WoW killer.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
WoW isn't even a good MMO tbh, It always had a loose and casual feel where community wasn't as important as most other "older" MMOs

I only play it now because it's the last man standing

In the mid 2000s when there was better quality competition like FF11 - Everquest - DAOC - SWG, WoW wasn't even a top 3 MMO
MMOs are a dead genre. There will be no WoW killer. WoW will die peaceful in the night.
11/13/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Shamoke
WoW isn't even a good MMO tbh, It always had a loose and casual feel where community wasn't as important as most other "older" MMOs

In the mid 2000s when there was better quality competition like FF11 - Everquest - DAOC - SWG, WoW wasn't even a top 3 MMO

You lost any cred you had when you said SWG.

By the time WoW came out SWG was utter garbage.
11/02/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Ticklepatch
There has never been a better opportunity for one to come out. To bad there's none on the horizon.

Oh well, I still love this game and will continue to play it.......for now.
I hope the devs start paying attention.

its wow
Just wait. It will definitely be Maplestory 2 that kills wow.
11/13/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Plakk

If Blizzard manages to kill WoW when MS2 is growing, does that mean MS2 can take credit?
Warframe is not killing WoW anytime soon, but i'm sure as hell has dragged players from it. At least the grind there is more engaging and rewarding.
11/13/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Mahatma

I've said it before, and I will say it again... the only thing that can actually kill wow, is wow itself.

While I have been disappointed by many of the decisions Blizzard has made (starting with Warlords), and believe that the game currently has numerous issues, I don't think it is dying (at least not more than any game could expect to be after 14 years). At worst, it is seriously ill, but it is not yet critical, and it is possible for the devs to fix what is wrong. The only question is: Will they?

WoD for all its flaws didn't rely on MoP content to keep the players engaged. BfA is the worst expansion ever IMO.
11/13/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Quenching
11/13/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Plakk

If Blizzard manages to kill WoW when MS2 is growing, does that mean MS2 can take credit?

Of course! Blizzard sees the writing on the wall and they want to make the transition to Maplestory 2 as easy as possible.
11/13/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Lathander
11/13/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Shamoke

#NGEGANG stay mad
11/02/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Ticklepatch
There has never been a better opportunity for one to come out. To bad there's none on the horizon.

WOW's killer was released on November 23rd, 2004. It is just a long, slow and profitable kill.
11/13/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Shamoke

#NGEGANG stay mad

Yeah, apparently the world was best when you didn't have a personal starship and you had to play the game several times over to ultra prestige to get a jedi.

Anyways, please people, continue your neckbeard measuring contest. Here, I'll add new fodder!

*ahem*

Diablo 3 as it stands right now, is better than Diablo 2. Fight me.
Not really an MMO but Spellbreak is going to KILL all other games! It looks so good OMG!!!!!!
Only we can kill wow, the moment everyone stops playing this !@#$
As long as Ion wields the Pathfinder blade he's the WoW killer!

Don't go thinking you're a hero with that pig sticker, more like Leeroy Jenkins with less fans.

/sarcasm

#PathfinderSucks
Actually. The True WoW Killer is WoW Itself.

Also the Devs slowly ruining this game and the Community itself.
WoW isn't the biggest MMO anymore. And enough MMOs have seen success that it's proven you don't need to be a "wow killer" to have a successful game.

And with how low BFA sets the bar, other MMOs don't even need to work very hard to put out a game that can compete with WoW in terms of "how fun is this game to play".

About the only advantage WoW offers is you can convert gold into store money and buy other games. So it's kind of like a part time job that can be used to supplement gaming purchases. Which makes sense considering the game feels like a job and not a game you play simply to have a fun experience in your downtime.

SWG didn't start to go downhill until the "combat upgrade" and wasn't complete garbage until the NGE. Wow came out before the "combat upgrade."
The only advantage WOW has over other MMOs is it's age....people have a lot of time invested and have a hard time letting go. Blizz knows this and capitalizes, albeit, bets that as long as every new xpac sells a few million pre packs, bring in around 10+ million subs peak and then hold onto around 1.5 til the end they will still see a profit...esp. with the cost of transfers, race changes, etc...

Once players realize that it is all just pixels and like in RL they cannot take it with them then they can let go and move on and many are. Blizzcon showed how invested the Devs are in our entertainment....they aren't. We are just grass that has been consumed and now they are eyeballing greener fields in Asia. So be it. AoC.
11/02/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Darkgary
WoW Killer?? - WoW itself when the developers and ownership just don't care anymore.

Then why stay subbed if you're so unhappy with the game?!?