Weird hitch when opening professions?

General Discussion
Character select screen's also taking longer than it did a week ago to load. But primarily the issue is the game wholesale freezing for about 1 second whenever I click my profession buttons. I've checked a bunch of alts, and it doesn't matter what they have, if I click the LW button, the game freezes briefly. Not a huge thing because I dunno if I've ever crafted outside of a town before unless I really needed a thing, but it wasn't happening a week ago.

I dunno if there was some backend change/hotfix that's messing with things or what. I've tried deleting the WTF folder, I've tried a UI reload, nothing helps. Anyone else having this problem or know a fix that actually works?
Dunno of any fixes, but I've gotten that with every profession on every alt.
Yeah, last 3 days or so for me. Too lazy to do a full UI reset and remove addons thought I guess I should try...
I have gotten it as well. Maybe I am impatient but I reload when tat happens. And this stinks because yes the loading screen takes forever for me too. Thanks for making this thread. I thought it had something to do with my computer.
Was starting to wonder if my computer was having a general issue or not, so glad it's not just it or me.

It is an annoying little issue, and it sometimes makes me think there might be some excessive lag involved, but when I check my latency, it's in the mid 20's ms, which is normal.

/moo

P.S. Oh wait, now I know what is causing it. Opening a profession or the character screen must now be on the GCD.

I'll show myself out now.
You might want to check the Bug or Technical forums for this sort of thing.

I know its happening and people are discussing it on the Tech forum.
Nope, am getting it too and I run 90% addon free. DBM is my only beast.

Every character, ALL of them have this issue when opening any profession.
Yes, I have noticed this as well.
11/04/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Miriel
Yes, I have noticed this as well.
Every loading screen freezes and has lag now. That'll get up their time played metric.
Good to know it isn't just me suffering from it, and that the tech forum's talking about it. I figured it started back on this last Tuesday, since it was fine before that. I'm only just noticing because my Mag'har's in the 60-80 dead zone and I just haven't felt like leveling her much this week.

And yeah, I guess I should say I only really use... 3 addons, really? Be Quiet, to turn off the talking heads that they shoved on us in Legion, a Classic Hotbar to revert the default UI to pre-BfA when it looked nicer, and a small one to remove the utterly pointless resource bar to Order Halls. Occasionally I'll flip DBM on if I'm running transmog stuff, but for the most part I'm fairly light on add-ons.

If it's a known issue, hopefully it'll be traced to its source and squashed. Not being the only one experiencing it definitely makes me feel better. Sometimes you think 'is it the game or is something wrong with my computer?' and that's a gross feeling. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.
Can't be addon related unless everyone that is affected by is running addons, so nix the addons as being the culprit.

This started whenever the Classic demo became available to play, which I have installed. To any of you that are having the lag, do you have the Classic demo installed?

Another "bug" has been happening in BNet where before, whatever WoW account I had used last would be the one listed whenever I logged in to BNet. Now, it defaults to WoW1 every time.
I don't have the demo installed. I didn't buy into Blizzcon, and as far as I know, it was limited to those who did.

Hopefully it gets hammered out soon. I was kinda trying to grind out profession-related gear for transmog purposes. Still can, would just have to suffer the pausing every time I opened the menu. It's a surprisingly annoying little nuisance!
Assumed it was just me and since it's such a minor thing I ignored it.

Can confirm that whenever I try to open the menu for a profession, the game stutters for a moment and then works as usual.
11/04/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Almaqah
Character select screen's also taking longer than it did a week ago to load. But primarily the issue is the game wholesale freezing for about 1 second whenever I click my profession buttons. I've checked a bunch of alts, and it doesn't matter what they have, if I click the LW button, the game freezes briefly. Not a huge thing because I dunno if I've ever crafted outside of a town before unless I really needed a thing, but it wasn't happening a week ago.

I dunno if there was some backend change/hotfix that's messing with things or what. I've tried deleting the WTF folder, I've tried a UI reload, nothing helps. Anyone else having this problem or know a fix that actually works?

I have noticed that when i click on my profession tab, the game will freeze for around half a second or a full second and then it'll catch up, is that what's happening to you?

It happens like 19 out of 20 times i open the tab.
i have this problem

it started...maybe last week? i deleted my wow cache and that seemed to work (from 4-6 secs to 1s) but now it's about 2-3 secs

this bug reminds me of that time when the wow cursor changes to a cog wheel, the game would crash. that was so fkn annoying!
Blizzard getting for mobile app lmao.
Yes its happening to me as well. A pain in the rear :(
They added GCD to opening windows.
Why on earth are you opening any of the professions in BFA?
My Mag'har's still in Outland/Northrend, and there's a bunch of transmog stuff I still wanna make from those tiers.

Hopefully the devs have been properly informed about this dumb little bug and squash it. I just don't feel like even opening WoW right now, but who knows if/when this'll be addressed. The current team doesn't seem very big on doing helpful things...