Warcraft 3: Reforged

General Discussion
Today I logged into World of Warcraft and decided to check out the forums for fun. When I typed in worldofwarcraft.com, the site immediately popped up with "Warcraft 3: Reforged, prepurchase." Being somewhat interested, I decided to click on the link and watch a few video clips. While watching the video clips, I also immediately noticed the major overhaul update in graphic designs inside Warcraft 3: Reforged.

So, with that being said, the big question is, Blizz, "Why haven't you been constantly updating the graphics of World of Warcraft to keep up with the other video games that are being released?" You releasing Warcraft 3: Reforged, has proven to me that you have the capability of doing it.
They update the engine every expansion. Just because people don't like the art style doesn't make it bad.

I'm excited for Warcraft 3: Reforged though.
They have been
11/03/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Acid
They have been

11/03/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Kentaurus
They update the engine every expansion. Just because people don't like the art style doesn't make it bad.

Very little graphic updates, no where near the other video games.
I suspect eventually Reforged's graphics will make their way full circle into World of Warcraft Remastered.
11/03/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Volley
I suspect eventually Reforged's graphics will make their way full circle into World of Warcraft Remastered.

It would be nice :). Then the question comes into play, "When is this remaster going to happen?"
11/03/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Looksquirrel
They have been

Because it's a constant, massive world- they do it bits at a time, and just comparing models updated this xpac such as quillboars and gophers is a colossal change.

But they can't just suddenly come out with the entire world being fully updated, that'd be far too much an undertaking.

Upgrading SC or WC3 though- those games are tiny, and you can just make an utterly new game rather than having to rely on the same engine at all.

Whenever posts like these are made, it really makes me wonder how when people put years of time into this game they still can't piece together that a game they play for thousands of hours each year utterly dwarfs a game they can beat in 20-40 hours.
You can import WoW assets into War3 and they'll look exactly the same if you want.
What other video games are you talking about? Like those released this year? That's not going to happen without building the game back up from scratch.

A better comparison would be Bethesda games that are using the same engine with minor updates.
They have been

idk, i look at the game in vanilla and then look at current, and it's a MASSIVE difference. like absolutely huge.
They have been

Go watch the Warcraft Whats Next vod.. they're updating the graphics from AB and WG.

Also its easier to notice significant changes from a game that was released in 2002 and had a max resolution of 1280x1024 with character poly counts in the 350-600 range, against 4K resolutions and vastly higher poly counts & textures.