Constructive Feedback from Demo

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/03/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Clasicislife
Actually, mana regen does not start until at least 5 sec after LAST CAST. And 56.39 sec from OOM to full mana does not seem sped up to me. From what I remember.

It also depends on your Spr and MP5
Actually, mana regen does not start until at least 5 sec after LAST CAST. And 56.39 sec from OOM to full mana does not seem sped up to me. From what I remember.

How can you possibly remember those kinds of details from 14 years ago ?
This post gives me hope that the classic community will be close to what it was and that puts a smile on my face and after the week I've had I needed that so ty
I continue to test mana regen.

Using a 15 druid with no buffs, no talents and no item-based increases, mana regens from OOM to full in 54 sec at a rate of 9.5 per sec, every other sec. Again, this does not feel sped up. Especially when out fighting mobs. I most definitely have to stop and drink if I want to keep a continuous pace.

In contrast, using a 15 druid on Retail with no buffs, no talents and no item-based increases, mana regens from OOM to full in 2 min 4 seconds at a rate of 5.9 per sec in a continuous stream.

Of course, the decreased mana requirements of spells and the continuous nature of regen in Retail effectively makes the druid able to cast Rejuvenation indefinitely (from the perspective of gameplay). In contrast, the Classic druid can pump out 13 consecutive Rejuvenation spells before he OOMS.

Clearly, we shouldn't be comparing Classic to Retail to establish consistency with Vanilla, but it was an interesting test.

Thus far, I have no reason to believe that the Classic regen isn't consistent with regen in 1.12.
11/03/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Muassie
This post gives me hope that the classic community will be close to what it was and that puts a smile on my face and after the week I've had I needed that so ty

Thanks! Just trying to do my part in a helpful way! Though this community has gotten rather heated over the last few days it really just reminds of the townhall meetings from Parks and Rec. And Leslie put it the best way, she sees a community of passionate people who care.

“What I hear when I’m being yelled at is people caring loudly at me.” - Leslie Knope

Funny quote aside, I'm glad most everyone has kept this thread civil and constructive.
11/03/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Clasicislife

Using a 15 druid with no buffs, no talents and no item-based increases, mana regens from OOM to full in 54 sec at a rate of 9.5 per sec, every other sec. Again, this does not feel sped up. Especially when out fighting mobs. I most definitely have to stop and drink if I want to keep a continuous pace.

In contrast, using a 15 druid on Retail with no buffs, no talents and no item-based increases, mana regens from OOM to full in 2 min 4 seconds at a rate of 5.9 per sec in a continuous stream.

Of course, the decreased mana requirements of spells and the continuous nature of regen in Retail effectively makes the druid able to cast Rejuvenation indefinitely (from the perspective of gameplay). In contrast, the Classic druid can pump out 13 consecutive Rejuvenation spells before he OOMS.

Clearly, we shouldn't be comparing Classic to Retail to establish consistency with Vanilla, but it was an interesting test.

Thus far, I have no reason to believe that the Classic regen isn't consistent with regen in 1.12.

Indeed it was an interesting test!
11/03/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Brockthorn

How can you possibly remember those kinds of details from 14 years ago ?
I can't. But I can remember the overall gameplay experience. And what I am experiencing now is very familiar. I started playing in 1.10, but didn't really hit it hard until a couple weeks after 1.12 dropped. And I played an ungodly amount of WoW in 1.12. Those early experiences are burned into my memory. Not the regen numbers, but the experience. And Classic feels just like that experience. Including how often I OOM and have to eat/drink. The Classic experience fits my memory like a glove.

But the numbers I'm reporting now are accurate. Tested right now in the game.
11/02/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Eilethalua
11/02/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Christhina
Keyring won't show up until you find your first key.

Do the temporary keys go into it? (I know I picked up a Kok'ron key off one of the centaur, and no keyring for that.)

My memory says Remo keys do not go into the ring, and at one point didn't even stack I'm your bags.
11/03/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Kiki
Something seems off about mob dodge and weapon skill. After playing my warrior for a couple hours I never had a mob dodge (to proc overpower) even a single time. The only time a mob ever dodged my attack was after I put on a new weapon type and had low weapon skill.
I've seen a lot of dodges, misses and spell resists from mobs. Increasing as the mob's level is equal to, or greater than, mine. Not sure what the difference is for you.
11/03/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Clasicislife
Something seems off about mob dodge and weapon skill. After playing my warrior for a couple hours I never had a mob dodge (to proc overpower) even a single time. The only time a mob ever dodged my attack was after I put on a new weapon type and had low weapon skill.
I've seen a lot of dodges, misses and spell resists from mobs. Increasing as the mob's level is equal to, or greater than, mine. Not sure what the difference is for you.

