Constructive Feedback from Demo

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
11/02/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Lagooshka
Horde druids turn into modern bear forms instead of lions.

The first thing I did was make one to see the old form again and was instantly disappointed.

Aw :(
I thought keyrings came later, like in wrath? Are the keys separate items in your bag?
11/02/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Hitagi
I thought keyrings came later, like in wrath? Are the keys separate items in your bag?

It was in Classic, one of later patches.
A good post, hope they listen.
Keyring won't show up until you find your first key.

Additional issues I noticed:

Interface options and keybinds are not being saved in the client, they reset to default on logout/login.

Using the right-click "Report Player" instantly cleared all General chat (including from players not reported).
11/02/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Christhina
Keyring won't show up until you find your first key.

Do the temporary keys go into it? (I know I picked up a Kok'ron key off one of the centaur, and no keyring for that.)
It's crucial everything in this list is addressed before launch.
1) many spell animations are not from vanilla. mind blast, fade, and smite from priest are from a future expansion and not vanilla's.

2) orgrimmar music in the crossroads

3) 16 debuff slots, not 8

4) cant jump while you're swimming in water

5) need/greed chat log shows "main spec"

6) all new text font on some UI pages such as the vendors

7) ready check sound from raid is the new updated one, not the one from vanilla
I'm sorry OP, I didn't ready everything you had mentioned, but for hunters:
pets, and the "Aggressive, Passive and in between" buttons (I can't remember what the in between one is called), they're the same as what's in BFA currently (used to, passive made them do NOTHING, in between, they would attack what you attack, AND defend you, and aggressive made them go bonkers to anything nearby)
11/02/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Zevlach
11/02/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Roseblood
Wonky rogue regen

Wonky........

Could you or someone else elaborate with great detail?

From what I've read (reddit posts) energy is not regen'ing on ticks.
It's regen'ing in spurts and not consistent..hence the "wonky" description.

also with rogues..you can build up 5 combo points on target 1 and then hit target 2 using the 5 combo point build up damage.
11/02/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Gutterslag
Hell apparently the server we're playing on is months old and not even the current up-to-date version.

Yep, nothing even close to current versions get used publicly. If it’s not months old it’s still internal.
11/02/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Jareth
pets, and the "Aggressive, Passive and in between" buttons (I can't remember what the in between one is called), they're the same as what's in BFA currently (used to, passive made them do NOTHING, in between, they would attack what you attack, AND defend you, and aggressive made them go bonkers to anything nearby)

Also..all pet attack speeds are set to 2.0 which was a TBC change and not in vanilla.

The 3 modes were aggressive, defensive, passive.
11/02/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Truxton
greens dropping like crazy.
I forgot to mention this, in my "Feedback". Greens WERE dropping like crazy!
11/02/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Brockthorn
11/02/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Jareth

Also..all pet attack speeds are set to 2.0 which was a TBC change and not in vanilla.

The 3 modes were aggressive, defensive, passive.
Thank you, I know the one got renamed to just "Defend"...
The rogue combat points and pet attack speeds you guys mentioned are huge things that need addressed.
My major issues for me are the:

-sharding which I can tolerate for a week or two, after that get rid of it please.

-Regen and damage issues for sure need to be fixed, I was mage during vanilla and remember very well being able to go 2 sometimes 3 mobs before having to take some down time. From what Classic is showing wont need too do that, problem is I want too do that.

-Figured the LFR issue was just something they forgot to disable.

-Fort issue some have said that Fort was originally bugged in vanilla and that Blizzard has corrected how it works. Which is why you HP jumps and is full rather then increases and regens up.

-Meeting stones yes fix!! if you not in a group they should not work.

Other then these I dont have any other issues as of yet. But lets keep pressure on about sharding so it sinks in that we want it gone or at least around for as short a time as possible.
You can mail multiple items at once was not available in Vannila. It seems like mobs were not resisting my spells at the same rate as vanilla. As far as greens i made it to 19 got one so personally did not seem high. Hopefully the panel calms us some and answers many of our questions.
11/03/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Gwenda5FBBA9
My major issues for me are the:

-sharding which I can tolerate for a week or two, after that get rid of it please.

-Regen and damage issues for sure need to be fixed, I was mage during vanilla and remember very well being able to go 2 sometimes 3 mobs before having to take some down time. From what Classic is showing wont need too do that, problem is I want too do that.

-Figured the LFR issue was just something they forgot to disable.

-Fort issue some have said that Fort was originally bugged in vanilla and that Blizzard has corrected how it works. Which is why you HP jumps and is full rather then increases and regens up.

-Meeting stones yes fix!! if you not in a group they should not work.

Other then these I dont have any other issues as of yet. But lets keep pressure on about sharding so it sinks in that we want it gone or at least around for as short a time as possible.
i was drinking every 2-3 mobs as a mage in the demo but i also was not wanding often.
- Wonky rogue regen (I would appreciate more clarification on this from a rogue as I never played one in classic to test this myself)
Should be 20 energy every 2 seconds.
- movement speed is tweaked (this was reported by someone and is questionable as noted below, I couldn't actually tell myself when I was playing the demo)
If you're talking about streamer memes then they're most likely wrong. The only reason movement speed would appear faster is due to the increased FoV of widescreen support.
- hit boxes off
Off how? They are meant to be edge to edge and npcs should rotate 360 degrees to face you, it should be impossible to get behind an npc whilst in combat.
- updated interface/settings options including auto loot(I can accept this one as long as the spirit of the orginal gameplay is there)
This could have large implications to the generation of raw gold. Pickpocket from rogues never had autoloot, if they make autoloot baseline it could potentially double the amount of raw gold rogues can farm per hour by making pickpocketing much more efficient.
My personal biggest issues are how easy it was to smash through mobs
That's normal when you're using level 10 green weapons.
- no keyrings (unless it shows up later after you collect your first key? I don't remember how that used to work)
The keyring doesn't show up until you get a key. Thanks for writing a mature and specific post.