Blizzard scammed me of almost 5k!

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
11/02/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Nausprime
08/22/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Ythisens
Now imagine an additional 20% deposit added to the listing fee per auction. With an asking price of 10g each, that raises the deposit by 2g per stack. In the case of 1 stack of 200 linen, the total buyout price is 2000g, and the new deposit is 2g1s. In the case of 200 individual stacks, the new deposit of an additional 2g per stack brings the total deposit up to 402g.

They're talking upwards of 402 gold for a stack of BFA materials. Why the heck is a random cata herb costing 800 gold (almost double the BFA material) to list.

Even if this change was logical. The idea of Cata stuff having vastly higher deposits costs has to be broken. Seriously, who'd want to buy or sell Cata herbs if the 'minimum' price to list a partial or full stack begins at 800 gold?

I wouldn't be so pissed if I lost like 100-500gold randomly with a reasonable increase, but losing upwards of 30,000 gold over a few weeks is broken.
Other reason I refuse to sell mats,I used to be but not anymore.
11/02/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Ahhsatan
Other reason I refuse to sell mats,I used to be but not anymore.

Um, git gud maybe?

You only lose the deposit if you cancel your own auction and the deposit is only high if you are trying to post stacks of 1 (crafting mats only) for ludicrous amounts.

Like the OP in her imgur posting a single Whiptail Stem* for ~5K.

*1/10 of a single herb.

Post decent sized stacks and don't be constantly canceling auctions trying to undercut someone by 2 copper and you'll have zero issues.
11/02/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Nausprime
I've probably lost around 30k over the past month posting stuff at ridiculous deposits, and never even noticing it.

I'm really frustrated that Blizzard would randomly jack up deposits of items like that, or even have them at such unreasonable numbers. Under no circumstance should a random herb item every cost over 100 gold per item to list. And if they really intended that price--for the love of God--FREAKING TELL THE PLAYERS!

I have a hard enough making gold the way it is, so I farm old content and throw everything on the market board with TSM. I'm just so frustrated that I've probably lost out on a lot of money due to some stupid decision Blizzard made. It's like they were trying to scam me out of my gold by giving some vendor trash an unreasonable deposit cost.

I'm just so pissed. At least with Azerorite armor, I was annoyed, but I knew Blizzard wanted to do good, but outright jacking up my deposit costs without telling me is borderline malicious.
then sell at normal stacks.. this is to prevent flooding in stacks of 1. Its purpose is being served
11/02/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Snowfox
11/02/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Torghen
Why are we still struggling with an AH that hasn't been updated significantly since Vanilla?

Part of it was the addons. More and more players started using addons that would just spamlist tons of single items. The more who do that, the worse it gets. The more who just have to -read- those lists, the worst it gets.

If it were just players listing those single items themselves, it wouldn't have been a problem. Throw in automation through addons - and it was.

I'm well aware of how TSM is set-up to default list singles out of the box. But even back in older expansions, players listed pages and pages of singles to push them to the top of listings and there was often far more items listed overall on the AH. Which is why I mentioned Wrath and hunter ammo. You could and still can set Auctioneer to list specific items to post as singles which is what players used at that time to do that.

Remember how players used to post tons of single glyphs as well, constantly undercutting each other, often using TSM in past expansions? Why could the AH handle that at the time, but not be capable now?

Personally, I think bringing the AH up to modern standards, including the UI should be a greater priority for the development team than it seems to be.
11/02/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Nausprime
So why are your deposit prices so much lower than mine? If it's true that you're being charged a lower price then there's a bug or the system is broken. Either way, I'm out a lot of gold, and I'm entitled to complain about it.

https://imgur.com/SmMWAcB
So you were posting single Whiptail Stems for 3999 gold each, and you want our sympathy because instead of you ripping of buyers, you got ripped off yourself instead?

No, you are not entitled to complain when your own scammy behaviour backfires.

However we are entitled to laugh our cute derrieres right off.
The deposit gets cheaper the more u put into a stack I think.
There are times when someone just needs 1 crafting mat, or maybe it has a low drop rate, so selling 1 is common (spider silk comes to mind from back in the day). And like others have said, why is this now a problem when people have been posting single stacks since literally forever? Why is it now causing a slower AH, or why is now so unbearable Blizz had to address it with such a terrible fix? While I don't get the reason behind selling say, 200 of 1 linen (other than trolling the AH), I've personally never had a problem with it because I use Auctionator. I assume most people use some sort of AH addon that lumps the single stacks into 1 listing?
Why would you sell herbs and ore in stacks of 1, normally when we buy these things we need more than that. I'd rather pay little bit more for a bigger stack then clicking endlessly at stacks of 1
11/02/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Barai
You get that back if it sells.

Therein is the problem, with all the fast undercutting and flood of mats, it dont always sell then you are out a hefty deposit and no sale. I dont use the AH anymore too expensive to risk a no sale. I just sell in trade. Imagine losing 800/1500 gold every time you post a stack. I think their fix for the AH was nothing more than another type of gold sink. Which is fine for players that have millions, but thats not the norm.

