Constructive Feedback from Demo

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
11/03/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Clasicislife
- Entangling Roots works indoors]

It only works OUTDOORS.

I just tested it myself and was also unable to use it while indoors when I kited a mob in so I'm going to remove it. If it did happen in a certain building and should not have, then please provide more specific details so I can add it back to the list. As of now I have not been able to recreate it.

As for hp/mp regens, they are restoring faster than they should and not following the 5 second rule, so I'm leaving it.
11/02/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Brockthorn
11/02/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Jareth
I'm sorry OP, I didn't ready everything you had mentioned, but for hunters:
pets, and the "Aggressive, Passive and in between" buttons (I can't remember what the in between one is called), they're the same as what's in BFA currently (used to, passive made them do NOTHING, in between, they would attack what you attack, AND defend you, and aggressive made them go bonkers to anything nearby)

Also..all pet attack speeds are set to 2.0 which was a TBC change and not in vanilla.

The 3 modes were aggressive, defensive, passive.

If Broken Tooth is nerfed, it’s trash.
11/03/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Roseblood
11/03/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Clasicislife
- Entangling Roots works indoors]

It only works OUTDOORS.

I just tested it myself and was also unable to use it while indoors when I kited a mob in so I'm going to remove it. If it did happen in a certain building and should not have, then please provide more specific details so I can add it back to the list. As of now I have not been able to recreate it.

As for hp/mp regens, they are restoring faster than they should and not following the 5 second rule, so I'm leaving it.
Where are you getting your benchmark info?
Excellent post, OP.
11/03/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Narya
Yes, if you tame a pet at low level the pet will shrink. They will grow as you and the pet gain levels.

Auto loot was in the interface settings by 1.12 (I need to be carefully never to say "originally," I didn't play 1.1).

Zones only showed as "Contested Territory" if you were on a PvP realm. Neither Westfall nor the Barrens should be expected to show as anything at all if the demo realms are all PvE.

I was wondering about the pvp servers myself, and they don't have any up to be able to test this.
Nice work Bro.
11/03/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Clasicislife

My original post was things I found while playing the demo, and I've been adding to it with feedback from other people and trying to confirm it as best I can. This is just feedback of what we've found for the dev team.

If by benchmark you mean what it should be to be classic, I'm going based on memory, old wikis, old videos from like, 2006 and other player testimony. I do know for a fact the 5 second rule was a thing as I was a healer in classic and that was an important mechanic I very much remember.
11/02/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Roseblood
Issues I and others found:

- sharding/server phasing

I'd be fine with giving the Classic team the benefit of the doubt on the other issues. But intending to keep sharding is unacceptable.
11/03/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Clasicislife

The fast regen is a wotlk change. It went to a flat percentage of health and lower level toons got faster regen in and out of combat.
11/03/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Narya

Zones only showed as "Contested Territory" if you were on a PvP realm. Neither Westfall nor the Barrens should be expected to show as anything at all if the demo realms are all PvE.

Ahh, thank you, I didn't know this, but that makes sense.

Also I attempted to trade water to someone and it told me I can't do that in the starter edition. (I don't have a subscription so I'm guessing that's why). I didn't see any other restrictions related to the starter edition.
11/03/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Roseblood
<span class="truncated">...</span>Where are you getting your benchmark info?

My original post was things I found while playing the demo, and I've been adding to it with feedback from other people and trying to confirm it as best I can. This is just feedback of what we've found for the dev team.

If by benchmark you mean what it should be to be classic, I'm going based on memory, old wikis, old videos from like, 2006 and other player testimony. I do know for a fact the 5 second rule was a thing as I was a healer in classic and that was an important mechanic I very much remember.
Thanks. I just tested it. Mana regen did not start until 5 sec after combat cleared. Regen rate was 23 mana every other second. Seems right to me from what I remember.
Just tested again and this time the pause after combat clear was 6 seconds. Using a stopwatch here.
11/03/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Clasicislife
Just tested again and this time the pause after combat clear was 6 seconds. Using a stopwatch here.

Hmm well if anything it does seem inconsistent. I'll test it again too.

Also, the 5 second rule is not based on combat for mana, its based on casting.

The 5 second timer should start as soon as you finish a spellcast, even while in combat. Also putting you back into no mana regen (unless specced otherwise) doesn't begin until you finish a spellcast. So if you are out of the 5 seconds and gaining mana at a full rate, cast a spell and cancel half way through you are not put into the 5 second timer, again both in and out of combat this is how it should work.

Just tested it. It is returning mana after 5 seconds as it should, both in and out of combat. I was getting mana back every 2 seconds after such which is accurate. It still felt like I was getting a lot of mana back and more so, health. This is just a feeling and nothing I can personally check on old formulas vs new, etc. Just my own feedback. Could be because we were given greens with spirit to start? I dont know.

Edit - it also appears that according to wowpedia: prior to 1.4 mana returns stopped even during spellcasting, which was not the case, it was working as I mentioned above when I cancel casts I started immediately getting mana back. I don't know if anyone wants to get that nitpicky though, as long as we have our 5 second rule back, as we do, I think that should be acceptable.
Actually, mana regen does not start until at least 5 sec after LAST CAST. And 56.39 sec from OOM to full mana does not seem sped up to me. From what I remember.
11/02/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Toushin
To OP: I dont think stats is an issue, vanilla itemization was crap so if they changed it for the better then its way better than how it was. Some classes were designed to be way too gear dependent that with how crappy itemization was they didnt do well until naxx while you have class like rogue that can go in whites and out dps other dps classes.

Health & resource regen does need to be ton down, because it is way too high in the demo and I hope its only like that for demo purpose. As for greens dropping easily, after thinking about it I think it is fine especially for that lvl since that is the toughest lvling period. At higher lvl greens isnt even rare to see so to see it more often for 10-20 would really make the experience flow better since classes lack a lot of spells & anything under green doesnt give stats.

11/02/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Ellilaine

I got it from actually playing vanilla and buying one that sat in my bag...

Unlike you, I actually have played real live vanilla WoW...

The key ring is like the other person stated, it was in between your bags and options icon. I dont remember when they added it to the game but that was how it was. Before that was added keys were simply in your bag, there were never key rings that goes in the bags but actual keys themselves.

This is correct.
Would be great if these points were addressed at the panel today.
- if someone has pvp enabled and you attempt to buff/heal them you are unable to do so until you manually enable pvp yourself. I believe in vanilla you would just be automatically flagged for pvp if you healed a flagged player (As a priest in classic I also remember this being the case when I would do run-by buffings)

I ran into a guy who had either a dueling flag up or what looked like the gurubashi arena pvp vs all non grouped characters flagged. We grouped and I couldn't buff him even after I enabled pvp.

Also my character killed his in duel. Could be flag related. But I remember in BC sometimes people just died from dots in duels.

- meeting stones summon people

This warlock I'm posting on was created at the same patchin Vanilla Blizzard is trying to recreate and there were summon stones. The first weekend my guild took me to SFK and end of week we went SM, and both had summon stones, and my guild had to fight horde to use the stone. Then horde would attack us and use stone.

It's possible not all the summon stones were there of course. But those 2 were there.
11/02/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Shuffix
11/02/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Hitagi
I thought keyrings came later, like in wrath? Are the keys separate items in your bag?

It was in Classic, one of later patches.

Off the top of my head, I'll say it was around 1.8.
Something seems off about mob dodge and weapon skill. After playing my warrior for a couple hours I never had a mob dodge (to proc overpower) even a single time. The only time a mob ever dodged my attack was after I put on a new weapon type and had low weapon skill.