WoW killer.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
There has never been a better opportunity for one to come out. To bad there's none on the horizon.

Oh well, I still love this game and will continue to play it.......for now.
I hope the devs start paying attention.
Ashes of Creation
11/02/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Valkios
Ashes of Creation

Yeah, this is the one I’ve got my eyes on. Though Pantheon looks like it could be fun too.
11/02/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Nyraethiir
11/02/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Valkios
Ashes of Creation

Yeah, this is the one I’ve got my eyes on. Though Pantheon looks like it could be fun too.

Yes, I feel those 2 are the best in development.

Heck, I had so many disappointments with MMOs before, but what I like about Ashes of Creation is that the owner is pretty much the Batman of MMORPGs, the dude is Rich and love MMOs, and seems to be really aware of what the community likes.
Wait.. Age of Conan was supposed to be the WoW killer.. or when ever a LOTR mmorpg came out it was also supposed to kill WoW..
The problem with "WoW Killers" is they try to be too different than WoW. WoW is the model for what an MMO should be. What needs to happen is an MMO very similar to WoW, without all the foolish anti-MMO, anti-Grind, Pro-Fluffy and anti-Difficulty stuff the game devolved in to.

IMO
WoW Killer?? - WoW itself when the developers and ownership just don't care anymore.
diablo immortal will kill wow.
and now we wait.
Doesn't need to be a WoW killer, they are doing a good job of that themselves
11/02/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Robölogy
The problem with "WoW Killers" is they try to be too different than WoW. WoW is the model for what an MMO should be. What needs to happen is an MMO very similar to WoW, without all the foolish anti-MMO, anti-Grind, Pro-Fluffy and anti-Difficulty stuff the game devolved in to.

IMO

You know what you just described?

Wildstar.

How'd that turn out?
11/02/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Actasanc
Wait.. Age of Conan was supposed to be the WoW killer.. or when ever a LOTR mmorpg came out it was also supposed to kill WoW..

What about that one other one? Final Fantasy XIV, was it?
Yeah, that one didn't go over so well...

... oh bugger, it stood up again!

---

In all honesty, I'm surprised FFXIV didn't get mentioned earlier here. It's carved out its own place and fared very well since it's re-launch (after the admittedly horrific initial launch).

Will it kill WoW? Unlikely.

... but it is in the best position to claim a potentially vacated throne...
11/02/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Morvoth
Doesn't need to be a WoW killer, they are doing a good job of that themselves

Lol so true
Gah I remember when Rift and Aion were the WoW killers. I've lost track of them all over the years.
Who would thunk that the WoW killer would be it's own company?

Sad, but kinda funny.
The wow killer is already out.

It’s called “the current dev team”.
There has never been a better opportunity for one to come out. To bad there's none on the horizon.

It was WoD... Wild Star came out... Look how that turned out.

As much as people hate on WoW it has the best endgame content. Look at FF 14 it's end game content is pretty bad. ESO is even worse.

WoW has been the King for 15 years for a reason and it's end game content.

No no no...

It was LoTRO was going to be the game that killed WoW. Then it was Dungeons and Dragons Online. After that it was Age of Conan, then it was Warhammer Fantasy Online. I think Aion is in there somewhere as well. We then have Rift and I did see a few people say Star Trek Online would kill WoW. Then we have Old Republic wait I'm sorry I didn't call it by it's true name the TORtanic. Oh and a few people proclaimed The Secret World was going to do it and after that it was Guild Wars 2 and I think Tera was in there somewhere. Oh I did forget about FFXIV and WildStar as those are going to do WoW in.

I think Elder Scrolls Online was the first game that didn't get called a WoW killer as ya know... No one wanted Elder Scrolls Online.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within"

Their only new IP is a mobile game that's a copy-past of skins from existing content. And they got triggered and insulted their audience when asked why its not coming to PC.

They then bilked $50 from mindless addicts who already owned the game they were letting players "demo"...for an HOUR for $50...that is going to take them a year to re-release.

This isn't serious stuff, this is a bunch of greying guys with old ideas milking every last cent out of fanboys more addicted to their franchises than most are to crack.
11/02/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Ticklepatch

Lol no game will kill wow or even have a chance just nonsense to think anything could. Time will kill wow and people will spread out amongst other games
I remember when Rift killed WoW
and when LotRO killed WoW
and Tera
and ESO
and GW2
and AoC
and SW:ToR
and WildStar
and FFXIV
and Destiny
and Destiny 2

Huh...