11/02/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Arkaz
Why would you sell herbs and ore in stacks of 1, normally when we buy these things we need more than that. I'd rather pay little bit more for a bigger stack then clicking endlessly at stacks of 1

You know blizz could have fixed the problem simple without breaking peoples wallets on deposits. Just make it so the lowest number stack for herbs and ore is 5, not 1 that can be put in the AH. Then those hefty fees didnt need to be implemented. Like i said average players dont have millions.
Stop posting single item stacks. We don't need 1500 listings of one item when half of them are single item stacks. This is what they were trying to fix, and it seems like it's worked.
I'm really frustrated that Blizzard would randomly jack up deposits of items like that, or even have them at such unreasonable numbers. Under no circumstance should a random herb item every cost over 100 gold per item to list. And if they really intended that price--for the love of God--FREAKING TELL THE PLAYERS!

They did we all knew.

It was a bandaid they put on to deal with the AH problems.

People post hundreds of single items instead of stacks bogging down the system. People scan those hundreds of single items bogging down the system. People then post thousands of single stacks which then turn around and get scanned again.

Haven't heard any updates on what the real fix for the AH is supposed to be though. All I know is at the start of the expansion the ah was completely unusable and now it it's usable.
It sounds more like you scammed yourself and are now blaming Blizzard.
11/02/2018 06:49 AMPosted by Nausprime
11/02/2018 06:49 AMPosted by Caelin

They didn't randomly jack it up, they informed us months ago about the change. You just haven't been playing attention, not their fault..

Blizzard said they'd increase the prices a bit. Not jack them up to 1,000 gold per item. Why doesn't MoP herbs list for 1,000 gold per item? Why are Cata herbs unreasonably high?

What is your list price per item and stack size?
11/02/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Emberpaws
hey guys, one of those dummies clogging the ah with small stacks has just appeared!

To be fair, there is no clogging in this instance. The item being listed is the only one available on the AH.
11/02/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Tobiás
11/02/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Emberpaws
hey guys, one of those dummies clogging the ah with small stacks has just appeared!

To be fair, there is no clogging in this instance. The item being listed is the only one available on the AH.

Whiptail Stem is useless until you have 10 to create 1. Most people would at least combine 10 first before selling, and even then selling a single Whiptail is silly because it's a herb. It's not rare or difficult to obtain. I understand OPs frustrations, but trying to sell a literal piece of a single herb for 4k is stupid and they'll more than likely lose their deposit because no one in their right mind will buy that. Lesson learned I hope: Don't post blindly just because TSM says it's okay.
the 20% deposit remains the same, no matter what amounts you post .. neither the posting methods or the posting fees are affiliated with each other.. I believe the 20% deposit is blizzards way of regaining control of the economy . more items are being stockpiled in the banks and less items are listed in the ah. for the first time in the 11 years ive been playing. my auction house listings are taking a loss... my sells are less than the cost of posting deposits. If i keep taking losses due to their bad ideal, im going down in a blaze of glory. all 35 auction house will be posting everything in stacks of 1, with a price so low , everyone would be stupid not to buy them. they have asked us to change our method of selling, and ive noticed a lot of people have. but in return their penalizing us by imposing this 20% deposit.. I have 5 diff auction house addons downloaded, but i only use one. the other day i had all 5 activated at once. and they quickly informed me to disable them.. I can think of many ways to bog down their system.. I DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME FOR HOURS AT A TIME, to accept losses due to their bad decisions... I will not go down without a fight...
Why are people sayin you get your deposit back if the auction expires? This is not true. If your auction does not sell you do not get the deposit/list price back.

If you did, there would be no point to either the deposit/list price.
I've probably lost around 30k over the past month posting stuff at ridiculous deposits, and never even noticing it.

I have a hard enough making gold the way it is, so I farm old content and throw everything on the market board with TSM. I'm just so frustrated that I've probably lost out on a lot of money due to some stupid decision Blizzard made. It's like they were trying to scam me out of my gold by giving some vendor trash an unreasonable deposit cost.

I'm just so pissed. At least with Azerorite armor, I was annoyed, but I knew Blizzard wanted to do good, but outright jacking up my deposit costs without telling me is borderline malicious.

The more they can make you spend the gold, the more likely you are to purchase a token with real money. That's all.
11/02/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Nausprime

I wouldn't be so pissed if I lost like 100-500gold randomly with a reasonable increase, but losing upwards of 30,000 gold over a few weeks is broken.

This is entirely your own fault. Even if they hadn't released a statement regarding the deposit changes you are ultimately responsible for paying attention to your listing prices. You have nobody to be pissed at except yourself. In typical GD fashion you will refuse to accept that this situation is entirely of your own making and will refuse to accept responsibility for your ignorance.
If it sells you get the deposit back.

Also, we were all informed of the change a while back, it's not new, it wasn't hidden, and honestly it was for the better of the game as a whole.

You may not like it, or see it that way, but it is.