I didn't play vanilla. I am hyped for Classic!

General Discussion
I cannot wait to explore the world as it was pre Cata.
I'd highly recommend visiting Azshara. It's a lot of fun.

Oh, and you should also make a NE and then head to Ironforge around level 5. Just to explore the world.
You’ll enjoy it my dude. It is such a great experience. It’s so challenging and rewarding.
Well I wish you well and hope you have a jolly good time with it!
You are convenienced by all of this free Gold laying around. Trust me, it won't be so pleasant when you're having to pay 10G per level to raise your skills to their highest rank (and this is while you also have to save up Gold for your inevitable Mount as well.)
11/02/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Elierra

Oh, and you should also make a NE and then head to Ironforge around level 5. Just to explore the world.

The crocs in Wetlands. Oh god...
Lol you are going to be disappointed hard.
"I didn't play vanilla. I am hyped for Classic!"

Oh, you poor child! I weep for the psychic scars that will permanently be part of your life. Once you begin down that path of pain, there is no turning back.

Awww, next you'll tell him to get the boat from Teldrassil to Stormwind.
11/02/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Thundris
Lol you are going to be disappointed hard.

How so?
The Wetlands run .. croc... yikes.. nightmares..
Fun fun fun
11/02/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Ayaani

The crocs in Wetlands. Oh god...

OP, be sure to roll a night elf!
I don't want to devote the time to replay vanilla, but Cata revamping was a mistake in my opinion.

Really ruined the atmosphere of some zones and hard to feel nostalgia when revisiting them today when you get some stupid stuff like a giant glowing hole slapped right in the middle of them that hasn't been relevant in 4 expansions.

We don't even get an option to go back in time like with some of the newer zone revamps.

Will be good for people to actually go back and see it all.
I really miss old Org, and am so excited to see it again. That was my first home and I really miss it.
You’re still collecting bear butts, pal. The models will just be less up-to-date.
If you get a wild idea to go exploring, ignore it! :)

Trust me Darkshire at level 10 feels like you walked straight into a nightmare. Bad things that want to kill you at every corner.
Classic Forums these are not. Go there.
I have a lot of fond memories playing then, but it wasn't all unicorns with rainbows coming out their rears. If you don't like the grind of current WoW, you really won't like the grind of vanilla WoW. Leveling was a LOT slower. If you don't like raiding, there isn't much for you to do beyond grinding rep and PvP. And while i enjoyed PvP, if you didn't have full PvP gear, you were going to get wrecked by raiders.
11/02/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Anaminus
I cannot wait to explore the world as it was pre Cata.

Good for you.

Classic forums are that way ------------------------------->
will be great to have you, Anaminus. No doubt Classic was not perfectly polished, but here is a VERY SHORT list of things you can look forward to:

1. Most of the World being relevant and worth exploring.
2. Professions being meaningful.
3. The world being DANGEROUS.
4. Friends and Guildies depending on you, and you depending on them.
5. Class uniqueness. (Yes, there is an element of rock, paper, scissors balancing, but every class will experience it.)
6. An immersive leveling experience.
7. Unpredictable, player driven gameplay (if you play on a PvP server, which I recommend). For example, you are level 52 and headed to BRD for the first time. On the way into Blackrock Mountain, a group of 10 level 60s of the opposing faction going to UBRS ganks your whole team. Your team is a PuG and each are members of a different guild, and they each spam guild chat asking for help. Before you know it, you have 25 level 60’s forming a raid group to help retaliate, and an all-out battle occurs in Blackrock Mountain. 3 epic hours later, your friends list has grown, and the combined guilds are planning an all-out assault on the opposing faction’s capital city.
8. Your mount being a badge of honor.
9. Your Epic mount being an EPIC badge of honor.
10. Downing raid bosses with your guild after hours of wipes, and feeling a HUGE sense of accomplishment. (I’m assuming you’re not a world first Mythic Raider, because, ya, that’s harder than anything in Classic. Retail WoW can cater to the casual player, or the ultra-hardcore. But not so much to the in-between player. If you want to be challenged, but not be forced to play 130 hours per week, then you’ll love classic raiding.)
11. Weird and wonderful trinkets.
12. Faction reps providing cool gear incentives and access to even MORE weird and wonderful trinkets.
13. Engineering.
14. The Shortcut to MC attunement.
15. The EPIC Ony attunement.
16. Getting buffed by random passers-by.
17. /1 Where is Mankirk’s wife??
18. Combatting the Devilsaur mafia.
19. Finally completing your very own UBRS seal of ascension.
20. Baron 45 min runs.
21. LBRS stealth runs, if you are a druid or rogue.
22. Dire Maul tribute runs.
23. HOLY COW THE RAPTOR MOUNT DROPPED and I had enough DKP.
24. Naked Corpse runs into OGR to run RFC if you are alliance.
25. Naked corpse runs into SW to run Stockades if you are horde.
26. BWL on farm? AQ not released yet? Run MC with 40 players of ONLY ONE CLASS. See how many bosses you can down.
27. Cold blood + Prep Rogues.
28. POM Pryo mages.
29. Shammys with Sulfuras.
30. MS warriors with Ashkandi.
31. Face-melting shadow priests.
32. Pallies that…just…won’t…DIE.
33. Druids that just…won’t…COME BACK HERE, YOU BASTARD!!
34. SL Warlocks. GG.
35. Huntards. Oh, and good Hunters. (“Is that a NE shadow-melded hunt…” *Aimed shot crits you for 1500; Multi shot crits you for 1300. … *release spirit*)
36. Finally… FINALLY…Stepping foot into proper Naxxramas (Naxx 40).