does anyone else feel bad for the alliance?

General Discussion
the horde gets all of the cool story development whereas the alliance just kinda...exists. there's a retread of the story with garrosh but this time horde players get a choice of who to side with. alliance players...get mecha gnomes.
:(
I don't really feel bad since self-pity can become debilitating, but I do feel angry and not willing to negotiate.
I can muster up the smallest violin playing just for them, but thats it.
I feel bad for everyone. Sylvanas fans, true horde Saurfang fans, Alliance players,etc. BFA is trash.
It's apparently easier to make the classic bad guys simply misunderstood underdogs, giving them depth, as opposed to making good guys actually interesting.
Granted they have been working on that with Anduin. He has the struggle of maintaining a sense of morality while trying lead his people.
Genn is the more violent eager leader of the Alliance who is quick to kill. Kul' Tiran's have some divided politics (and Pirates!)
So we'll see
I feel bad for the poor soul who decided to name his character after Sonichu, of all the things.
We're used to it now

At least finally got worgen updates with what it seems like no compromises this time

Legion was fun while it lasted....
The story direction seems horrible. I mean we're STILL waiting to see any real response from the night elves. Their big tree got burned, why isn't there an army of elves mobilized in flight form firing off shots of bird splat on lordaeron?

The fact that this is going down a Garrosh 2.0 tread is the most disappointing. Have they really run out of ideas but to just redo the ''misguided/unfit horde leader'' idea? Can we get Varian back? He was cool...I miss him. I was also Hype at the idea this expac was solely to focus on a faction war arc. But if we're just throwing old god stuff into the mix then its just MoP 2.0 honestly.

Furthermore why are they dragging Sylv down like this? You can do so much with her but you want to make her Garry? What a waste. Anduin is also extremely weak as a character. Instead of pushing him up quickly to have him be a person of true authority and confidence they want to take the emotional teenager route.

Well I tell you it took Varian being imprisoned in a fighters pit to push him up the ladder faster. Anything less than kidnapping Anduin and torturing him won't make him tough, it just makes him seem indecisive and lame.
I'm cool with just getting mechagnomes if the A-side plot isn't as hamfisted.

I just want nelves to be like Malfurion in that cinematic.
I kinda do.

I mean, everyone ask why there's such a huge faction imbalance, but the real answer is that the lore of the Alliance is crap. What race has good lore? Dwarves are the most interesting with the war of the 3 clans, but besides that nothing more. Draeneis are refugees, Night Elves are druid peaceful people, humans are guys in horses, etc. Those races have almost no heroes.

In the other side the orc clans are full of badass guys with an expansion focused around orcish culture and heroes. Trolls are the oldest empire in Azeroth, taming dinosaurs and great beasts with voodoo magic and weird stuff, forsaken are vengeful zombies using the plague.

Well, you see the point.

And now even the Alliance cinematics are about the Horde XD

Give those blue people some better lore.
Bro, you know the night elves are part of the alliance? Their upcoming story is freaking awesome.
11/03/2018 01:29 AMPosted by Bleeds
why isn't there an army of elves mobilized in flight form firing off shots of bird splat on lordaeron?

Uhm. You know the Alliance attacked Lordaeron and drove the Horde out of it, right? I mean, sure that wasn't the night elves specifically, but if they want to wreak petty revenge via guano they'll have to pick somewhere else.
11/03/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Magnarok
Bro, you know the night elves are part of the alliance? Their upcoming story is freaking awesome.
all i've seen/heard about that is tyrande becoming the night warrior and subsequently jobbing to nathanos
11/03/2018 01:18 AMPosted by Sönichu
the horde gets all of the cool story development whereas the alliance just kinda...exists. there's a retread of the story with garrosh but this time horde players get a choice of who to side with. alliance players...get mecha gnomes.

Now now, dont be unfair. We also got a cinematic where our king said that the weak and puny alliance cant defeat the big strong horde unless the strong honorable orc man helps us. At least the warfront intro was cool.
11/03/2018 01:36 AMPosted by Wayn
We also got a cinematic where our king said that the weak and puny alliance cant defeat the big strong horde unless the strong honorable orc man helps us.

All Anduin said was that he couldn't kill Sylvanas. (Which is objectively true, since she can turn into a banshee and do whatever else the plot requires, although I'm not sure how he plans for a warrior to help him.) One presumes he's read the script and knows how much plot armor she has.
I think the problem is Blizzard is under the impression that they are a company that builds "epic moments". The problem is that what people consider epic is when a long story that they are invested in comes to a satisfactory conclusion. Arthas being a prime example. If you make a "What is you greatest memory of WoW?" type thread, there will probably be 50%+ representation of killing LK in Wrath. That's because people cared about the story.

Now contrast that with the Night Warrior thing. It is supposed to be a fist pump moment for Nelf fans. Then problem is that they created the "epic moment" first, and hacked together a story around it. The story often makes little sense, and because of that it does not have the response they are supposed to get.

I'm sure it's the same with Saurfang. I'm sure they have some "epic moment" planned where he goes down in a blaze of glory saving the horde he loves dearly. But the story around it is just a basic copy paste of MoP to where even Saurfang's biggest fans are starting to get dissappointed. When that moment happens, I'm sure it will not be as memorable for Saurfang's fans as what just regular WoW players felt killing Arthas.
Lets be fair, you play Alliance. We've been second bananas to the Horde story for years now.

After Wrath of the Lich King. Any sound development went out the window.
Cataclysm
- Alliance had parodies while the Horde had progressive story telling about Garrosh as Warchief, and the impact of the Horde expansion into Kalimdor.

- Alliance involvement was absolutely missing, and riddled with parodies. Clear cut content replaced with Thrall-gasms.

Pandaria
- Alliance and Horde started even and strong, but swiftly died as the Horde had their growing rebellion against Garrosh.

- The Throne of Thunder / Isle of Thunder had a faction rise to opening the Island, but the Horde were the only ones that got anything out of it (Anima Golems)

- 5.3 happened, Robot Cats for Alliance, Amazing town takeover for the Horde started from Sen'jin to Razor Hill.

- 5.4: Horde and Alliance siege Orgrimmar, the alliance get nothing but the chance to hand Orgrimmar over on a silver f-ing platter to the Horde. We don't even get a pat on the back for our help.

Warlords of Draenor:
- Neither faction really got any love. But the Horde story certainly had a far more fluid flow from Frostfire Ridge into Gorgrond.

Legion:
- Really only complaint was the lack of Horde involvement, but the payoff for the Horde was the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren.

Battle for Azeroth:
- Allied Races: The alliance got two butt-pull races that had no real lore behind them. while the Horde went home with two factions we worked with since Launch.

- Repeating Mists of Pandaria, but a clear narrative drop almost starts at the endgame. Alliance don't secure any victories, go into Kul Tiras as prisoners, and the whole Alliance War Campaign is a total joke. Getting our rear-ends handed to time and again just to kill some vampires.

- Alliance isn't getting any golden narrative story while the Horde are struggling with identities between honor and survival.

- 8.1 is announced, and the Alliance does nothing new. Attacks Dazar'alor and kills their king. But gets nothing else out of it beyond a frozen gnome king and the Horde getting a new Allied Race... ultimately failing our goal.
Feel bad.....for us?

We have a Saurfang, and there is nothing YOU can do about it.
When they were leading up to the mount reveal for Kul'Tiran's, while strongly implying it was gonna be another horse, I thought they were just stringing us along and were going to duck the stereotypical horse at the last second clowning with us.... nope.

Turns out we get yet another horse, in an expansion that just gave us 4 more horse mounts from the new reps. This is absurd and ridiculous. Enough with the horses.