I think I remember something about mob level vs your level vs weaponskill being a factor. Others have reported that at max weaponskill mobs no longer dodge so I left it in the list as something for the devs to look into. If they feel it is working as intended thats fine with me.
11/03/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Clasicislife

Here's some math on regen:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mana_regeneration
Druid, Shaman, Monk, Priest, Paladin
SpiritRegen = 1.1287*SPI

Another article with more detailed testing and numbers:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Spirit
11/03/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Brockthorn

SpiritRegen = 1.1287*SPI

Thanks!
11/03/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Brockthorn

SpiritRegen = 1.1287*SPI
Is this a 1.12 figure? And is it per tic or per second?

If per tic, my Classic druid's unmodified mana regen should be 41.7619 per tic (1.1287 * 37).

if per second, it should be 41.7619 per second.

In testing the Classic demo, my druid's regen is 9.1486 mana per second in last test. So if that number you brought is 1.12, Classic's regen is at best, half the regen of 1.12 and, at worst, 25% of regen of 1.12. I'm thinking the number you brought is not 1.12.
This is the best post on these forums. Glad to see everyone not overdramatic nut. =)
11/03/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Clasicislife

I've definitely seen misses/block/parry and spell resists, it seems to specifically be dodges. I'm not sure exactly how it worked on retail but I believe an even con mob should always have a base chance to dodge, increasing/decreasing depending on it's weapon skill relative to yours. I am playing a human right now (+sword skill) so this might be part of it, still worth investigating though because it seems weird.
According to this:
Further testing on my 60 druid gives me 37 or 38 regen per tick with no spirit gear on (only base spirit of 110). Adding 20 spirit gives 41 or 42. Seems to be 15.5 + spirit/5 instead of the listed 15. --Jeffrey0 22:56, 18 August 2006 (EDT)
Classic is pretty close to these figures, even a little low:

Vanilla on 8/18/06: 15 + (37/5) = 22.4 per tic
Classic on 11/3/18: 18.2972 per tic

Although it's not a pure test. He was using a 60 druid. Me, a 15. 1.12 didn't drop until 22 August; his post is 18 august.
Proof of somehow being ffa pvp flagged in demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/k2okho7o36fa88e/ffa_pvp_flagged.jpg

Edit: My mouse is hovering over the pvp flag thing on my portrait, looks like ss doesn't capture that, that's why the tooltip is showing. This was taken about an hour ago, and I have been flagged like this for some time.
11/03/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Kiki
I've definitely seen misses/block/parry and spell resists, it seems to specifically be dodges. I'm not sure exactly how it worked on retail but I believe an even con mob should always have a base chance to dodge, increasing/decreasing depending on it's weapon skill relative to yours. I am playing a human right now (+sword skill) so this might be part of it, still worth investigating though because it seems weird.

Agreed that its at least worth investigating.

11/03/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Anyr
Proof of somehow being ffa pvp flagged in demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/k2okho7o36fa88e/ffa_pvp_flagged.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot, this does help!
After both playing with a tester's mindset and a player's mindset, I went ahead and added my final thoughts to the original post. I'm eager to hear what the panel has to say and am hopeful for the future of this project. Maybe we'll get some questions answered, and maybe they'll actually look at our feedback and address some of the things that need to be fixed. As always, feel free to keep adding your thoughts and findings. The best way to keep a project alive and on the right track is through communication!
This thread absolutely needs bumped to the top, especially with it being more constructive and not full blown childish screeching, and showing things that definitely can be easily fixed\adjusted in an easy to read\understand format.

Perfect.

Keep it up.

I'd also like to confirm a few things

Yes, the keyring only shows up when you receive your first key, NOT including (at the time) keys to unlock cages for quests, that did go into your bags.

Yes, Rogue energy regen wasn't consistent like it is now in retail, and in Classic-BC (Wrath saw the first changes to how it started morphing to current day)
it did come in tics, and that's why rogues had the addon Energy Watch, which would show you when your next energy tic would be so you can plan your next move. Proof of that addon (other than linking the files to it directly) is good ol' Grim's Total Annihilation video, which you can see the addon in working form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNt_8xcOZw&t=480s

As for auto loot, yes it did exist with shift clicking, just no interface option, and there was also an addon to help speed it up even more, can would also put the loot box to where your mouse was hovering for click looting. can't truly remember the name of it, I apologize, but it existed.

Definitely everyone keep adding more to this thread in the constructive way that's been exercised so far.