS FOR 4K GOLD EACH!? NO WONDER YOUR DEPOSITS ARE SO HIGH!

When did deposit costs start scaling with the listing price? I don't remember that ever being part of the auction house.
I know I have been up all night and I am tired but am I just missing something here.
Nausprime keeps spouting off that the deposit is so crazy high and it is bugged and other people pay less but all of Nausprime's auctions are set for a 3,999 gold buy out and everyone else is putting a normal buyout so it doesn't have a crazy deposit and Nausprime just cannot understand that? That is what is happening right?
Hold on...doesn't the AH show you the deposit cost...so didn't you choose to accept the cost by posting it?
Deposits used to always be tied to the vendor price of the item.

When did Blizzard change it so that the deposit is tied to the listing price?

I'm mad, because the system has changed, and it wasn't explained to me. I knew that the deposits of items had gone up to limit single-postings, but no-where in that post did it say that the increase would be tied to the listing price. Not sharing important information is deceptive.
Blizzard doesn't scam. They're a pretty class act outfit with great customer service--just try contacting them.
11/02/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Nausprime
When did Blizzard change it so that the deposit is tied to the listing price?
When they announced the changes to the Auction House, which you claimed to have read, yet obviously not carefully enough?
11/02/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Farora
I don't think it was a good idea to apply the changes to old expansion items, but they did give warning beforehand. Unfortunately not everyone reads the forums and/or twitter on a regular basis.

From what I understand the changes are temporary until they can fix the auction to better support a million stacks of one.

being how old AH is well be luckly get in next expansion as a selling point.
11/02/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Nausprime
I read that they were increasing the deposits costs to help deter spam, but raising the deposit to 800 gold for Whiptail and up to 1,000 gold for Stormvine is broken.

No matter how you swing it--that's broken. That's not discouraging single-listings--that's outright making it prohibitively expensive to even sell any whiptail or stormvine

The price being at 800-1,000 gold does not sound like an intended change, but rather someone screwing up royally. And their screw-up is costing people thousands of gold.

Under no circumstance should a stack of Cata herbs cost nearly a thousand gold to list. It's broken, and I'm pissed I lost money on it.

Then just vendor the herbs. You'll lose more gold that way but you won't be paying AH deposits. I know you don't like it but it was a needed change, especially on high pop servers.
11/02/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Wichasha
11/02/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Nausprime
FREAKING TELL THE PLAYERS!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767778516

seems like they did 3 months ago looks like you did not pay attention how exactly is it their fault?
they did not scamm you it is to stop people like you listing 90 pages of single items
I don't think it was a good idea to apply the changes to old expansion items, but they did give warning beforehand. Unfortunately not everyone reads the forums and/or twitter on a regular basis.

They gave you an in game warning, you just chose not to look at the deposit cost before you posted the item. You just decided to ignore out of game and in game information about the change.
To address some issues related to the Auction House, we’re reconsidering how deposits—the refundable fees you pay to list your auctions—are calculated. This fee is based on the item’s vendor price, and for profession materials in particular, vendors offer very low prices, so these mats have a low deposit cost. Deposits are substantial on items such as BoE uncommon gear, gems, and so forth, but not trade skill materials (trade goods such as cloth, ore, leather, etc.).

One thing we’ve identified as particularly troublesome is a large volume of trade skill materials being auctioned off in stacks of 1. Some addons make posting quantities of this size trivial to do, resulting in dozens, if not hundreds, of pages of auctions for a single item. As we looked at ways to change this behavior and improve the overall Auction House experience, we found that we prefer to avoid inflexible solutions such as caps on the number of listings a player can make, or increased minimum stack counts, which might interfere with many players' common gameplay habits.

Our current plan is to increase the deposit cost of some profession materials on a per-stack basis, which should provide incentive for players to post items in larger stacks.

Here's an example:

• Let’s say that a player is trying to sell 200 Tidespray Linen for 10g (gold) each. Today, each item has the normal deposit cost of 1c (copper), with a 1s (silver) minimum deposit, so 1 auction of 200 linen requires a deposit of 1s, and 200 auctions of 1 linen each adds up to a total deposit of 2g.

• Now imagine an additional 20% deposit added to the listing fee per auction. With an asking price of 10g each, that raises the deposit by 2g per stack. In the case of 1 stack of 200 linen, the total buyout price is 2000g, and the new deposit is 2g1s. In the case of 200 individual stacks, the new deposit of an additional 2g per stack brings the total deposit up to 402g.

In either case, the deposit is returned to the seller if the item sells. Successful auctions aren’t affected by this change.

Our goal is to give players some forewarning on this change, and to gather feedback. We’re putting together a list of the items that would be affected by this deposit change, which we expect to be limited to high-quantity trade goods. Furthermore, we’re deploying the change to the PTR first, so that addon authors can work through the change while we test it thoroughly.

This change will likely be a temporary measure, as we’re also working to broadly improve the default Auction House in the future. It’s clear to us that many players use addons because they find the default Auction House interface inadequate. A temporary change to deposit fees will help with this in the short term, and we’ll continue to work on overall improvements to the Auction House for a future patch.

Not once does it mention anywhere about the deposit fee being tied to the listing fee. If anything, they double-down and confirm that it's tied to the vendor fee. And then mentioned increasing it by 20%

Vendor fee x 20% will not equal 800 gold. The point I'm making is that they changed how the auction house works, and did not properly document it. And because I acted under the assumption that it didn't change, I was deceived into wasting a lot of gold on deposits that I should not have.

I'm mad, because Blizzard did not mention anywhere in that statement that deposit costs were tied to listing fees. And even if they did, 1,000 gold deposits are unreasonable.
11/02/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Nausprime
I'm really frustrated that Blizzard would randomly jack up deposits of items like that, or even have them at such unreasonable numbers. Under no circumstance should a random herb item every cost over 100 gold per item to list. And if they really intended that price--for the love of God--FREAKING TELL THE PLAYERS!
They did. This was a well-publicized change made to combat people who were abusing the auction house by posting multiple single item auctions (like 200x 1 of an Herb instead of 8x 25, 4x 50, etc.) because it was having a severe effect on performance.

Since Blizzard could not readily change the backend code for the auction house, something they're probably doing on internal builds for a future patch, they made this change to discourage the practice.

It was announced multiple times and there were several threads discussing the issue here on the forums.
Stack of one - check
Stupid high price on stack of one - check
Insane deposit cost on said stack of one - check

Stack of one poster furious and getting what they deserve ---

Working as Intended.
11/02/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Mysfyre
Stack of one - check
Stupid high price on stack of one - check
Insane deposit cost on said stack of one - check

Stack of one poster furious and getting what they deserve ---

Working as Intended.

FUN DETECTED - FUN KEPT IN GAME
All I'm saying is that if they make fundamental changes to the auction house that they should document it properly, and the fact that you guys seem to be totally ok with being kept in the dark is crazy.

No where in that post did they mention that deposit prices will be tied to listing prices. If you can find it--share it. If not, then you guys are just jumping on the band-wagon to defend shady practices of rolling out undocumented changes which negatively affect the community, and that's just not cool.